The New Frozen Synapse Ending (Mass Effect 3 Related)

Fasckira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fasckira

The new Frozen Synapse ending has a small pop at the whole Mass Effect 3 Ending fiasco:

Taken from Kotaku/Escapist:

"This is the ending to a computer game," the new final cut scene reads beneath a hand-drawn picture of the aforementioned animal duo. "We don't care if you like it ... but at least the pony and dinosaur are happy." As the screen fades to black, the message continues in a small, but stark white font. "We go through a lot of things in life," it reads. "Not all of them are under our control. But that's ok because it's all water under the bridge, right? We can't expect the outcome of our stories to conform to our own perceptions."

The game then shifts gears, and informs its community that they are both "moist and dolphin-proof."

Yes, this is the new, non-optional, total replacement ending for Frozen Synapse ... at least for about a week. After that, things will supposedly revert to normal. Paul Taylor, co-founder of the game's developer, Mode 7, has already commented on the potentially controversial decision, claiming that the move was mostly a personal experiment.

"This is not a criticism of Bioware or anything they have said/done," Taylor remarked. "It is an experiment: I wanted to know how this felt. Honestly, it felt like vandalizing my own work, which was interesting."

Source: http://kotaku.com/5895829/mass-effect-3-outcry-answered-with-a-new-ending-for-a-completely-different-game

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pinworm45

@Fasckira said:

"This is not a criticism of Bioware or anything they have said/done," Taylor remarked. "It is an experiment: I wanted to know how this felt. Honestly, it felt like vandalizing my own work, which was interesting."

What a pointless thing. It felt like vandalizing his own work because that's exactly what he did, on purpose, to make a point. This would be like the equivalent of me painting a picture really badly on purpose, and then fixing it so it doesn't suck as much and then saying "well that worked out! I guess editing your work after it's complete is always 100% effective and the right thing to do now!"

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero
Fasckira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fasckira

@BisonHero: Ooof, sorry fella, thats my fault for not checking the actual Frozen Synapse forum!

It is a bit silly though, cant help but feel its been done more to draw attention to his own game rather than make any real kind of statement on the ME3 ending issue.