• 121 results
#1 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

I hae had a fair few, I just wanted to know everybody elses most memorable, shocking, awesome...just the most outstanding part in a game.

#2 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

final boss and final scene in dead space....awesome

#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

Completing Guitar Praise.

#4 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -

The beginning of Planescape: Torment is quite a Jesus Christ moment i must say.

edit: ah... no one got the joke.

#5 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

FF XII. Every time I turned it on, I thought "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is this?"

#6 Posted by Phaseshift (222 posts) -
@Stang said:
" FF XII. Every time I turned it on, I thought "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is this?" "
ha! I agree.
#7 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@Stang said:
" FF XII. Every time I turned it on, I thought "Jesus Christ, what the fuck is this?" "
Really? I enjoyed FFXII a lot, and its opening was quite awesome. There wasnt a massive problem with its battles-there was barely any difference at all, im my opinion.

Anyway, as I didnt post mine, the final fight against Ocelot in MGS4 was pretty jesus.
#8 Posted by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -

Pressing start on the inFAMOUS title screen.

#9 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@iAmJohn: What happens?
#10 Posted by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -

Micowave crawl in MGS4.

Two reasons:
I couldnt believe how long they needed me to mash on the triangle

I couldnt believe how brilliant and it immersive it was

#11 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

Im still expecting loads of people to come along with things that happened in Eternal Darkness. That game was pretty kick ass, from what Ive heard. It was pretty jesus as well.

#12 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" Pressing start on the inFAMOUS title screen. "
This.

#13 Edited by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -
@darkspirit138 said:
" @iAmJohn: What happens? "
EMPIRE CITY BLOWS UP!!!

In the vein, the bomb in CoD4 was pretty sobering, too.
#14 Posted by Kr3lian (310 posts) -

I have a few, but some probably won't seem all that cool to the youngsters:

1) The end of Super Metroid
2) The beginning of Star Fox
3) Turning on Mario 64 for the first time
4) Seeing Vivec in Morrowind for the first time
4b) Entering the final dungeon in Morrowind
5) Some of the battles in Mechwarrior 3 made me flip out...what an awesome forgotten game
6) Encountering the regenerating creatures in RE4 for the first time

#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Two words:

Silent Hill.

#16 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@darkspirit138 said:
" @Stang said:
Really? I enjoyed FFXII a lot, and its opening was quite awesome. There wasnt a massive problem with its battles-there was barely any difference at all, im my opinion.Anyway, as I didnt post mine, the final fight against Ocelot in MGS4 was pretty jesus. "
Final Fantasy is the franchise I grew up with. Some people grew up with Sonic or Mario....I was a nerd at birth and flocked to the series. I appreciated how every entry in the series was unique, but played the same for the most part. XII deviated too much from the source for me, I just could not get in to it.
#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd say getting around 600-700 coins in Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I wrote it down somewhere, but I'm sure I lost the paper telling me what the number was.

#18 Posted by iAmJohn (6121 posts) -
@Kr3lian said:
"Encountering the regenerating creatures in RE4 for the first time "
Oh man.
#19 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

The end of Mass Effect was a Jesus Chirst moment for me - very epic and very suspenseful.

#20 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -
@Drebin_893 said:
" Completing Guitar Praise. "
I collapsed to my knees in praise after embracing all that christian rock
#21 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@gingertastic_10 said:
" final boss and final scene in dead space....awesome "
I had no idea that was going to happen at the end =( talk about forcing myself to play through a game that scares me only to see that. Is there ever a break with that game?
#22 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
@darkspirit138 said:
" @Stang said:    .Anyway, as I didnt post mine, the final fight against Ocelot in MGS4 was pretty jesus. "
       this, The fist time I saw it  I was just like "WHAT?!?!"......."WHAT?!?"    "DUDE, YES!!!"
#23 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4. All of it.

#24 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Seemed relevant:

#25 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Probably the scene in Bioshock, I really had no fucking clue. Or my first game of Tribes, I could believe I was playing with people who were not in the same room.

#26 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6229 posts) -
@Kr3lian said:
"I have a few, but some probably won't seem all that cool to the youngsters:1) The end of Super Metroid2) The beginning of Star Fox3) Turning on Mario 64 for the first time4) Seeing Vivec in Morrowind for the first time4b) Entering the final dungeon in Morrowind5) Some of the battles in Mechwarrior 3 made me flip out...what an awesome forgotten game6) Encountering the regenerating creatures in RE4 for the first time"

That's a hell of a good list, and I'll agree (haven't played all the way through RE4, though).  I'll add a couple.  Mine probably aren't going to seem all that cool to the young'uns either:

1)  Final Fantasy VII's CG cutscenes were jaw-dropping at the time.  Between Aeris's death and the Weapon cutscenes, I was pretty much floored every time I turned around.
2)  Soul Edge's opening cinematic blew me away back in the day.
3)  Realizing just how expansive and how much you could do in Morrowind for the first time on Xbox was pretty damned amazing.
4)  The last fifteen minutes or so of Quest for Glory IV had me just shaking my head in amazement.  It was an incredible sequence of events at the time.
#27 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

A recent one for me was when you first exit the vault in Fallout 3. 

