The (Mostly) Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, Oct. 26 2014

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

Do not adjust your sets I am actually posting a Weekly Wiki Update this week. I was pretty busy, and spent some time out of town so I ended up missing the updates. I actually felt pretty bad about missing them, but I just ended up not being able to do them.

I left off after the last update with working on some more pinball stuff. I worked on a bunch of empty table pages to add their basic information and I added a lot more tables to the multiball concept page.

I ended up creating some pages over the last couple weeks as well starting with a mediocre hunting game called Deer Drive Legends. I then added a Japanese PS2 game called The Tōbō Prisoner: Ross City Shinjitsu eno 10-Jikan which is volume 110 of the Simple 2000 series.

Most of what I worked on recently was just random small edits on a lot of pages either filling something in or just fixing it.

The only other thing I really worked on was filling in information/credts/ect. on some more Game Boy Color game pages.

Alright everyone I am really hoping to get back on track this week, but with Halloween, who knows? What has been going on with you other wiki editors while I have been slacking?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Hey, you're back :D

I've been a little lax on editing stuff recently. Also, mainly just bits and pieces here or there.

I've been thinking about making a Hercules graphics concept (Basically, DOS games that support monochrome graphics).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Huh, I was recently wondering as to what had happened to your blog series; my first thought was that you were maybe dissuaded a little at the idea of continuing on with them for one reason or another. Glad to see you're still keepin' em going in any case!

Biggest edits of mine are all primarily related to Resident Evil pages, as per usual.

• Greatly expanded the Deadly Silence article.
  • Finally got around to adding some finishing touches on the RE6 page, though it's still not 'done' as of yet.
  • Expanded development for the Resident Evil 5 page. (also, it can be really bloody annoying at how searching for pages seems to bring up videos and news-related articles now, too)
  • Created a bunch of Resident Evil: Outbreak characters.
  • Started an article for Capcom developer page Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, courtesy of all the information I was able to gather from a Game Informer interview.
  • Expanded the Dino Crisis page, though that too isn't entirely finished yet. Mostly just worked on its Gameplay segment.
  • Annnd have most recently started working on The Evil Within page, alongside creating many new character pages for it.

Really wanna maybe start working on the Alien: Isolation page soon, too. It deserves a much more fleshed out Gameplay segment at the very least.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I caught some wiki vandalism and reported it to the mod team. That's about it.

Real life has me by the throat right now

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Ugh, I just spent almost an hour finishing the credits for All-Star Baseball 2000 only to have it give me an error, so you know what? Screw those credits.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Ugh, I just spent almost an hour finishing the credits for All-Star Baseball 2000 only to have it give me an error, so you know what? Screw those credits.

:(, ugh man that's so deflating. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#6 Mento  Moderator

Late reply! I just completed touching up all the fuzzy header images for SNES releases between 1990-92 and am now starting my new Wiki Project: The Complete Kacho (I need to start spending more than 30 seconds on coming up with names for these projects, I'm as bad as the secretary from Metal Wolf Chaos).

Essentially, I'm ensuring that every game that has been featured on GCCX (around 180) has its own complete page. So far it's meant grabbing a few header images and fixing typos for some high profile NES games (can you believe the Super Mario Bros page was filled with 2nd person usage?), but that show has gone on to present plenty of obscure Japan-only stuff after covering the obvious landmark games. We also have a fairly comprehensive page for Shinya Arino, with links to all the games featured on the show (with a few exceptions that I'll be addressing). The intent is to have a background resource for any GCCX fan.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

One thing I want to bring up: should "Capture the Flag" and "Capture the... What?" be combined? I feel like they are the exact same concept even if the specific item that's being captured is different. It's like bosses in Jazz Jackrabbit - they're referred to as 'guardians', but for all intents are purposes, they're one and the same.

Also, "Capture the... What?" is not a very good concept name.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@beachthunder said:

One thing I want to bring up: should "Capture the Flag" and "Capture the... What?" be combined? I feel like they are the exact same concept even if the specific item that's being captured is different. It's like bosses in Jazz Jackrabbit - they're referred to as 'guardians', but for all intents and purposes, they're one and the same.

Also, "Capture the... What?" is not a very good concept name.

I agree. It should instead simply have a section below listing games that have something other than a flag. The name would also at a very least suit some in-article header as opposed to a full page title at that.