#201 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -
snake911 said:
"I like it…I like it…I think it’s a hit…I think I’ll keep enjoying it!"
Oh it hit some people, right in the face! buts it completely missed some of us.

The main page is awesome, the video page is excellent, but the profile page is slowly coming along, so what am i complaining about? i can't stand dark sites, so im trying to wait for the white one, hopefully, they nail it with that one.

I really wan't to see my status on my profile, so i can tell what i wrote in a mess last night, that kinda thing. Plus i wanna see my damn images without having to click images, why u ask? because no one ever will click that tab (nor what is under my main picture) if they are on my profile, they'll probably skim eeeeeverything over.

#202 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

I would like to see any option maybe to remove the little bar over my header that says that I can change my back round. It throws off my header.

#203 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

I'm really not liking the re-design to be honest, but I'll give it a chance.

#204 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I just found this comment on StarfoxA's blog.

snide said:

"Thanks for the comments. Always nice to read a bulleted, direct criticism.

For the record, and I hope peeps can spread the word on this... I do intend to bring the top 10 lists back onto the front door along with the top scores/pages need help module. I just didn't have time to really make that section as awesome as it should be and didn't feel comfortable putting up the mess of a nav tree that existed there before. I'll try and get it back in next week."
Just thought you guys might want to know that. :)
#205 Posted by The_Icon (573 posts) -

The front page, its difficult to see which is the number of views and the number of posts.

#206 Posted by Ninjafern (421 posts) -

You can't view the default image in galleries. When you click on the default image it just reloads the main image page.  (eg. http://www.giantbomb.com/hamburger/93-9/all-images/52-306731/)

#207 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
n1Nj4d00m said:
"You can't view the default image in galleries. When you click on the default image it just reloads the main image page.  (eg. http://www.giantbomb.com/hamburger/93-9/all-images/52-306731/)"
I believe that's already been reported in the bug reporting thread.
#208 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2109 posts) -

Kill the AJAX on the forums tab...or at least gimp it and only put like 4 -6 lines on text rather than entire blurb...too much... Just get people into the forums...then direct them from there.

#209 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Cheers Coonce & Co, thanks for the little fixes you have all been working on.

How long is that prompt going to ruin my header? I fail to see why it needs to be so large and prominent. It renders the header pointless. Is it permanent?  Why not have it as a simple tab where the others are while keeping it in red.

You cannot delete images in your own gallery, which is not good given what's inside mine right now, after my attempt at getting a decent blog header up ;)

Kudos for getting the blog pane up, that's very much appreciated, I thought the feel of community would be killed if it stayed the way it was.

#210 Posted by ethan (776 posts) -
WickedCobra03 said:
"Kill the AJAX on the forums tab...or at least gimp it and only put like 4 -6 lines on text rather than entire blurb...too much... Just get people into the forums...then direct them from there.
"
There is no "AJAX" on the forums tab.
#211 Posted by Player1 (3876 posts) -
snide said:
"coffeesash said:
"Oh... that's really weird. Can we change the colours on the site? White and Yellow on Grey is really hurting my eyes trying to read stuff, apart from looking horrible. It even starts to flare after a while, it can't be good for you reading it.
"
Sounds like you are using the white version... which explains the dislike as I didn't even build a white css file properly yet. Just clear your cache / cookies and relogin to use the black version. We're hoping to get a white version out in the next couple weeks.
"
good stuff. I can't wait for the white site. I truly can't stand this black on white. It kills my eyes. 
#212 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -
Player1 said:

good stuff. I can't wait for the white site. I truly can't stand this black on white. It kills my eyes. 
"
Nah I really like the black, but I supose white could work.
#213 Posted by Pie (7109 posts) -

OH MY FUDGE! I like the new site but the main page selecting stories slder thingy me bob reminds me of gamespot or ign.

#214 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I have just noticed something I really dislike, that being how the tiling is still visible at the bottom of my About Me page. It looks kinda awkward down there.

#215 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I'm on whatever the default color scheme is (the dark one) and I simply cannot read certain things.  Dark gray font on an even darker gray background is a terrible idea.  Things like what forum each topic is in, etc is nearly impossible to see. 

