#1 Edited by Baillie (3955 posts) -

Endurance Run #3 - Chrono Trigger (SNES) by Ryan Davis & Patrick Klepek

1. Part 01 - 28th November 2011
  2. Part 02 - 29th November 2011 (?)

I will keep this updated with links to each episode, and perhaps a link to download the episode too. :)

---------------------------

I will also be trying to make breakdowns of each episode so, if the game goes on long enough, people who want to see a specific part in the future, they can reference here, or most likely my blog.

Anyway, let's get hyped.

#2 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

*yawn*

#3 Posted by punkxblaze (2877 posts) -

Cool, I guess.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Damn, you're fast.

#5 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

That sucks.

#6 Edited by Matthew (1910 posts) -

Never played it, hear great things about it, pretty interested in it. This is going to be the first ER I'm interested in. Consider my interest caught.

@Baillie: They're going to be starting before the end of the year.

#7 Posted by supertuna (63 posts) -

My favorite JRPG of all time. Fucking classic.

#8 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I'm thrilled because it's so awesome, I'm a bit sad it won't be some weird niche game.

#9 Posted by OtakuGamer (1182 posts) -

Err...Horray?

#10 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

@Milkman: Haha, good timing really. I am kind of excited to see this, so much happier than I would have been if it was another game like Deadly Premonition, that was like watching paint dry.

#11 Edited by Venatio (4485 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

*yawn*

This^^ Loved the previous ones, can't feel the excitement here, never played Chrono Trigger or even looked at it but it's soooo old

Also, I really like Patrick but I'm seriously dissapointed that it's him and Ryan, was really hoping for Ryan/Vinny since I know Jeff despises the idea of doing another ER. Well atleast I was prepared to be dissapointed

#12 Posted by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

I have no interest in watching such an old game. Nor am I particularly happy with the combination of Ryan/Pat. Not because I dislike either of them. I just want me some Jeff and/or Vinny. So disappointed and sad right now!

#13 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Shenmue.

#14 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

I was expecting something more recent.

#15 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -

Who's going to play it?

#16 Posted by Marokai (2636 posts) -

Depressing, because it's an old game that isn't terribly long with Ryan and Patrick. Frustrated, because it'll take ages now to get an Endurance Run proper.

#17 Posted by StrainedEyes (1310 posts) -

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Who's going to play it?

Ryan and Patrick.

#18 Posted by CatsAkimbo (583 posts) -

At least i'll save a lot of bandwidth by watching this on the lowest quality and not missing anything from a low resolution!

#19 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

*Fart noise*

#20 Posted by EuanDewar (4509 posts) -

OH FUCKING LOL, Brad posted this on twitter and I thought nothing of it at the time. Motherfucker was leaving clues.

bradshoemaker Brad Shoemaker

You wouldn't think a 20-year-old SNES controller could endure another press of the A button, but I guess they built those things to last.

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#21 Posted by DonChipotle (2655 posts) -

Dumb game. But I'll watch it I guess. But man I do not like Chrono Trigger at all.

#22 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

@Geo7877 said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Who's going to play it?

Ryan and Patrick.

No vinny and jeff? That really sucks.

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

Super bummed out. But hey, other people will find it interesting, so that's good. Oh well.

#24 Posted by The_LMFAO_Guy (192 posts) -
@Geo7877 said:

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Who's going to play it?

Ryan and Patrick.

Patrick. . . . .?
#25 Posted by supermike6 (3523 posts) -

Don't want to complain, but this is kind of disappointing. I'm sure it'll be really really great, but I think I over-hyped it for myself.

STILL EXCITE. MORE GIANTBOMB CONTENT = MORE AWESOME.

#26 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Why are all the Chrono Trigger ER posts getting locked?

#27 Posted by _Horde (838 posts) -

This is gonna be awesome.

#28 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19155 posts) -

I don't really like Chrono Trigger, but I'll watch it. 

Oh, and Patrick's already played through it... Hm.

#29 Posted by SMTDante89 (2470 posts) -

@The_LMFAO_Guy said:

Who's going to play it?

@Swoxx said:

the combination of Ryan/Pat.

#30 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

@RoujinX said:

Why are all the Chrono Trigger ER posts getting locked?

redundancy

#31 Posted by Hailinel (22708 posts) -

Fuck yeah!

#32 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

It's cool with me. I just like watching Giant Bomb do their thing, even if it's a game I'm not terribly interested in.

#33 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

Also... Should've been Shenmue.

#34 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

OH WOW

i mean fucking cool, i loved Chrono trigger, even though i never completed it before. This gives me a chance to see the ending witthout actually playing it myelf.

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

Chrono Trigger and one of them has already played through it?

Meh.

#36 Posted by hidys (1028 posts) -

when will it start?

#37 Posted by MiniPato (2657 posts) -

If you thought the people complaining in the P4 endurance run were bad! Wait till you see people complaining about how they play Chrono Trigger wrong. That is unless they played this before. They wouldn't do an ER of this unless they haven't played it right?

#38 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

Chrono Trigger is short too.

#39 Posted by AndrewB (7190 posts) -

Ehhh... but sure, whatever. Any content is good content. I'm the 1% that didn't like Chrono Trigger very much, but I came in on it way late so that's not really fair.

#40 Posted by mpgeist (578 posts) -

Was excited about Chrono Trigger, became unexcited that it's got Patrick. I can only take so much of that guy.

#41 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

During the SNES Party, I'd thought Chrono Trigger would be a good pick. I like both Patrick and Ryan, and I think they could be a great team. I'm excited!

#42 Posted by 71Ranchero (2580 posts) -

Im pretty disappointed with this announcement. Patrick is the worst of the core guys in video content so thats going to bring it down. I also kind of dont understand why they went with a classic game rather then a poor/cult game.

#43 Posted by TwoGunsABlazin (47 posts) -

Glad they're doing a new endurance run but pretty disappointed Vinny and Jeff will not be participating in it...

#44 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Should have been Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Conquest with Patrick having to play as Dixie while having Kesslar sit on his face.

#45 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Chrono Trigger and one of them has already played through it?

Meh.

What? One of this has played through it? God damn. I'd rather they just waited until they really want to do one, and do one proper. I don't care if it's three years from now. Playing a short, relatively unquirky, well known game that one of them has already played is just.....meh.

#46 Posted by JoeyRavn (4886 posts) -

I... don't feel anything for or against this. More GB videos is always good, though.

#47 Posted by cadwr (45 posts) -

Looking forward to this. I think the Ryan/Patrick combo will work well, and even though I've already played through CT plenty of times, I think it will still be interesting to watch someone else play through it.

#48 Posted by nickux (1378 posts) -

I am in the live chat for the Tested Podcast and people are losing their fucking minds. So much anger, it's stunning!

#49 Posted by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -

I will watch it. That is all.

#50 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Not to be that whiny internet guy or anything but, I am fine with whatever combo really, I don't really care what game it is either, but if someone has played through it once before then I can't help but feel that they are missing the point of the entire thing.