The more I play the more I want Diablo 3

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By xxNBxx

I got Titan Quest gold edition back when steam had the weekend deal.  I thought to myself  “hey, it’s only 10 buck why not give it a try" 

After playing it I come to realize something, the more I play TQ the more I want Diablo 3.

I figured out why, though TQ is a fun game it lacks a few key features that I know D3 will have. 

1) Immersive story: 

TQ story isn't bad it just isn't strongly presented.  TQ doesn't have any cinematic to move the story, your character doesn't have a voice to give weight to any of the dialogs, these are all things I know D3 will have

With Diablo2 came Blizzards first good use of storytelling.  You would be hard pressed to say any of the games they have brought out since have had bad stories.  (ppl that think there is no story in WoW need to learn how to read cause there is a ton of story in the game if you would just read at least some of the fiction that’s there)  I know the story will not be ground breaking but it will make you feel that you are a part of it. 

2) Higher replay value:

TQ has good replay value just based on the massive amount of options in each of the mastery trees, but the game plays out the same and looks the same every time you play it.

Blizzard has said D3 will be different every time you play it, cause there will be randomized quests, monsters and on top of that the standard feature in all Diablo games, randomized dungeons. 

3)  Support

TQ has no support outside of the player community. Due to iron works going out of biz.

Blizzard has given players their money’s worth in a polished game out of the box and strong supports after its release.   I think with what they learned from WoW they know that releasing content for a game is a sure fire way to keep the existing players happy but attracts new gamers to their product.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

I got Titan Quest gold edition back when steam had the weekend deal.  I thought to myself  “hey, it’s only 10 buck why not give it a try" 

After playing it I come to realize something, the more I play TQ the more I want Diablo 3.

I figured out why, though TQ is a fun game it lacks a few key features that I know D3 will have. 

1) Immersive story: 

TQ story isn't bad it just isn't strongly presented.  TQ doesn't have any cinematic to move the story, your character doesn't have a voice to give weight to any of the dialogs, these are all things I know D3 will have

With Diablo2 came Blizzards first good use of storytelling.  You would be hard pressed to say any of the games they have brought out since have had bad stories.  (ppl that think there is no story in WoW need to learn how to read cause there is a ton of story in the game if you would just read at least some of the fiction that’s there)  I know the story will not be ground breaking but it will make you feel that you are a part of it. 

2) Higher replay value:

TQ has good replay value just based on the massive amount of options in each of the mastery trees, but the game plays out the same and looks the same every time you play it.

Blizzard has said D3 will be different every time you play it, cause there will be randomized quests, monsters and on top of that the standard feature in all Diablo games, randomized dungeons. 

3)  Support

TQ has no support outside of the player community. Due to iron works going out of biz.

Blizzard has given players their money’s worth in a polished game out of the box and strong supports after its release.   I think with what they learned from WoW they know that releasing content for a game is a sure fire way to keep the existing players happy but attracts new gamers to their product.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Aurelito

Well... why don't you replay Diablo II with expansion pack? You'll have to wait until StarCraft II project is done.
Also be more logical, if you were blizzard, being a developer when everyone just wants to Play "Gears of War-Wise" games and just shoot out their enemies with a shotgun and enjoy the profanity of language, would you trust yourself in developing a game with Isometric camera angle? so, prepare yourself for an announcement saying that Diablo III is delayed until 2014, or worse, it's officially canceled.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Uh, what? Yeah, I think Blizzard is a little more aware of the market than you are, and therefor won't be cancelling what's bound to be one of the top selling titles for the PC (even though I personally don't enjoy such games too much, and couldn't stand Diablo 2 for more than one or two play throughs).

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xxNBxx

Aurelito said:

"Well... why don't you replay Diablo II with expansion pack? "

Cause even though TQ has its flaws it is an evolution of D2. 

There are aspects of TQ that I am sure Blizzard will use, like not having to make an online or offline characters.

Depth of field is a big thing in TQ and just from the few vids I have seen of D3 I can tell so will it. 

Aurelito said:

"You'll have to wait until StarCraft II project is done."

That’s not what they said.  More likely they will release Diablo3 after they release the first part of StarCraft 2, and that is coming out this year.

Al3xand3r said:

"Uh, what? Yeah, I think Blizzard is a little more aware of the market than you are, and therefor won't be cancelling what's bound to be one of the top selling titles for the PC (even though I personally don't enjoy such games too much, and couldn't stand Diablo 2 for more than one or two play throughs)."

Ahh yes but you still played it two times through, and i am sure that D3 will be better then D2.  So you will only play 3 times through  =P