• 54 results
Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

In today's episode, I try his best to go up against Vinny, who is playing the Metagame for the first time. At least , it seems like he is. But what about that other video? NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

As usual, if you'd like to leave us a comment letting us know who you think took this battle and why, we'd really appreciate it! <3

#1 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

In today's episode, I try his best to go up against Vinny, who is playing the Metagame for the first time. At least , it seems like he is. But what about that other video? NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

As usual, if you'd like to leave us a comment letting us know who you think took this battle and why, we'd really appreciate it! <3

#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

CUT EM VINNY!

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Vinny should have used Halo.

#4 Posted by gerp (193 posts) -

Vinny wins

#5 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Vinny ALWAYS wins.

#6 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Wow it's fantastic to see Vinny in such a situation. Anyway, who is the person in the corner?

#7 Posted by thatpinguino (1145 posts) -

Please someone show Ben where the macro button is on that camera.  It is hard to see the cards.

#8 Posted by Slurpelve (615 posts) -

Sim City was a great game, I remember playing Sim City for hours. 

Sooo GO VINNY!!!

#9 Posted by Mento (2675 posts) -

"The Vinnysaurus cast bufu on the hydroelectric plant, you have insufficient power. I told you you'd regret it if you cut back on funding."

Vinny lucked out on the sudden death card. Maybe should've let him do the same thing with the game cards and see if he didn't get Rez or ICO or something else that takes an afternoon to beat.

#10 Posted by wumbo3000 (989 posts) -

I didn't even watch the video and I already know Vinny won.

#11 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Vinny wins in a TKO fashion 5 seconds.

#12 Posted by Klaptos (182 posts) -

Vinny.

#13 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

You choose Warioware over Street Fighter 2? Come on Nick. You should know better. 

#14 Posted by powerpc127 (99 posts) -

Why does Nick always choose the hard games? In the 2nd round he could have argued that Mass Effect would make the best novel, but instead he argued that Parappa the Rapper makes more people cry.  Now this? Vinny swept the floor before anyone had even started arguing.

#15 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Nick. You lost. Big style.

#16 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

Vinny is the winner.

#17 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

You know who really won?

You guys, the viewers.

#18 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Well, of course Vinny wins. He just twisted his metaphorical mustache and stomped Nick with glee.

#19 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -

@Gearhead said:

You choose Warioware over Street Fighter 2? Come on Nick. You should know better.

Hahahah, I just have no interest in fighting games! That would've been a good one to pick, though, since people have literally been playing that game for 20 years as of 2011. That's insane to think about.

@powerpc127 said:

Why does Nick always choose the hard games? In the 2nd round he could have argued that Mass Effect would make the best novel, but instead he argued that Parappa the Rapper makes more people cry. Now this? Vinny swept the floor before anyone had even started arguing.

Wait, what? I think you're talking about Round 3, except I've never had Mass Effect in my hand on any of the rounds. You have a faulty memory, bro!

#20 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

Vinny <3

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

Vinny wins.

#22 Edited by Fattony12000 (7515 posts) -
@Babylonian: You guys should clearly play it Dirty South style.

2 players, toss to decide who goes first or second.
The question is top decked, the first card picked is the card being used in this round (you should really be eliminating cards that you have already used).
Each speaker's game card is top decked, the first card picked is the card being used in this round (you should really be eliminating cards that you have already used).
2x one minute rounds per speaker

Great job on all the content you guys have been squeezing out into our waiting face-holes. 

When's the next Interncast going up btw? 

LOVE XXX
#23 Posted by powerpc127 (99 posts) -
@Babylonian said:

@powerpc127 said:

Why does Nick always choose the hard games? In the 2nd round he could have argued that Mass Effect would make the best novel, but instead he argued that Parappa the Rapper makes more people cry. Now this? Vinny swept the floor before anyone had even started arguing.

Wait, what? I think you're talking about Round 3, except I've never had Mass Effect in my hand on any of the rounds. You have a faulty memory, bro!

Whoa... You're right. It was round 3 and it was Kessler that had Mass Effect. Maybe that was one of the rounds I watched at like 2 am.
#24 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Vinny wrecking house!

