• 54 results
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14820 posts) -

- New Release Games look pretty grim for the next month or so

-Ryan is getting married in 2 weeks

-Patrick is leaving the office soon

I hope y'all like Dota cause its going to be a rough month or so on the site outside of brad feeding his daily obsession for dota. On the bright side I've got a ton of the E3 stuff that I've not touched yet.

#2 Edited by Meltac (2002 posts) -

Good thing that I have a nearly untouched copy of Deadly Premonition lying around, that I am going to dive into, after I'm completely done with The Last of Us then.

#3 Posted by Jayzilla (2561 posts) -

it's just time to get off the internet and dive into the backlog.

#4 Edited by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about new game releases for some reason.

Well, I also haven't watched almost any of the E3 videos, so GB still has content to keep me busy.

#5 Posted by PatODay (217 posts) -

Plus, Ryan and Jeff going to PAX Australia in July.

#6 Posted by Krataur (358 posts) -

I haven't had a chance to watch much of their E3 content, or listen to any of the E3 podcasts.

And for games, I've got The Last of Us to finish, then Civ V: BNW and MGS: Legacy Collection on July 9th (plus the Steam Sale sometime around then).

Yeah, I'll be fine.

#7 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Give vinny the keys to do some impromptu livestreaming.

to "test the new gear" of course!

Also remember their gear got stolen at E3, so I dont know the status of that. Hopefully it was insured and they can get it back, or CBSi hooks them up or something.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14820 posts) -

Give vinny the keys to do some impromptu livestreaming.

to "test the new gear" of course!

Also remember their gear got stolen at E3, so I dont know the status of that. Hopefully it was insured and they can get it back, or CBSi hooks them up or something.

Yes yes. More Vinny and Drew partnering up for great content! Also lets hope Daily Dark Souls could be a thing over the summer.

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

Either that or they trick Dave into coming back in and record a bunch of stupid stuff.

In all seriousness, I'm not worried. They'll find something dumb to do. And by they, I mean Vinny.

#10 Edited by Excast (935 posts) -

Plus with a lot of the gear being stolen you have to wonder if it is going to take a bit of time to get back up to speed.

#11 Posted by SunBroZak (1113 posts) -

Good thing I just discovered this place not long ago. I've only just reached 2010's content so there's a tonne of Bombcasts and Quick Looks to go. Time to no-life this summer. :D

#12 Posted by Gazaar (11 posts) -

@excast said:

Plus with a lot of the gear being stolen you have to wonder if it is going to take a bit of time to get back up to speed.

They've already done livestreams without any of that gear, they don't need any of what was taken to load up old shitty pc games.

#13 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1583 posts) -

I have faith Drew and Vinny will keep us all laughing.

#14 Posted by bemusedchunk (692 posts) -

Teenage wasteland....

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Good thing there's still a fuck ton of games coming out and in my backlog waiting to get played then

#16 Edited by gike987 (1754 posts) -

There are at least one new releases almost every week. Company of Heroes 2 (next week), Shadowrun Returns (probably in two weeks), Civilization V expansion (three weeks), the Rise of the Triads remake (sometimes this summer but probably 1-4 weeks).

I don't know if anyone likes Company of Heroes but it's a big release. Shadowrun Returns is the first big Kickstarter game an they have talked a lot about those having to prove themselves so they should proably play it. I remember them liking Civ V so they should at least find time to review it. Jeff talked about Rise of the Triads on some Unprofessional Friday.

#17 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Play the game.

#18 Posted by MOAB (375 posts) -

some really entertaining stuff comes from a lack of games to cover. i'm sure they'll manage just fine.

#19 Posted by Ares42 (2661 posts) -

It's summer.. remember when they tried doing farmville content ? ye, it was during summer.

#20 Edited by Excast (935 posts) -

@gazaar said:

@excast said:

They've already done livestreams without any of that gear, they don't need any of what was taken to load up old shitty pc games.

That stuff was mostly borrowed though.

#21 Posted by GaspoweR (3017 posts) -

@demoskinos: Well, yeah I do like Dota in fact... There's just a lot of people who are

Good thing I just discovered this place not long ago. I've only just reached 2010's content so there's a tonne of Bombcasts and Quick Looks to go. Time to no-life this summer. :D

Even more content if you got a premium sub. There's the weekly Happy Hour videos back in the Whiskey Days to go through.

#22 Edited by afabs515 (1054 posts) -

While I'm upset about this, I have like 10 games on backlog right now, so maybe it's time to take a break from the Internet...

