#1 Edited by MB (11895 posts) -

Let's keep all discussion centralized into one thread, guys.  Starting....NOW!  You can also post bugs related to the redesign in this thread if you want.

Here is a collection of questions and answers that people have been asking about the redesign. If you have any questions not on this list, be sure to ask!

GB Re-design Mini FAQ - What/Where/How...?

Q: How do I delete images in my image gallery?
A: Go to your images, on the top right-hand corner select "edit page," a drop down menu will appear. Select the image you want to delete and drag it to the "Remove Image" icon. 

Q: What happened to the top 10 list, showing the most popular pages, top editors for the day and pages that needed help?
A: Temporarily removed, but it will be back up soon.

Q: Where can I view my entire friend network list?
A: Click on "Friends," but don't select anything in the drop down box, just click on friends. It will bring you to this page: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/network/

Q: How do I view my pending submissions?
A: Replace "Your-Username" with your GB account name: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/wikid/

Q: How do I view my pending images?
A: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/wikid/images/

Q: What are the dimensions for background images on profiles?
A: See this thread:  http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/profile-background-template/232126/#32

Q: Will there be a white version of the site?
A: Yes, it is in the works.

Q: What happened to the "friends activity" tab on our profiles?
A: Removed temporarily. Will be added soon.

Q: Will there be a search function for Guides?
A: Yes, the guide section and the tools for creating guides will be upgraded soon.

#2 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

If sexy could be defined in a website, this might just be it. Really like the red / yellow on black colour scheme.

Also MB you beat me :(

#3 Edited by JJOR64 (18891 posts) -

Love it.  Nice work.  :-)

#4 Posted by jarryd (254 posts) -

are we posting new suggestions etc in here

#5 Posted by Steven (247 posts) -

WOOO!!  Shiny new website!!

#6 Edited by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

I can't easily see friends blogs anymore, but pretty awesome otherwise. XD

EDIT: Nevermind, on the front page now. No more complaints, just slightly strange. =p

#7 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Fuck yeah, look great guys.

#8 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

WOW! I'm impressed! I'm totally digging it, and the funny thing is, most times I find myself really disliking redesigns on most the sites I visit frequently, but here, nope, good job!

First thing I noticed was that it definitely looks much more accessible to new visitors too. 
#9 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

oh one thing though, there seems to be something wrong with the logo....Its clipping or whatever and looks like it was left over from the old (like 5 minutes old) site. update that thing and this new site is official. 

#10 Edited by KamasamaK (2407 posts) -

Some of the text is difficult to read now. Pretty much everything colored like the "Posted X minutes ago" doesn't stand out as much, which includes the "Topic started by..." part.

#11 Posted by Andrew (125 posts) -

Site is pretty rad! Great Job @enemykite and everyone else involved!!!

#12 Posted by Brad (2870 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"oh one thing though, there seems to be something wrong with the logo....Its clipping or whatever and looks like it was left over from the old (like 5 minutes old) site. update that thing and this new site is official. "

Do a hard refresh, that'll roll it over to the new design.
Staff
#13 Posted by Kilzombie (407 posts) -

I like the new look, its cool.

#14 Posted by Terra1909 (312 posts) -

Purty

#15 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

Great redesign; I don't think I'll be able to particularly contribute anything original, so I'll avoid those cliches.

I do have one question, though: What's the official resolution for the profile banner? I ask because I've got Photoshop opened up right now and I want to make a large enough image that won't result in tiling.
#16 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Well done  , It is fabulous . I am a real admirer of  Giant Bomb staff's work .

#17 Posted by Tomzombie (396 posts) -

then new sight design is awesome

#18 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

I don't like it. I thought it was perfect when it started up and this redesign has made things harder to read, harder to find and I don't like the layout. It's gone the same way as the Gamespot redesign. :(

#19 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Very nice work guys, really liking it! There are a few things I would suggest, but I know it's all a matter of time before it's sorted out. :)

#20 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Not digging it as much as I thought I would. Not too keen on the ultra dark post boxes, and the site generally looks darker. Too dark for my liking. I also agree that come text is too dark, making it hard to read.

And wow, the GB crew weren't lying about the Bombcast page looking awesome.
#21 Posted by AztecOmar (72 posts) -

Wallpapers on user's pages don't display right - they split into two parts, and look crap... Besides that, however, the site looks great! really good job guys!

#22 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

Also, the old format was kinder to widescreen monitors, now there's just a lot of blank space. Also, the list of friend's blogs and friend's status' has gone and those were the only things I used on my profile! I really don't like this redesign, as much as I love the site.

#23 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
Pepsiman said:
"Great redesign; I don't think I'll be able to particularly contribute anything original, so I'll avoid those cliches.

I do have one question, though: What's the official resolution for the profile banner? I ask because I've got Photoshop opened up right now and I want to make a large enough image that won't result in tiling.
"
They seem to have some sort of odd scaler in place. For instance I uploaded a 1200 pixel wide image, which is my resolution, but it tiles a tiny bit before each edge...
#24 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
coffeesash said:
"Also, the old format was kinder to widescreen monitors, now there's just a lot of blank space. Also, the list of friend's blogs and friend's status' has gone and those were the only things I used on my profile! I really don't like this redesign, as much as I love the site.
"
That's all on the home page.
#25 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
Brad said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"oh one thing though, there seems to be something wrong with the logo....Its clipping or whatever and looks like it was left over from the old (like 5 minutes old) site. update that thing and this new site is official. "

Do a hard refresh, that'll roll it over to the new design.
"
bada bing! wasn't a big deal but it just stood out like a sore thumb. So yeah, I'm liking it, and I think it is definitely more accessible to new users, especially with that new fancy flash thing on the front page. 
#26 Posted by Guardian (318 posts) -

I like it. Well-done. 

