• 72 results
#1 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

Okay, I read that this has been tried before and nobody keeps up with it. I want to give it another go. Obviously, I got the idea from GAF, and I'd post there, but the waiting list to get approved is taking forever. Sooo... Post any of your purchases here. Buy something cool or interesting? Upload a REAL (not stock) photo of it and tell the community! I love seeing other people's purchases as it lets you know of stuff that's out there that you had no idea even existed. It's also a cool place to find deals on stuff.

That being said, I wanted to give this thread a kick in the ass by posting my pickups from the last two months instead of one. Please feel free to reach back a little in time so we can get some items up. I'm posting a ton of them myself from the last two and a half months to hopefully get the ball rolling. Here we go!

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

You bought all of that within 4 days?

#3 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: No. Read the post.

#4 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Even over two-and-a-half months it still looks like you have too much stuff to do.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@FollowSmoke: Ah, sorry. I skipped the second paragraph.

Only thing I got was StarCraft II, Dark Souls and the Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset. I'd like to post pictures... but I can't right now.

#6 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

These are the most recent things I've purchased:

#7 Posted by Inkerman (1449 posts) -

Jesus you bought a ton of stuff. I bought BF3 and Skyrim. Oh, and some spray paint and a cutting mat. 

Also, Leviathan Wakes, really cool space opera.
#8 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

@Inkerman said:

Jesus you bought a ton of stuff. I bought BF3 and Skyrim. Oh, and some spray paint and a cutting mat.

Yeah, I'm not buying any more games (except Skyrim, Saints Row) until I go through my entire backlog. What's with the paint?

#9 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
I'm surprised at how little I bought this month (bought the shirts a while back but just got them today)

@FancySoapsMan: I've always wanted to try Knights in the Nightmare but PSP games just don't get played around here unless I borrow the cable from my brother that lets me play it on my TV... defeating the purpose, sure, but I don't use it when I travel.

How is Knights in the Nightmare?

#10 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

Pickup thread? Awesome! LFG Heroic Naxx, DPS Druid PST!!!

#11 Posted by kcp12 (58 posts) -

New Phone

#12 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

@kcp12: Windows logo frowns upon this Apple worship.

Whatever was on sale for the month of October on Steam, I probably bought half of it.

#13 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

@kcp12 said:

New Phone

Jealous. I have to stick it out with my Droid X for another year before switching over.

#14 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

All my purchases are on Steam... No wait, I bought some socks. Aw well. My contributions will probably be more impressive if there is another thread like this next month. By that time I will have started my new job, and I will have some money to spend.

#15 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Records and a new tank top.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

I'm surprised at how little I bought this month (bought the shirts a while back but just got them today)

@FancySoapsMan: I've always wanted to try Knights in the Nightmare but PSP games just don't get played around here unless I borrow the cable from my brother that lets me play it on my TV... defeating the purpose, sure, but I don't use it when I travel.

How is Knights in the Nightmare?

Glad to see more Bamboo Blade fans out there. :)

#17 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

Condoms and Vonnegut? So it goes.

#18 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

These are the most recent things I've purchased:

Are you a member of the Illuminati?

#19 Posted by Inkerman (1449 posts) -
@FollowSmoke said:

@Inkerman said:

Yeah, I'm not buying any more games (except Skyrim, Saints Row) until I go through my entire backlog. What's with the paint?

Spray stencils (hence the cutting mat).
#20 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -
@SuperWristBands: Can't say since I haven't played it yet. Sorry. 

@PillClinton: Umm.... no. >__>
#21 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

I'll show a handful of things, since i'm getting ready for bed and I have to wake up at 6:30 for class.

Hello Kitty stickers, food and treats for my ferret Harley, an Alice in Wonderland book cover for my kindle, Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss .mobi I bought on my kindle.

#22 Posted by MEATBALL (3070 posts) -
Purchased this week.
#23 Posted by JohnLocke (255 posts) -

Just a quick question, can we post what we have picked up without photos or are they a requirement?

(I have a camera on my phone but the quality is not great, but if pics are required then I will try and find a solution to this issue).

#24 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (393 posts) -

I'm poor right now (just quit a perfectly good job that I hated) so I don't buy that much stuff.

But I bought this and I'm pretty happy about it.

#25 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (520 posts) -
#26 Posted by Lazy0718 (49 posts) -

So far I have bought Uncharted 3 this month.

#27 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Only purchase worth noting so far has been some hockey game tickets.

#28 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

My most recent one.

#29 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

This is a neat idea, remind me again at the end of the month and I will come back here.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Cool thread, needs more vinyl records.

#31 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

I thought this was a dating thread. Anyway, my recent purchases are:

#32 Posted by FluffyZombeh (57 posts) -

Just the most 3 recent purchases I made. (Desktop, Logitech G35 Headset, Logitech G9x Mouse)

#33 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -
I bought this ticket to see Ghostbusters in theatres on Halloween.
#34 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
Halloween costume
...Cookies...

I err... guess I don't buy a lot o stuff.

#35 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@FollowSmoke: So, who's the girl? Haha.

#36 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@I_smell said:

Halloween costume
...Cookies...

I err... guess I don't buy a lot o stuff.

Man, Cookies is all you goddamn need!

#37 Edited by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

Would have posted yesterday, but didn't have the time to. These were from the past week or so (so no Dark Souls Collector's Edition or whatnot) Actually, slight edit: Pre-ordered the CD/Vinyl/Poster set for Th1rt3en a couple of months ago, but they came in this week.

#38 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

Got a t-shirt from Threadless.

Also, got a couple codes for whomever would use them. I don't play Uncharted 3 multi-player, so... 8ET2-T3ND-CARC gets you the carpet bomb kick back, clip size mod for the Para 9 & the clip size mod for the G-MAL. N57L-KJNK-HQNK gets you the Nathan Drake skin. Help yourself!

#39 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

@EvilKatarn said:

My most recent one.

Pretty jealous of that Twin Peaks box set. Also, hope you enjoy Bayonetta. That game was the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had... probably ever. So over the top and amazing game play.

#40 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
#41 Edited by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

Not sure where you were going or what you were planning to do with what was in that 5th picture lol.

I just bought Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Awesome game, played through it 3 times already.

#42 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

Not new but awesome nonetheless.

#43 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@LiquidSwords: That tank top rules

#44 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

Actually I did buy something today!

#45 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

I told myself I was done for awhile, but... I'm weak.

#46 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
For my thousandth game, I bought Steel Battalion
Being stupid, I bought the SotD soundtrack. On the plus side, it's signed!
#47 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
+ Skyrim PC
#48 Posted by FollowSmoke (40 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

For my thousandth game, I bought Steel Battalion

So fucking cool.

#49 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (458 posts) -
Finally upgraded from my Sony CRT
New additions since October
#50 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

I liked the part where this was about games and not "my first time moving away from home".