The migration is complete

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By StaticFalconar

Welcome to another perch of StaticFalconar.

Before summer started I had gone on a very big migration. To give you a hint of some of the better parts of my summer, here are some pictures.

No Caption Provided

and 

No Caption Provided

I feel super rejuvenated now and for the few times I got online access over the summer I have been thinking....

Nostalgia - a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time

And yet I have seen some threads bashing fighting games for trying to be nostalgic all the time. Well, at least the way I understand the definition, of the word, anything you are referring to has to be in a different place and when it finally goes full circle it is app to say nostalgic. But then again I would disagree with this notion anyway since most people that complain about this don't really see the finer, subtle things that is like night and day to a more hardcore fan of fighting games. 

Which brings me to my guide on SF4. 

Honestly I don't think I'm gonna work on it anymore. There are a bunch of other guides that does a much better job especially when most people are looking for character specific guides. I have the main points of what it means to play SF4 already and any further addition would just take too much time for not enough substance. 

Finally I leave this perch with a question for you. Is there any more interest in having a PSN tournament for SF4 or MVC2? (I still haven't gotten BlazBlue Yet since I was gone the entire summer. Until I get BlazBlue that won't be an option). Leave your opinions please.

PS: If any GBers want to kick my ass in SF4 or MVC2, just message me or something. I am horrible at MVC2 and it feels like ages since I played SF4 so now would be a prime time to get some wins over me. I am so over playing random people online anymore.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Welcome to another perch of StaticFalconar.

Before summer started I had gone on a very big migration. To give you a hint of some of the better parts of my summer, here are some pictures.

No Caption Provided

and 

No Caption Provided

I feel super rejuvenated now and for the few times I got online access over the summer I have been thinking....

Nostalgia - a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time

And yet I have seen some threads bashing fighting games for trying to be nostalgic all the time. Well, at least the way I understand the definition, of the word, anything you are referring to has to be in a different place and when it finally goes full circle it is app to say nostalgic. But then again I would disagree with this notion anyway since most people that complain about this don't really see the finer, subtle things that is like night and day to a more hardcore fan of fighting games. 

Which brings me to my guide on SF4. 

Honestly I don't think I'm gonna work on it anymore. There are a bunch of other guides that does a much better job especially when most people are looking for character specific guides. I have the main points of what it means to play SF4 already and any further addition would just take too much time for not enough substance. 

Finally I leave this perch with a question for you. Is there any more interest in having a PSN tournament for SF4 or MVC2? (I still haven't gotten BlazBlue Yet since I was gone the entire summer. Until I get BlazBlue that won't be an option). Leave your opinions please.

PS: If any GBers want to kick my ass in SF4 or MVC2, just message me or something. I am horrible at MVC2 and it feels like ages since I played SF4 so now would be a prime time to get some wins over me. I am so over playing random people online anymore.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

A migration?  You're a sparrow?! 

Also, I agree with what you are saying:  loltima's Akuma guide pretty much destroyed all other SF guide work on the site.  That mutha-muthafucker...lol. 

Glad to hear you're super rejuvenated, though.  Looks like you got to take in some great sights.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

I ain't the Sparrower, I'm the Falconar. A Static one at that. 

Yeah actually now that you mention loltima, its great to see him make great advances since last time i saw him post. I mean he actually plays someone other than Akuma now? Akuma matata I say. 

As much as I love SF4 and all other fighting games, its guys like loltima that keeps the community going since they will work through the pain to learn all the combos that honestly I don't have the time or discipline to do the same even though I know thats why i lose. and on top of that this guy makes a damn snazzy vid to show it off. At first it seems all flash and no substance, but lately it seems he has made great strides.