#25 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

So, Vinny won this, easily. He could just have winked into the camera and still have won.

BRB, reinstalling Simcity again, Vinny just made me remember how much I love these games.

#26 Posted by cheapandtacky (129 posts) -

What are you going today with Sim City for 10 years? Get in 3 maybe 4 games, that game takes an age to play anyway.

<3 You Vinnie, in the manliest possible way.

#27 Posted by mustachioeugene (515 posts) -

Vinny wins.

#28 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Vinny wins by default

#29 Posted by Forderz (247 posts) -

Vinny always wins

#30 Posted by Redbullet685 (6051 posts) -
@rudeboy217 said:

Vinny is the winner.

#31 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

I really wouldn't want to play any of those games for a decade. I'd rather go with SimCity over WarioWare but Vinny's points ain't the factor bringing me over to that side.

#32 Posted by Manchild1318 (53 posts) -

Vinny all the way!!!

#33 Posted by Mento (2675 posts) -

The trouble with doing this many is how often the game cards show up. The questions are vaguely defined enough that you can choose to interpret them however you want (which has lead to some creative cases made), but there only seems to be a few dozen game cards and they're laced with lemons like "Passage." I can't say how many people have even heard of Passage, so I'll assume that whichever indie developer was behind it was probably behind the card game too.

I'd suggest hitting this link (props to LordAndrew) five times and moving on from there. I tried it, got two unknown games with almost no details, an indie game about sinks, a Saturn shmup and the as-yet unreleased next Smash Bros. Discussion-inspiring stuff.

#34 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

I don't really care much about these Metagame videos, but when I see "Vinny" on the title then I'm watching that shit.

Also, Nick says "WarioWare" funny.

#35 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

Vinny's argument made the most sense. I like Warioware, but I couldn't play it for that length of time.

#36 Posted by csl316 (8930 posts) -

Sorry, Nick. It's gotta go to Vinny.

Though Halo would've been my choice!

#37 Posted by FateOfNever (1848 posts) -

Vinny wins, hand down, not even a contest.  He could have left the argument at "It's Sim City vs Wario Ware" and would have won.  There may be hundreds of games in Wario Ware, but they are all so limited and never really changing except for the speed at which you have to perform the action for the mini-game, and by the end of the first year alone I bet you'd be sick of seeing the exact same games over and over and over again.  So Vinny continues to go undefeated!  Go Vinny!

#38 Posted by Milpool (506 posts) -

I think this game is bad and you should feel bad.

#39 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

Vinny. He absolutely did not buy any of Nick's argument. :P

#40 Posted by Linkster7 (1034 posts) -

Stupid mortal trying to take on Vinny. Of course he wins!

Vinny be winning always.

#41 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

I vote for Vinny 

. WW is a entertaning ... thing, but if you think that its fun for:  
over 10h > your weard 
over 1 year > you need to be in a nut hospital 
10 years > you are dead my friend and you had a realy bad life!
#42 Posted by mrfluke (5265 posts) -

Ive grown to love the interns but holy shit talk about a flawless victory for vinny though

but nick gave a good argument for a game that you would obviously get bored of after 2 hours

#43 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

Yeah, WarioWare is cool and all, but definitely Sim City.

Also this game isn't all that meta and has a stupid name.

#44 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Good try Nick, but yeah, Sim City. A monkey could have won that argument. That was a softball for Vinny.

#45 Posted by PatVB (331 posts) -

@GlenTennis: Who was the person sitting in the corner of the room with you guys?

#46 Posted by FelixCulpa (97 posts) -

Vinny Wins. 

#47 Posted by rmanthorp (3999 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

You know who really won?

You guys, the viewers.

NO VINNY WON!

#48 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Vinny wins!

#49 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

There was no way Nick could win. He really had to grasp at straws. If I were Vinny, I would have picked Super Mario 64 or Pokemon before Sim City, but that works well for the question too. Pokemon is the one legit game you could play for 10 years.

#50 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11902 posts) -

Vinny won. Sorry nick, but having played WarioWare, I can tell you that it's the kind of game that is meant to be played in short bursts.