It's me! Your good old timey friend! Y'know, Fattony12000? That guy wh...h-hey where are y-you going!? It's okay duder, I'm not here to ask anything OF you; I'm here to GIVE YOU some free digital data! Namely in the form of a totally work in progress, totally kinda sub par (at least for now) modification for the Ryan Davis-approved video game Sid Meier's Civilization V. At this stage of development many of the core things I want to implement are still nebulous, but I think I'm forming a somewhat cohesive picture in my mind's eye for how I want The Nation of Taswell to look, play and feel inside of the game. Nebulous enough that I am, of course, open to suggestions and comments from each and all of you. Hit me up!
To give you a very brief word picture of what I currently have floating around in my mind for this mod:
A Civilization that is focussed more on culture/music/religion/Great People (you know you gots to get those dope custom Great Musicians)/modern-era technologies (mass media/communications-type stuff). As opposed to a militaristic or commerce-based Civ.
- The atomic bomb could be tweaked and renamed the Giant Bomb, obviously. (partially done)
- Add a new technology and/or buildings/units relating to the sphere of video games. This may take a while. (partially done)
- Adjusting China's AI to somehow ignore/care less about what this Civ does.
- Change the colours used for the Civ and the units that are part of it. I'm thinking some hench New Balance colourway.
- Make the names, descriptions, units, abilities and traits not placeholder. (partially done)
- Add more/better copy to the mod description, Civ selection and Dawn of Man text. (partially done)
- Add custom music/sound effects. I'm thinking about making a new voice-over for the Dawn of Man intro. (a little bit done)
- Make a proper icon for the Civ, right now it's just a tiny Ryan face, which is great (of course), but I wanna try and keep to Sid's style guide. (partially done)
- Update: 12 Feb @ 11:23pm
- Added new (but still placeholder!) artwork for Ryan's leader scene.
- Added code+names for Great Prophets, I plan to replace the current names with more fitting choices soon.
"General Ryan T. Davis" artwork by Rexcellent on , kindly used with his permission.
Mod concept and code by Fattony12000 on and , based on work by Vice Virtuoso and Tomatekh.
From the Heart
It's got a salute in it, so, errr...it's kinda related to the theme of this mod thing? I guess?
Thanks, Ryan. I just wish I had made this dumb thing years ago, whilst you were still around to pour your scorn upon it!
Deep Down Data
- From this: General Ryan T. Davis thread on Giant Bomb (the 30th of July, 2013)
- To this: The Nation of Taswell mod on Steam Workshop (the 3rd of February, 2014) 0 visitors + 0 subscribers
- To this: The Humble Sid Meier Bundle thread on NeoGAF (the 5th of February, 2014) 4 visitors + 1 subscriber
- 07/02/14 = 2,539 visitors + 156 subscribers
- 11/02/14 = 3,817 visitors + 291 subscribers
- 12/02/14 = 4,081 visitors + 368 subscribers
- 13/02/14 = 4,198 visitors + 424 subscribers
Oh, and whilst you're here you may as well buy ALL OF THE CIVILIZATIONS courtesy of the latest Humble Bundle right now! It's almost, almost like I planned for this to happen somehow. (You've got 7 days left on the sale, at the time of my modifying of this message.)
And thaaat will just about do it I reckon! Ta very much for sitting there and scrolling your mouse wheel down this far. We all thank you for your patronage, yeah, even that guy sat way in the back. Even though he doesn't show it, he really thinks you're great for being cool enough to make it this far.