#151 Posted by zitosilva (1841 posts) -

Oh, I just noted something else. It seems I'm unable to accept or deny wall posts made before the site was upgraded. Am I the only one?

#152 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

SuperMooseman's list of negatives is good. Seems like some of them have been fixed, but for the ones that haven't, they would definitely make the site much better.

#153 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"

Profile Mock-Up

First off, I know the staff have been working very hard on this design and I'm sure they will be tweaking things that will make it better within the next few weeks. I just wanted to get a feel of what some things would look like if they were tweaked.

Current Profile
Mock-Up Profile.

Full Size VIew:

Note: I cropped both images to only show one blog post, since you can probably get the general idea.

Changes made in the mock-up:
  • Removed heading - This will make it so you can see your banner better, I don't really see the need for the heading if all it will say is that you can customize your profile, a reminder to make bug reports could be done on the home page. Customize your profile button is moved to the top. Avatar placement has been changed to be next to the status.
  • Colors - The balance of grays were really just about perfect beforehand, now it seems they are way too dark and actually strain the eyes of the some viewers, I used lighter grays for just about every box area, using the same gray hex code as the previous profile pages, the links have also been changed to yellow. I tried different colors, but yellow seems to be the less straining on the eyes for links. White text was used to replace some of the darker gray text that is hard to read (such as the blog feed, activity, etc links).
  • Friends Blogs - Right side of profile. One of the best ways to find blogs from others was being able to go to someone's profile and seeing one of their friends blogs listed. Having the "friends blog" list only appear on the Homepage really limits how many people will see those blog posts. I think this should be added to the profile, especially since they is plenty of blank space there to fill.
  • Capitalization - In the wiki edits, the first letters are not capitalized, such as "franchise, game concept." I think it would look better if these were capital letters at the beginning.

I also did a tiny mock up of a forum post, with lighter colors, and more readable text:
Mock up (Top). Current (Bottom).

Full view: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/12478/903097-forumpostmockup.png

I'd love to hear others thoughts about this. I know the mock up isn't perfect, I think there's a little too much yellow with all the links, but that's the best color that seemed to work in my opinion.

"
Yup, all of that is better.

I feel like doing my own mock up, particulalry of the Bombcast page, but that's just me.
I'll do a list soon.
#154 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Disgaeamad shouldn't be here...he's supposed to be dead. Oh yea, the redesign is pretty awesome so far, but I think the profile pages could use some tweakage...they seem a bit unorganized at the moment.

#155 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
Kush said:
"Disgaeamad shouldn't be here...he's supposed to be dead. Oh yea, the redesign is pretty awesome so far, but I think the profile pages could use some tweakage...they seem a bit unorganized at the moment.
"
Understatement of the year so far.

Sorry i couldn't resist, but i really find the profile page to be...well...bad.
#156 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

WOOT

#157 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

how can i delete images i've uploaded?

#158 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"how can i delete images i've uploaded?"
Go to your images, then select "edit page" on the top right. Click and hold on the image you want to delete and drag it to the "Remove image" icon.
#159 Edited by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -

Man im impatient, can't wait to see the white site, at least then i can see.

Another thing that's bugging me, i want to see my satus on my profile, at the moment, i have no way of seeing my current status at all! that can be annoying. I haven't synced with Twitter though, probably won't either.

#160 Posted by Sweep (8983 posts) -

Is the user feed time-jacked for anyone else? The order stuff is posted is completely incongruous with the order stuff is displayed. Its a mess out there folks...

#161 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Sweep said:
"Is the user feed time-jacked for anyone else? The order stuff is posted is completely incongruous with the order stuff is displayed. Its a mess out there folks...
"
Snide posted this in the "Problems we're aware of and fixing" thread, I assume it's talking about the feed time being off as well:
  • "Some sorting, display issues with your feeds."
#162 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I...LIKE it. Good job guys.

#163 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

As many other people have suggested, the feed really is far too big, and I believe that the wall should be implemented onto the right hand side of our profiles again.

#164 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Looks much better then before.Great job guys.

#165 Edited by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"I...LIKE it. Good job guys.
"
*Shakes Fist* hehe...he

Disgaeamad
said:
"As many other people have suggested, the feed really is far too big, and I believe that the wall should be implemented onto the right hand side of our profiles again."

This.
#166 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

so anyone got a good size for the background?

#167 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"so anyone got a good size for the background?"
Snide is making a template for backgrounds, it should be up momentarily to let us know the exact dimensions that are good to use.
#168 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

1920x500

#169 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -

Okay fellas, phase one is complete. The friend list stuff is going back to the profile pages, now to phase 2.
Bring the wall back to what it was.

#170 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Actually, why are the boxes for top posters gone from game pages and only on the forum part of the page? That should be on all sections.

#171 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Actually, why are the boxes for top posters gone from game pages and only on the forum part of the page? That should be on all sections. "
I disagree, I think it would be better to show top editors on all wiki pages, if anything. The top poster box has nothing to do with the wiki pages, so I don't understand the necessity for having it there beforehand.
#172 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

On the front page, souldn't the boxes telling you the latest on the site be more visible when you hover over them with the cursor? You know... so you can actually read what it is saying.