I know it's already been said, but something really needs to be done about it.

#216 Edited by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

Wll done guys, I fucking love it, just got one question, how do I fix my banner? it looks weird. :S

#217 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

WHAT THE HELLZOR?!  I leave for two days to get a tattoo, and ALL THIS HAPPENS?!  Man, fucking sweet!!!

I feel like I just keep getting rewarded this week!!!  lol
#218 Posted by sirchode (62 posts) -

I might just be dense, but how do I view my pending submissions now?  I can see a list of all my past submissions, but pending ones don't appear to be on the list

#219 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Looks like a LOT of GB users are still using dark-ass CRT monitors. I admit that I cannot see this site clearly on my old CRT, but it's nice and sharp on my LCD.

To those with CRT monitors that find it dark: raise your contrast to the maximum value, then adjust the brightness to a comfortable level. Finally make tweaks in your video card/desktop color configuration (like slightly raise gamma, etc) until perfect.

#220 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
sirchode said:
"I might just be dense, but how do I view my pending submissions now?  I can see a list of all my past submissions, but pending ones don't appear to be on the list
"
Add /wikid/ to the end of your profile to get to that page. I need to fix this obviously. Hehe.
#221 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
snide said:
"sirchode said:
"I might just be dense, but how do I view my pending submissions now?  I can see a list of all my past submissions, but pending ones don't appear to be on the list
"
Add /wikid/ to the end of your profile to get to that page. I need to fix this obviously. Hehe."
The Images tab is missing from the wikid page, so that should be brought back as well.
#222 Posted by sirchode (62 posts) -
snide said:
"sirchode said:
"
Add /wikid/ to the end of your profile to get to that page. I need to fix this obviously. Hehe.
"
Right on, just glad to know it's not me :)

Gigantic props on the relaunch
#223 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"Wll done guys, I fucking love it, just got one question, how do I fix my banner? it looks weird. :S
"
so does mine...but I like it weird:P
#224 Posted by IndieBoy (109 posts) -

I think most of the buttons look real bad and cheapm like something you would find on a spam website.

eg. "post reply", "search", "add to favorites" for forums.

please make them the sex like the rest of the site!

#225 Posted by Davvyk (694 posts) -

i miss the game specific forums being placed at the bottom of every page. other than that its all ACE!

#226 Posted by smokeH (281 posts) -

Giantbomb is officially the sexiest gaming site out there! Really cool new skin and amazing site overall. Good job guys at giantbomb!

#227 Posted by AltDimension (257 posts) -

Not a great fan of all this redesign, it's basically the same site with a different colour scheme. Sure it's looks cool, but they've wrecked the community stuff; having user blogs on the homepage? WTF.

#228 Posted by AltDimension (257 posts) -

And OMG you still haven't fixed the 'Hiding the Mini Bio' !

#229 Posted by Kowalski (262 posts) -

The redesign is ok visually. But I'm having some trouble accepting the different colors, like yellow and blue/green text. I'd like it to be Red as before. Also the grey background parts should be much more visible.

#230 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I might have passed it already but where is the entire Wall history? On my profile I only have a bunch of posts but before I could see all of them. That was a nice "memory capsule." I hope the posts aren't all gone.

#231 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

There doesn't seem to be any links to it right now. Add /wall-list/ to the end of your profile URL and you can access it that way.

#232 Posted by Alexander (1723 posts) -

I thought maybe they would change the way quotes are displayed. It's quite confusing to tell who is saying what when you have a few quotes in one post.

#233 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Also- chiming in on the front page- I hate it. Where can I find the super-awesome flow list/chart/table of franchises that need help and top-edited franchises and such? I miss that thing. I could find news well enough already, and it's all broken up into separate sections anyway. Put it back! :-(