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

1)Nuke explosion in COD4

2)The final boss fight in Crysis on the carrier
3)The first moments of being surrounded by crabheads in HL2 in We Dont Go To Ravenholm

i dunno im sure i had more in bigger games but i cant remember nothin' ...
#29 Posted by Eric_Buck (1289 posts) -

For something planned in a game probably the Nuke explosion in CoD4 but once in online on GTA IV (Cops n robbers) I was the last robber and had to get to the boat. I was on this narrow bridge with a lambrogini thing. This hummer comes straight on for a collission (it was a narrow bridge so nowhere to go) and as I though he was gonna smoke me he ramped on my lambrogini thing into the ocean. Jesus. Christ.

#30 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -
@Stang said:
"@darkspirit138 said:
" @Stang said:
Really? I enjoyed FFXII a lot, and its opening was quite awesome. There wasnt a massive problem with its battles-there was barely any difference at all, im my opinion.Anyway, as I didnt post mine, the final fight against Ocelot in MGS4 was pretty jesus. "
Final Fantasy is the franchise I grew up with. Some people grew up with Sonic or Mario....I was a nerd at birth and flocked to the series. I appreciated how every entry in the series was unique, but played the same for the most part. XII deviated too much from the source for me, I just could not get in to it."

I am one of thosae that loved FFXII for all it's differences, and had an awesome time playing it.  Can't wait until XIII!
#31 Posted by sarahsdad (1100 posts) -

The cinematic of finding the first zombie huntched over someone in the first Resident Evil was a JC moment at the time.

Playing cod4 when I died after the nuke.
Also in Mass Effect I was amazed I was able to not only talk my way out of a fight, but to get the bad guy to take care of himself for me.
#32 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@twenty0ne said:
" Seemed relevant:

"
Lol.
#33 Posted by FlipperDesert (2090 posts) -

The ending of Persona 3.

*badum-psh!*

#34 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Completing Mario RPG.

#35 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -
@FlipperDesert: I lol'd
#36 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: Which one? The Super Nintendo one?
#37 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

First time playing against Psycho Mantis.

/End Thread
#38 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Christian extremists do not approve of this thread.

#39 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -
@Webby said:
" First time playing against Psycho Mantis.
/End Thread
"
I lol'd.

Still no Eternal Darkness people?
#40 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6993 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" Pressing start on the inFAMOUS title screen. "
hahaha
#41 Edited by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -

The dual PH fight and the "in water" ending of Silent Hill 2 (a solemn Jesus Christ) 

as well as entering Ra-... no.... the entire intro to Bioshock

there are many other moments (I have yet to play MGS 4, and Ive heard that it has plenty) but I can't recall as of now :P
EDIT: I agree with those above, the intro to inFAMOUS caught me off guard and had me panicking lol
#42 Posted by 1trained_n00b (23 posts) -

MGS2: phonecall between Snake and Otacon

MGS4 epiloge

to name a few

#43 Posted by manurok1 (191 posts) -

Lots of the scenes in Bioshock.

#44 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

The first Berserker encounter in Gears of War, as well as the entire last segment of the game while you're on the train.

The bathtub scene in Eternal Darkness, hot damn.

MGS3, the Shagohad chase. Holy crap, hahaha.

The last contract in Mercenaries, where you have to jump a chasm using a crappy jeep. Also, the intro to that contract, where it's practically armageddon and the only reason you're alive is because of the tank you're in.

The first time I summoned Judgement in Golden Sun.

The freefall Ridley boss fight in Metroid Prime 3 (though, just the beginning of it, since you get used to it after about ten seconds).

The first mission of Star Wars: Rogue Leader, especially the trench run. It was exactly like it was in the movies, and awesome as a result.

The flying sand worm Colossi in Shadow of The Colossus, as well as the final one, just from how damn huge it was.

When I completed Freebird on GH:2 on expert. I practiced for weeks for that, damn it.

There have been numerous crazy times I've said something to this extent in both Burnout and F-Zero but there's no way I'm naming them all.

The end of Halo 1, and to a lesser extent, the end of Halo 3.

#45 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

The Call of Duty 4 nuke and ending. It still gives me shivers to this day.

#46 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -

The Moment i started playing God Hand. :D

#47 Posted by Zachariahus (131 posts) -
@alsnuts2 said:
" Micowave crawl in MGS4. Two reasons:I couldnt believe how long they needed me to mash on the triangleI couldnt believe how brilliant and it immersive it was "
Yeah, I about died, no pun intended.
#48 Posted by Roboyto (80 posts) -

So many accumulated moments over years of gaming. The first ones that pop into mind are

-Aerith's death in FFVII, still upsets me every time
-Gray Fox's appearance during MGS against Rex
-The very end of Dead Space, eventhough I was pretty sure that was coming, it still made me jump
-inFamous' ending. Pretty much the best 'JESUS CHRIST' moment in recent memory for me, and the best game ending in a while
-So many moments in MGS4. Getting a headache trying to unravel the plotline, the final fist fight and all its awesomeness, the fight at the end of act 4, the appearances after the voice acting credits and all that follows.
-MGS3 Sniper fight

#49 Posted by LeoMinor (261 posts) -

Recently, seeing "You Know Who" at the very end of MGS4.  I remember saying out loud "Holy Fuck!"

#50 Posted by Jeust (10680 posts) -

@Ineedaname said:

" @gingertastic_10 said:
" final boss and final scene in dead space....awesome "
I had no idea that was going to happen at the end =( talk about forcing myself to play through a game that scares me only to see that. Is there ever a break with that game? "
There is... after the last boss. :p

@nofx4208 said:

" The dual PH fight and the "in water" ending of Silent Hill 2 (a solemn Jesus Christ) 

I was thinking about the same...

but there is another ending that i'm trying to see and it promises to be equally or even more satisfying called rebirth.