#27 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

'tis awesomeness digitalized.

#28 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

Oh... that's really weird. Can we change the colours on the site? White and Yellow on Grey is really hurting my eyes trying to read stuff, apart from looking horrible. It even starts to flare after a while, it can't be good for you reading it.

#29 Posted by artofwar420 (6249 posts) -

Profile backgrounds are a bit wonky. But I love the new design. It's amazing.

#30 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Not a big fan of the greyness background in the left column. And everything is small. And you kinda ripped off xbox.com (but it's a great interface so who cares!)

But other than that, a nice re-align! Good stuff!!
#31 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

The 10 lines of who edited the pages that is under the pictures for each game page looks really messy and unneccessary, especially on pages that don't have a lot of their own text. The fact that they're in blue and red too makes it clash with the green and yellow text already there. Too many primary and secondary colours!

#32 Posted by Ziriux (33 posts) -
MB said:
"Let's keep all discussion centralized into one thread, guys.  Starting....NOW!  You can also post bugs related to the redesign in this thread if you want.
"
Looks like I picked a good day yesterday to join this site.  Guys this is a very slick looking site, keep doing a great job.
#33 Edited by Asurastrike (2157 posts) -

The front page looks very messy if you scroll down.

#34 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

The text is a lil small but other than that its amazing.

#35 Edited by KingOfIceland (653 posts) -

Text colour (yes I put a U in there) is the biggest offender currently, but the general look and speed of the site more than make up for it.

EDIT: Stuff's not shown as related to videos (e.g. Persona 4 is related to the endurance run vidjas)

#36 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

I'm diggin' the new front page. GG guys :)

#37 Edited by jj984jj (242 posts) -

It looks great and everything loads faster now. :)

I don't like that recent activity box smack-dab in the middle of every game page now though.

#38 Edited by KnightsofRound (486 posts) -

Get rid of the yellow, ugh.

EDIT: Don't want to be too negative, so I'll say it looks alright.  But to be honest I liked the simplicity of the white text on dark background of the old look.  Now it's like a bunch of random fluorescent colours on dark which doesn't look good to me.  Looks too much like GameSpot now tbh, and I really don't like the way GameSpot looks.

#39 Posted by JordanNE (32 posts) -

I was really hoping you guys would finally have .mp4 downloads for you videos or better yet, an RSS feed that can be put into the Zune application or iTunes.

Ah well... Maybe next time.

#40 Posted by coffeesash (347 posts) -

Now I see what you're doing with the 8 last content updates to the page... but I think it's still too big and cluttered being at the top-middle of the screen, could do with being at the bottom or the side. The summary and main text of the page needs to go first as that's what people actually go to the page to read.

#41 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I love it, it makes the forums seem more welcome.

#42 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
coffeesash said:
"Oh... that's really weird. Can we change the colours on the site? White and Yellow on Grey is really hurting my eyes trying to read stuff, apart from looking horrible. It even starts to flare after a while, it can't be good for you reading it.
"
Sounds like you are using the white version... which explains the dislike as I didn't even build a white css file properly yet. Just clear your cache / cookies and relogin to use the black version. We're hoping to get a white version out in the next couple weeks.
#43 Posted by Riicochet (94 posts) -

i liked to see what the most popular games in each area (character, concept location) were and top ten and what needed edited etc etc

the new design sort of makes you forget this is a videogame database and makes the site look more like myspace with videogames..

So needless to say, i'm not a fan.

#44 Posted by AztecOmar (72 posts) -
coffeesash said:
"The 10 lines of who edited the pages that is under the pictures for each game page looks really messy and unneccessary, especially on pages that don't have a lot of their own text. The fact that they're in blue and red too makes it clash with the green and yellow text already there. Too many primary and secondary colours!
"
Totally agree dude - really removes the cohesiveness of the articles. Perhaps having it at the bottom of the page, or on a side bar if your trying to draw prominence to it would be smarter.
#45 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

damn this is sexy

im not a fan of change, but giantbomb looks phenomenal!

#46 Posted by zerok (180 posts) -

Very nice :-) I esp. like the new styling of the left menu. Compact == better 

#47 Edited by NoDeath (798 posts) -

I love the new front page. A question though, how do you revert your profile background back to the default plain black colour? I changed it and decided I prefered the original look at least until I can make something custom for it.

#48 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

HUUUUUUUUH???????????????????

WTF HAPPENED???!!!

THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!! WOW!! NICE JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

Looks so......... professional. The other layout looked a little more like a backyard hidden nerd convention. This looks alot more friendly....

I'm even more proud to be a GiantBomb member now!
#49 Posted by elektrixx (308 posts) -

Teh bias confirmed!

#50 Posted by xXRAWxHEATxX (47 posts) -

See CNET. This is what happens when you fire one of your best employees. They end up making a website better than yours.