The next 2 months of games, what am I missing?

• 57 results
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says
  1. Rage- Oct 4 2011- a post apocalyptic shooter from id software
  2. Forza 4- Oct 11 2011- an xbox exclusive simulation racer from turn 10 studios
  3. Batman Arkham City- Oct 18 2011- sequel to one of 2009 best games from Rocksteady
  4. Battlefield 3- Oct 25 2011- a modern military shooter with emphasis on multiplayer
  5. Uncharted 3- Nov 1 2011?- sequel to uncharted 2
  6. MW3- Nov 8 2011- the conclusion to Makarov's story?
  7. ESV: Skyrim- Nov 11 2011- a game that will rape your face with awesomeness over and over and over again
  8. Saint's Row the Third- Nov 15 2011?- Possible best surprise of the year, possible piece of garbage
  9. Halo CE Anniversary- Nov 15 2011- Remake (and one they actually put time into *cough*RE4*cough*) of Halo CE form 2001
  10. Assassin's Creed Revelations- Nov 15 2011- The conclusion to Ezio's story and to this trilogy-within-a-trilogy bullshit
  11. NFS The Run- Nov 15 2011- Possible amazing racer or just another lame NFS game.

So there it is, the rest of the games I'm supposed to buy in 2011 but I feel like I forgot some stuff, especially in December. 2012 will have even more crazy like Mass Effect 3 and Far Cry but that's another story.

There are 4 of these that are games I will purchase without excuse, numbers 2, 7, 9 and 10. I will probably crack and get 9 and 10 on the same day and drop 100+ dollars on November 15. I hope Best Buy has a promotion where if you buy all 4 new releases on Nov 15 you get a discount or a gift or some shit. A lot of these games had me excited but as release day nears I lose interest and start questioning stuff. Like do I really want to sit through 30 hours of the post apocalypse without having any story motivation? Do I really want to drop 60 dollars on shooters where I'll only play the campaign? And where's GTA5?

What's up with you GB community? Are any of you getting all these? Are you only getting Skyrim? What's the word? What did I forget? Are you going to criticize me for omitting Dark Souls? Are you going to flame me for forgetting that MMO from Bioware?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

Only games I am interested in for the rest of the year are Batman and Saint's Row, both based on their last incarnations surprising me with fun.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Spence_5060

i am totally interested in skyrim, batman arkham city, and saints row the third. All single player gold mines. Also interested in Battlefield 3 with the multiplayer.

Grummz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Grummz
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zombie2011

Gears 3 and Skyrim is all i need, however i probably get Forza 4 and Halo too.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Cincaid

I have Dark Souls, Rage and Skyrim preordered! Will most likely keep me entertained for the rest of the year, money is somewhat tight right now. Got a ton of older, unopened, games to play as well if need be, though I doubt it.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Master_Funk

Uncharted 3, Batman, Skyrim and Assassins creed are all i care about. So close yet so far

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By jimi

Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Dark Souls are all day 1 for me, the rest I will wait to be in a sale! :)

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By tearhead

Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Assasin's Creed: Revelations, Skyrim. Oh my God! I need to get money, FAST!

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GeekDown

Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3 and AC: Revelations are the ones that I'll be buying on day one. Skyrim and Battlefield 3 will have to wait.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Tearhead said:

Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Assasin's Creed: Revelations, Skyrim. Oh my God! I need to get money, FAST!

same realization struck me, but then I looked under the cap of this blue bubblegum jones soda and it said I will come into money. That means I will either get some money or start some weird fetish where I masturbate and jizz into piles of money.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Only getting Dark Souls, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Modern Warfare 3. I'll easily be able to finish all of the other games (except for Skyrim) by renting them.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Doctorchimp

Dark Souls is coming Tuesday from Amazon.

Batman...I'll get it whenever it comes out on PC

Skyrim

Battlefield 3, after hearing things and playing the beta...I'm back on the fence. It's a skip at this point. Maybe when I'm supposed to be playing this I'll buy Rage. Or just buy nothing...

Uncharted 3

My roommate's getting Zelda, I'll probably play that.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dillonwerner

Stronghold 3 motherfucker.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find your lack of Dark Souls disturbing.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Zacagawea said:

I find your love of Dark Souls disturbing.

Sanaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Sanaj

@Vinny_Says: Batman: Arkham City is being made by Rocksteady Studios.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By strainedeyes

@Vinny_Says said:

@Zacagawea said:

Vinny wouldn't say that.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tan

You forgot Skyward Sword. :D

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By greennoodles

@Vinny_Says said:

Saint's Row the Third- Nov 15 2011?- Possible best surprise of the year, possible piece of garbage

Wait, why would anyone think that the third in a series of well received games could be a surprise? Or garbage for that matter?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says

@greennoodles said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Saint's Row the Third- Nov 15 2011?- Possible best surprise of the year, possible piece of garbage

Wait, why would anyone think that the third in a series of well received games could be a surprise? Or garbage for that matter?

Wrestling moves on pedestrians, shooting dudes WHILE FLYING THROUGH A FLYING AIRPLANE, dildos, terrible voice acting, no story, VTOLS in the city, clown cannons, bad UI, terrible controls, purple stuff.

Any of these reasons can swing a person's opinion in one direction or another.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

@Geo7877 said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@Zacagawea said:

Vinny wouldn't say that.

Vinny would start a bonfire and tell creepy ghost stories

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Enigma777

Batman, Uncharted, Halo, AssRev. 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McShank

@Vinny_Says: no dark souls? Sacrilege! I am probably going to get most of those sometime in the coming months but I cant be buying every game that comes out without beating at least a few of them.. Still have to finish witcher 2, deus ex:Human, arkham asylum, borderlands and actually start ME 1 and 2 : /

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By CptChiken

Going to buy skyrim and darksouls in the holiday. Didnt bring my xbox to uni with me so will have to wait until then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't understand how ANYONE can be excited about Halo: CE.

It's not even a true remake. It's just a crappy "Reach" graphics update that insults the original game. The devs were too lazy and stupid to bring back the engine that everyone fell in love with.

I don't remember being able to assassinate elites or fly with jetpacks in the original...

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluffyZombeh

I'd say Dark Souls (Which I can't wait to play). UMvC3, Skyrim, Skyward Sword. Also some other things I really can't think of right now.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By FancySoapsMan

The only game I know I'm getting for sure is Dark Souls. Will probably get Skyrim as well.

If Nintendo decides to localize Xenoblade Chronicles though, I might just get a Wii instead.

Then there are only two games I want for the rest of the year, Corpse Party and Grand Knights History.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By James_ex_machina

Personally I think we are in for one hell of a gaming season.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PeasantAbuse
@Athadam said:

It's not even a true remake. It's just a crappy "Reach" graphics update that insults the original game. The devs were too lazy and stupid to bring back the engine that everyone fell in love with.

I don't remember being able to assassinate elites or fly with jetpacks in the original...

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they didn't change anything at all in the campaign except for the graphics.  However, the multiplayer is basically a Reach map pack with the CE maps.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By TehFlan

I'll be getting Skyward Sword and probably Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Super Mario 3D Land. Anything other than that will probably happen during Steam sales.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrKlorox

For now it's just Battlefield and pc upgrades. I hope I can survive the post launch Skyrim hype; though if the New Vegas hype was any indicator, I kind of doubt I will. Then again having just experienced the melee combat in Dead Island, it would be like going back to Goldeneye controls after playing Quake.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By efman

I've been certainly excited about most of the exclusives that has, or are on tap for this year, but the one I'm definately psyched for outside of the slate of games on the list you cited, would probably be Rayman Origins. There's so much charm and character to all the trailers that have been released leading up to now. Judging from the trailers I already can tell that they've got the art down pat, now it's just a matter of hoping that the level design and the flow of the platforming comes together in a way that a game of this calibre calls for.
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DAFTPUNK

if only mass effect 3 was on there that would be crazy for the goty bombcast edition holy shit! batman vs drake vs Shepard vs skyrim!

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By tourgen

Skyrm and Gears is all I need for the rest of the year.

I wanted Dark Souls too but those bastards at Namco are suing CD Project Red so they can all burn. I won't buy their stuff anymore. Have to wait for a rental or used copy.