#234 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Also- chiming in on the front page- I hate it. Where can I find the super-awesome flow list/chart/table of franchises that need help and top-edited franchises and such? I miss that thing. I could find news well enough already, and it's all broken up into separate sections anyway. Put it back! :-("
According to Snide it will return, but they're doing some work on it to make it better.
#235 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Jayge said:
"Also- chiming in on the front page- I hate it. Where can I find the super-awesome flow list/chart/table of franchises that need help and top-edited franchises and such? I miss that thing. I could find news well enough already, and it's all broken up into separate sections anyway. Put it back! :-("
According to Snide it will return, but they're doing some work on it to make it better.
"
Man. Whiskey just knows how to please.
#236 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Man. Whiskey just knows how to please."
What's great is that they're actually taking our suggestions on board instead of just pretending to care and making false promises.
#237 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Disgaeamad said:
"What's great is that they're actually taking our suggestions on board instead of just pretending to care and making false promises."
Yes, it's really awesome. I was really surprised that, after my initial ideas of tweaks, there was already some implemented a few hours later. Cheers to the team! :D
#238 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -
Disgaeamad said:
"Jayge said:
"Man. Whiskey just knows how to please."
What's great is that they're actually taking our suggestions on board instead of just pretending to care and making false promises.
"
very true.
#239 Posted by Seram (192 posts) -

The site definitely looks/feels a lot more unique now. I'm really taking a liking to this new design,

#240 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Here is a collection of questions and answers that people have been asking about the redesign. If you have any questions not on this list, be sure to ask!

GB Re-design Mini FAQ - What/Where/How...?

Q: How do I delete images in my image gallery?
A: Go to your images, on the top right-hand corner select "edit page," a drop down menu will appear. Select the image you want to delete and drag it to the "Remove Image" icon. 

Q: What happened to the top 10 list, showing the most popular pages, top editors for the day and pages that needed help?
A: Temporarily removed, but it will be back up soon.

Q: Where can I view my entire friend network list?
A: Click on "Friends," but don't select anything in the drop down box, just click on friends. It will bring you to this page: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/network/

Q: How do I view my pending submissions?
A: Replace "Your-Username" with your GB account name: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/wikid/

Q: How do I view my pending images?
A: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/Your-Username/wikid/images/

Q: What are the dimensions for background images on profiles?
A: See this thread:  http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/profile-background-template/232126/#32

Q: Will there be a white version of the site?
A: Yes, it is in the works.

Q: What happened to the "friends activity" tab on our profiles?
A: Removed temporarily. Will be added soon.

Q: Will there be a search function for Guides?
A: Yes, the guide section and the tools for creating guides will be upgraded soon.

#241 Posted by ninjadodo (194 posts) -

Not sure I care for it. You should not have changed the colour scheme. It was perfect before.

This bright yellow text on top of all the dark grey hurts my eyes. I second the too dark comment (mind you I always used the black site). Please bring back the old colours.

Pages feel more cluttered now. On User profile, it seems redundant that your activity lists days on which you did nothing. On wiki pages the "content below is entirely editable" line is unnecessary and ruins the flow of the page. The edit button was better placed at the top right.

I think thumbnails for concepts, characters objects etc, were better placed to the left of the text. Now the images are so far from the names that you have to look hard to see which goes with which.

#242 Posted by keviar (14 posts) -

The site looks great. I look forward to seeing the great content that's soon to come.

#243 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I dunno if its been mentioned, and im not prepared to look for it, but that stipid bar cutting the banner in half  ruins the experiance, hopefully it gets either moved, or rid of completely.

#244 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I'm loving the new design and color choices.

#245 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

God dammit! I'm gone what? 2 months? And suddenly just because Gorilla isn't here, let's go update everything and make it super awesome!

African internet is muffing up the site a bit.
#246 Posted by ninjadodo (194 posts) -

I should add that the dragging and dropping of images is not working for me. I have Flash 10.

#247 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I have already said numerous times how great everything is, but one thing bugs me, the lack of the About Me section being instantly visible when someone visits a page. If we could choose to lock either our wall or the about me page on a profile, I think that would be pretty neat. I just don't think they should be hidden, the about me page especially.

#248 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I have already said numerous times how great everything is, but one thing bugs me, the lack of the About Me section being instantly visible when someone visits a page. If we could choose to lock either our wall or the about me page on a profile, I think that would be pretty neat. I just don't think they should be hidden, the about me page especially."
I agree, seems odd that they are hidden like that.
#249 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Hey guys, when are we going to get smileys?

#250 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
Optiow said:
"Hey guys, when are we going to get smileys?
"
Never.