Hopefully Vinny will do a lot of cool videos in the meantime.

#23 Posted by Itwongo (1193 posts) -

Throwbacks throwbacks throwbacks quick look throwbacks. Please?

#25 Posted by MentalDisruption (1632 posts) -

Maybe Rorie will do something to entertain us with his stream? Either way, I have plenty of games on my backlog to keep me busy, so I'm not too worried about sparse content.

#26 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Well its summer. Thats how it is every time. Also I sure love me some dota.

#27 Posted by Scroll (598 posts) -

Isn't this a great opportunity to do dumb stuff that doesn't necessarily involve new games?

Either way I'm going to be occupying a hell of a lot of time playing my back log and playing The Last of Us MP.

#28 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I only want to see a quicklook of The new Larry game, Shadowrun and if possible FFXIV XD

Also some nice classic games but be fine too for premium content.

#29 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Perfect time for an Enduran...

#30 Edited by AndrewB (7609 posts) -

Endurance Run: Agricultural Simulator 2013.

Or!

Endurance Run: Vinny.

#31 Edited by development (2308 posts) -

I think you're onto something.

#32 Edited by Pie (7095 posts) -

They should really do some kind of retrospective on this console generation. Maybe go back and play a bunch of launch games from 360/PS3 or maybe do some Game of the generation type awards (I think that sounds kinda dumb to be fair). Either some marathon livestreams of them all playing notable/ launch games from this generation or some of that super well produced GOTY type content would be awesome.

#33 Edited by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -

Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota! Daily Dota!

Brad should play Dota all workday long! Maybe once every so often he can stop to work in a Bradley May Cry or something.

#34 Edited by Nardak (493 posts) -

I actually have no shortage of games at the moment. Finally bought a PS3 as I wanted to play the last of us.

So after I have finished that one I plan to get the uncharted series, the killzone series, resistance series, infamous series and so on.

#35 Posted by Pr1mus (3902 posts) -

It's been a while since Vinny played some Sleeping Dogs. Now's the time to get back at it.

#36 Edited by Beforet (2921 posts) -

So Dota is just how Jeff is controlling Brad and keeping him in check, right? If he don't go out and make Jeff that paper, he don't get to jungle.

#37 Edited by Solh0und (1772 posts) -

Forget content. It's going to be a wasteland for games.

#38 Posted by pweidman (2333 posts) -

Well CoH2 is dropping on the 25th so they should set something up and have Greg K. over to play it live w/whoever else digs CoH. New modes sound pretty cool btw.

#39 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Well, it's summer, these things happen. In fact, Ryan and Patrick have probably picked the perfect time to do this stuff really. Assuming Ryan takes a few weeks off they can still do a three-man podcast , and failing that they could get Drew or Matt on the show, even Dave perhaps. Plus there's a bunch of Gamespot staffers on the same floor. They'll get by.

#40 Edited by planetary (348 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Perfect time for an Enduran...

The Daily Dota is an Endurance Run!

#41 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#42 Edited by BeachThunder (11922 posts) -

Vinny plays Wasteland. You heard it here first!

#43 Posted by Joey_Connell (56 posts) -

The true answer is Vinny + Rorie + Daily Dark Souls = Everybody Wins.

#44 Posted by planetary (348 posts) -
#45 Posted by BBAlpert (1468 posts) -

First off, welcome to the site, duder! Second, be sure to check out the Endurance Runs. Queue up a few entries of the Persona 4 ER, make some popcorn, and you're good to go.

#46 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

I hope y'all like Dota

I don't like Dota 2 the game, but I love Dota 2 the content (aka The Daily Dota). I've been missing it so fucking much this past week. I'm so glad it's coming back in a few minutes! :D

#47 Edited by NegativeCero (3000 posts) -

I'm hoping @rorie will get a do more of his Dark Souls streams because I'm not interested in Brad's thing. Watching him play honestly got me back into the game. Just killed the 4 Kings with some tips from the chat during the streams.

#49 Edited by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Apart from people being out of office as explained in the OP, I never understood why GB has these summer draughts of content. Last summer in a lot of ILMs they were like "Well, no games are coming out, so I don't know..."

They have content concepts like the QL throwback and the 'stamina dash' that are perfectly suited to the summer months. Here's to hoping we get a lot of that this summer!

#50 Posted by BaneFireLord (2933 posts) -

Well, it'll give me a chance to finally work my way through all the Endurance Runs. Been here coming on 4 years and have only gotten about halfway through the Persona 4 one.