The new Indie humble bundle tastes like christmas.

• 54 results
Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Questionable
No Caption Provided

Just a heads up for a pretty amazing deal i am sure alot of you wont be able to pass up on.

For a fee of your personal choosing you receive:

• Direct downloads of all the games included in the bundle (DRM free)
  • Steam codes for all the games included in the bundle.
  • Additional code for Gratuitous Space Battles to unlock its multilayer component (better back this one up)

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Personally just having SMB and Cave story on there already won me over, what games can you think of to make the next bundle this awesome? Anyone plan on playing scrooge and opting in for 1$?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Questionable
No Caption Provided

Just a heads up for a pretty amazing deal i am sure alot of you wont be able to pass up on.

For a fee of your personal choosing you receive:

• Direct downloads of all the games included in the bundle (DRM free)
  • Steam codes for all the games included in the bundle.
  • Additional code for Gratuitous Space Battles to unlock its multilayer component (better back this one up)

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Personally just having SMB and Cave story on there already won me over, what games can you think of to make the next bundle this awesome? Anyone plan on playing scrooge and opting in for 1$?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I thought about paying a dollar, but decided not to be a dissolute degenerate. I'll wait until I have some more money; my impecunious state won't last too long.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SSully

HMMMM! I might get this for Cave story and shank to be honest..... Plus I can gift SMB and jamestown since i already own it.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By ADAMWD

@SSully: If this is like the last bundles, you can't gift games that you already own.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zeforgotten

Dropped another 50 bucks on that bundle too and the Royale Indie Bundle. The Xmas bundle that the Royale Indie thingy put up was a Blind Pre-Order so I had no idea what I would get. Still dropped 50 bucks on that too!  
3 good games (well more, since there are more Blackwell games in one) and then that Dino D-day bullshit some retard thought was a good idea, but still worth the 50 

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ben_H

Already bought it even though I already own two of the games. I just wanted Cave Story. 

Remember that you have to pay over the average amount to get Cave Story and Gratuitous Space Battles.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By misterhaan

i already had nightsky (which looks pretty good) from indie royale, but was interested in super meat boy so nice to see that. i normally put up $50-$100 and send most of it to eff for the numbered humble bundles, but since this one swapped out eff for the red cross i came in lower. 6 new games for me!

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Questionable

@ADAMWD said:

@SSully: If this is like the last bundles, you can't gift games that you already own.

This is correct, its stated in the description on the main page

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SSully

@Questionable said:

@ADAMWD said:

This is correct, its stated in the description on the main page

Ouch, this became much less appealing. I will still have to check it out.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TehBuLL

awesome. I've really wanted to play SMB and Jamestown anyways, so had to take up their offer. Bonus: I don't care at all about GSB or Cavestory. Double Bonus: Downloads right to Steam...gotta love the future.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cap123

HMMMMM jamestown isn't appearing on my steam after I bought this, all the others are, yet when I go to the steam store it says I own it!

And I pretty much bought this for Jamestown!!!!!!!! >;B(

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

This is worth me dropping 25 bucks.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By SerHulse

@mylifeforAiur: Did you know that people pirate the Humble Bundle? Now there's degeneracy

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SerHulse

So I got this a few hours ago, and I must say:

GRATUITOUS SPACE BATTLES FUCKING ROCKS!!

If you aren't spending more than the average, then first, what the hell is wrong with you?, cough up man, and second, it's a fantastic game and you'd be missing out big time.

Antiimony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Antiimony

@Questionable: You can actually only pay $.01 if you want... But I'm paying above average for Cave Story.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Dagbiker

i gave a large(er) amount and donated a third of it to charity, but i will not have time to play the games until i get home from vacation. Im leaving tomarow.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Gratuitous Space Battles seems alright. It would be helpful if the game actually gave some sort of feedback in regards to how I need to improve my fleets, but I dunno. Cool enough, for being super trial-and-error.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vextroid

Was thinking of getting Cave Story yesterday or wait for Steam Winter Sale.

But I got this instead and it's for a good cause.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By lumley

This is probably the best humble bundle there has been, you're literally saving soooo much money no matter how much you pay for all the games

(plus duder.. charity!!!)

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#20  Edited By Little_Socrates

This is a pretty amazing Humble Indie Bundle. I have all the games on there that I actually want, but damn if it isn't impressive.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By shiftymagician

If I didn't own more than half of the games, I would definitely consider getting it. Don't they just give out keys for each game by themselves, potentially allowing me to just give them to some friends as gifts? Or is it just one key or code that bundles all games together when activating?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Questionable

@ShiftyMagician said:

If I didn't own more than half of the games, I would definitely consider getting it. Don't they just give out keys for each game by themselves, potentially allowing me to just give them to some friends as gifts? Or is it just one key or code that bundles all games together when activating?

1 Steam key for the combined list of games. The direct download/torrent link is sharable but i don't know why anyone would pirate a deal this good.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shiftymagician

@Questionable said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

1 Steam key for the combined list of games. The direct download/torrent link is sharable but i don't know why anyone would pirate a deal this good.

Thanks for the clarification dude. Mainly wanted to know this as I was also considering getting a few digital games as gifts from this great deal for some family members of mine who would more than appreciate it.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By GunslingerPanda

This is a great deal. Kind of shady that you can't gift additional copies though, now I have 2 SMBs.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JoeyRavn

Paid $5 (~€3.50), couldn't be happier. But since I have S-Ranked Super Meat Boy on 360, having it sitting there on my Steam account is... nightmare fuel. I want to play it so badly, yet I'm so fucking terrified by it...