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By greennoodles

@Vinny_Says said:

@greennoodles said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Wrestling moves on pedestrians, shooting dudes WHILE FLYING THROUGH A FLYING AIRPLANE, dildos, terrible voice acting, no story, VTOLS in the city, clown cannons, bad UI, terrible controls, purple stuff.

Any of these reasons can swing a person's opinion in one direction or another.

Guess it's a matter of taste because all of these things sound wonderful to me. And there is a story in Saints Row, it's over the top and insane, but it exists.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By Seppli

Dark Souls - if I'd be willing to take the time for it right now, it'd be the top of my list. Hallas - I'm doing RAGE and Battlefield 3 in October and I don't really expect to play any other big hitters 'til SW:TOR. Guess it will be Spring before I'm gonna go into Dark Souls, Batman, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim.

I might do NFS : The Run and SSX on their respective launchday regardless. Two pure joy games I can easily set aside and pick back up again every so often.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Vextroid

It's all Batman, Battlefield 3, SR3, Dead Rising 2 OTR and MGS:HD for me.

I need money now...

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By peacebrother

@Master_Funk said:

Uncharted 3, Batman, Skyrim and Assassins creed are all i care about. So close yet so far

This.

Although once Skyrim is in my 360, it's not coming out. For a long time. So I don't know if I'm going to get to anything else.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#40  Edited By BeachThunder

Only things I have any real interest in are Rage, Professor Layton 4 and Jurassic Park.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Bwast

Dark Souls, Rage and Skyrim are all I'm getting. This is going to be the first time ever that I'll buy 2 new release games on the same day. Mark your calendars.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexW00d

Dark Souls will be here Friday, then it's BF3, then Skyrim, then Batman, whenever the fuck that shows it's head. I'll probably get Saints Row 3 at some point, depending on how fucked up they make the PC port.

I don't really give a fuck about any of the other games you posted.

I might get Stronghold 3 when that's out. Maybe Serious Sam BFE too.

nasekas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nasekas

@Grummz said:

I'm particular to Firefall. But that's just my bias. :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/firefall/61-32580/

I was gonna mention that as well. Good work on the wiki btw. In addition to that, Dark Souls and BF3 will most likely consume my holiday gaming and am actually glad some other releases I was looking forward to got pushed back. I miss just focusing my fun into one game like TF2.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shinigami420

@tourgen said:

Skyrm and Gears is all I need for the rest of the year.

I wanted Dark Souls too but those bastards at Namco are suing CD Project Red so they can all burn. I won't buy their stuff anymore. Have to wait for a rental or used copy.

First off Bandai has every right to sue CD Projekt (From software has nothing to do with that)

Second bethesda is suing mojang a much much MUCH smaller developer and for something extreamly dumb

Third dont be a fucking pussy ass bitch leecher

You can burn atleast bandai has more class than some asshole leecher that bitch about stuff he dont understand

Go play your broken ass open world game with mediocre combat and your generic 3rd person dude bro shooter

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Athadam said:

None of those things are in the campaign, and it doesn't use Reach graphics. If you want shitty remakes look at the PS3 remakes of Splinter Cell.

They remade the graphics, not just HD-ify them and even included the old engine just for funsies. You can criticize it but don't go around calling it a fake crappy remake....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vinny_Says said:

@Athadam said:

None of those things are in the campaign, and it doesn't use Reach graphics. If you want shitty remakes look at the PS3 remakes of Splinter Cell.

They remade the graphics, not just HD-ify them and even included the old engine just for funsies. You can criticize it but don't go around calling it a fake crappy remake....

Remake the old engine? Really?

Prove that they put this in the campaign and multiplayer and I'll probably get it.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#47  Edited By donutfever

Super Mario 3D Land.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Ravenlight

My question is how are you going to find the time to play so many awesome games? Skyrim alone will be like having a second job.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm going to buy Dark Souls, and then my brother's probably going to buy Battlefield 3 and Arkham City. Other than that I don't know and don't really care.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RobotHamster

From that list I'm only interested in seven, and from that I'm only getting Uncharted because I can't afford anything else. And even that I can't afford I'm using Amazon credit to buy it.