#173 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -

On the front page, souldn't the boxes telling you the latest on the site be more visible when you hover over them with the cursor? You know... so you can actually read what it is saying.

#174 Posted by Death_Burnout (3800 posts) -
Tearhead said:
"On the front page, souldn't the boxes telling you the latest on the site be more visible when you hover over them with the cursor? You know... so you can actually read what it is saying.
"
Very True, but they wan't you to click the arrows to do that *sigh*
#175 Posted by MacedoniaMafia (12 posts) -

I preferred the static design, but I guess I'll get used to this one.

#176 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

damm. this looks better. shot out to all who helped get this done. still got to go through the entire site to check it out.

#177 Posted by Crono (2707 posts) -

I like everything about the redesign except these ketchup and mustard buttons... well, now that I think about it, they're delicious;  goes well with the salt and pepper background and font.

Backgrounds are also awesome.  Where will we be able to put pictures next?

#178 Posted by ThomasP (1661 posts) -

Loving the redesign.

#179 Posted by wings (44 posts) -

Everything seems great but there's one major flaw. The dark-grey text on grey background is nearly impossible to read, such as use the left/right buttons message on the front page and the times when status was updated under status updates. Also, need more colors! Like BLUE!

#180 Posted by L (1680 posts) -

I think there should be an option to have the elements transparent a bit (sorta like how you can do on a YouTube profile). That way, it can show more of the background. Currently, it is just grey overlapping it.

#181 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

I am loving the re-design. Great job!

#182 Posted by GHWT395 (9 posts) -

the browse is not on the homepage anymore

#183 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I don't like it yet.

#184 Posted by mussbus999 (321 posts) -

Really great guys!

#185 Edited by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

I want to be able to put my PSN ID and 360 GT in my stats

and how do you change the colors?

#186 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Bring back the guides to the main game pages. Guides are really useful and I liked when they were added to the main game pages, but now they can only be accessed by checking a game's guide page. :(

#187 Posted by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

Ok more surfing and Im generally liking the layout, it just needs some house keeping which is to be expected a little rearranging here and there.

Main issue is still the amount of boxs within more boxs ( makes it busier?) and different greys.

#188 Posted by snake911 (164 posts) -

I like it…I like it…I think it’s a hit…I think I’ll keep enjoying it!

#189 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Bring back the guides to the main game pages. Guides are really useful and I liked when they were added to the main game pages, but now they can only be accessed by checking a game's guide page. :(
"
They are actually in two spots on the game pages, and definitely in more prominent positions.
#190 Edited by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Then I guess I'm going to have to look harder. :D
Ah, I see. It's been moved to the right side. The left side seems a bit barren now compared to the right.

#191 Posted by Dalai (7071 posts) -

Is there any way to add a feature to order energy drinks online through the site?  That would be extremely badass.

#192 Posted by joslop500 (203 posts) -

awesome, i love it

#193 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I love the profiles, they are so much easier to navigate, but I can not see the dark writing on the forum board.

#194 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

So Awesome.

#195 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Love it, looks great. Kudos...uh..."the guys up stairs" lol.

#196 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Looking awesome.

#197 Posted by BothBarsOn (100 posts) -

How long is the "You can now set a background to your profile" message gonna be there for? It's in the way!

#198 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -
  • What happened to "Yesterday's Top Editors" and to "Popular Pages that need help"?!

• And why can't you browse though categories anymore? Like games, characters, concepts, and see which was more popular?

• You've removed tons of great stuff from the homepage just to add friend list stuff which already is in the profiles and to add that stupid dashboard!

• And the wall format should be optional: "Tabbed, on the same place as the feed" or "Old format, on the right side of the page".
#199 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
Snail said:
"
  • What happened to "Yesterday's Top Editors" and to "Popular Pages that need help"?!
  • And why can't you browse though categories anymore? Like games, characters, concepts, and see which was more popular?
  • You've removed tons of great stuff from the homepage just to add friend list stuff which already is in the profiles and to add that stupid dashboard!
  • And the wall format should be optional: "Tabbed, on the same place as the feed" or "Old format, on the right side of the page".
"
Points 1 & 2 are likely to be returning soon. See Snide's comment here.
Other things will likely be refined over time - eventually you will be able to drag modules around your profile so you can choose where they appear - whether this will allow you to throw a wall module on there, I don't know.
#200 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -
TheBeast said:
"Snail said:
"
"
Points 1 & 2 are likely to be returning soon. See Snide's comment here.
Other things will likely be refined over time - eventually you will be able to drag modules around your profile so you can choose where they appear - whether this will allow you to throw a wall module on there, I don't know."

Completely missed that, sorry. Thanks for brining my hopes up though.

So I heard, so I heard. Well, I can't wait.

And one more thing before I quit whining: The Title font was far more awesome when it was yellow.

That is all.