Anyway, awesome, awesome, awesome bundle. Best ever. It just proves that buying individual indie games is plainly retarded, but hey, amazing price/quality ratio.

mystakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By mystakin

I dropped $15 on these games, but probably won't get to them until much later. I was gonna pay $10 but when I saw that I'd have to do a custom price for it I was like "ehh, I gotta at least go with one of their suggested prices, right?" I already owned SMB, but on 360 and not PC. Glad to finally own a copy of Cave Story, too. Can't wait to dig into these games once I have the time.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Natedogg2

I dropped $5 to pick everything up (I already own Super Meat Boy on Steam, and Shank on PS3). I bought it mostly for Cave Story+ and Bit.Trip.Runner. I've had a good time playing those two. I tried Gratuitous Space Battles, but I don't think it's my kind of game (I played a few games and had little idea what I was doing). And Jamestown is interesting. I did not expect a top down shooter when I booted it up, that's for sure.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By thebunnyhunter

The new humble bundle is indeed great. so far loving Jamestown and Bit.Trip.Runner

also if interested the LittleBigBunch bundle should be going live today, it contains Explodemon, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Frozen Synapse and another unspecified game.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vexxan

My third copy of Super Meat Boy but who gives a damn, paid $5 bucks for all of those lovely games. I'll have much to play tonight :)

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SerHulse

@ShiftyMagician: You can buy the bundle as a gift, there is a little check box at the bottom were all the PayPal stuff is.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shiftymagician

@Hulsey90 said:

@ShiftyMagician: You can buy the bundle as a gift, there is a little check box at the bottom were all the PayPal stuff is.

Oh I know of that thanks, but the main reason for asking is to see if it was possible to gift copies of games I already own individually to my younger family members. The Indie Royale was cool in that the keys were separated for each game but I guess it won't be so for this one. However man, this bundle is really good and I might just get it for Cave Story and to try out NightSky and Shank.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By themartyr

Paid over the average for SMB alone. I got the Introversion Bundle a few weeks back, and wasn't terribly thrilled with the games included, although I still thought that it was well worth the money, simply for experimentation's sake.

Next sale purchase/hope is probably Amnesia if it shows up on Steam during their upcoming Feast of Winter sale. Really should have picked it up at Hallowe'en, but here's hoping I don't come to regret that inaction.

SeaMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SeaMoose

So happy with this Humble Bundle. I've been buying most of them straight away but this is by far the best. I didn't even realise SMB was on Mac yet until yesterday =D

Only played a few of the games as i've got a load of assignments to do but mannnnn this makes me so much happier with the limited games that can run on my Mac!

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#34  Edited By kalmis

Done. Bought one for myself so that I could get Cave Story+ and two gifts for my mates.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Tordah

This is a pretty damn awesome bundle. Should be an easy decision for anyone that doesn't already own all these games.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlightConfuse

Bought this yesterday great group of games

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ravenlight

@mylifeforAiur said:

I thought about paying a dollar, but decided not to be a dissolute degenerate. I'll wait until I have some more money; my impecunious state won't last too long.

Does your verbosity have an inverse relationship with your disposable income? :P

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By moncole

I was about to but it than my Internet went out. I once spent a 1$ on a humble Bundle and felt horrible about it

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Man, go play NightSky now. I just beat it and it's incredible, my favourite so far. Gratuitous Space Battles is kinda boring, just sitting there watching the ships blow each other.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MikkaQ

I keep wanting to participate in these bundles, but I continue to already own all, or almost all the games put forth, no matter how good they are. Often times I have multiple copies of these games, like in SMB's case.

I'll save my Child's Play money for whenever Tested does another Octobercast. Presumably in October.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By MetalBaofu

Agreed...this bundle is great. I already own Super Meat Boy on Xbox and Shank on PS3, but no way I could pass up getting Cave Story, Bit Trip, and Jamestown.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Shank is a terrible game. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Belf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Belf

You can still totally get the soundtracks if you already bought it: They always let you get the stuff they throw in if you bought it beforehand.

Great deal. Played through NightSky and enjoyed it a great deal, and am working through the much harder alternate mode, now. :)

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MetalBaofu

@dudeglove said:

godammit they've just thrown in the soundtracks too, and I bought it, like, the day or so before that :(

You should still be able to DL the soundtracks. I did. I got an email about the soundtracks being added, and saying that if I had already bought the bundled to go to my download page.

Just follow the link to the download page from the email they sent when you bought the bundle and where it says "choose platform" click the "soundtracks" button, then download away.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@dudeglove said:

godammit they've just thrown in the soundtracks too, and I bought it, like, the day or so before that :(

If you've already bought it you can still get the soundtracks. Go to your download page via the email they sent when you bought it (it should say something like "here's your unique humble URL"), then for platform select soundtracks.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I paid $10 and feel pretty bad about it. How do people sleep at night paying $1 for something like this? That's just really horrible.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MetalBaofu

@WinterSnowblind said:

I paid $10 and feel pretty bad about it. How do people sleep at night paying $1 for something like this? That's just really horrible.

No one should feel any worse than when they buy some game for 2 bucks during a Steam sale, meaning you should feel fine. The people involved in these pay what you want bundles know what they are doing and know that some people are going to pay what they can afford, some are going to pay as little as possible, and some are going to pay crazy high amounts. If they didn't want those one dollar purchases, then they would force some kind of minimum amount instead of the pay what you want thing.

Feeling horrible because I bought something that was basically put sale for a limited time makes no sense to me.