#251 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
snide said:
"Optiow said:
"Hey guys, when are we going to get smileys?"
Never.
"
How about Mileys? ...as in Miley Cyrus. She's so talented and well-mannered.
#252 Edited by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

I think the new design yields too much flash on the front page... I don't know if it's a good thing or not overall... sometimes it's slow for me, other times it seems okay. But like a significant portion of the page is flash and if you have a small screen.. ehh.. so far this flash listing of latest articles is the only thing I'm not a big fan of.

#253 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -
snide said:
"Optiow said:
"Hey guys, when are we going to get smileys?
"
Never.
"
I love you so much, Snide.
#254 Posted by Sweep (8974 posts) -

in a thread full of people pointing out bugs and flaws its easy to forget that

THE SITE REDESIGN IS AWESOME

<3 everyone at Whiskey

#255 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Disgaeamad said:
"snide said:
"Optiow said:
"
Never.
"
I love you so much, Snide.
"
Well that sucks. We sure could use 'em.
#256 Edited by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Disgaeamad said:
"snide said:
"Optiow said:
Never.
"
I love you so much, Snide."
Well that sucks. We sure could use 'em."
Really?!

I don't think it's such a big deal.
#257 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
snide said:
"Optiow said:
"
Never.
"
I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave. 
#258 Posted by Snail (8659 posts) -
snide said:
"Optiow said:
Never.
"
<3
#259 Posted by Pkshields (811 posts) -

Awesome upgrades! Not a massive fan of the new front page, but its still good.

#260 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

I got a problem. When I highlight text in these forum boxes for example, (also while editing guides) it doesn't let me un highlight the text for some reason. It doesn't matter where I click it just stays highlighted. Im going to try firefox because I have been using Chrome for the last few weeks. Maybe firefox will cure all my ills.

#261 Posted by sirchode (63 posts) -

Quick question: Is there an ETA on when Collections will be back up?

#262 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -
JJWeatherman said:
"I got a problem. When I highlight text in these forum boxes for example, (also while editing guides) it doesn't let me un highlight the text for some reason. It doesn't matter where I click it just stays highlighted. Im going to try firefox because I have been using Chrome for the last few weeks. Maybe firefox will cure all my ills."
Yep. This happens for me too. It is annoying...

#263 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
p4ddym1607 said:
"JJWeatherman said:
"I got a problem. When I highlight text in these forum boxes for example, (also while editing guides) it doesn't let me un highlight the text for some reason. It doesn't matter where I click it just stays highlighted. Im going to try firefox because I have been using Chrome for the last few weeks. Maybe firefox will cure all my ills."
Yep. This happens for me too. It is annoying..."
For reporting bugs/glitches, head to the Bug Reporting forum.
#264 Posted by Rain_1 (131 posts) -

Ok, this is not really a bug.. but..

On the videos section of the site, when you click on a video from the left list, it disappears from the list and starts to load. I get that, i'm already watching the video, i don't need to have it as a selectable video...

The thing is: I hate that. Sometimes my connection craps out and i want to reload the video i'm watching, and it's nto there for me to click on. When i actually reload the page (F5) it shows up with the default video for the section (and then i can click on the video i was watching).

Besides, it shuffles the list in a weird way. For instance, if only one video came on a certain day, and i click on it, that day dissapears from the list along with the video. I don't know, i know this is nitpicking, but i found it weird.

It's good that the videos are separated by release date now tho. I really enjoyed that... i just wish they would stay there after i clicked them.. :D

#265 Edited by TEAMHOLT (438 posts) -

Going to put my ballot into the "too dark/too much contrast" box as well. The site kind of hurts my eyes now, though it didn't before.

#266 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Going to put my ballot into the "too dark/too much contrast" box as well. The site kind of hurts my eyes now, though it didn't before."
How can it hurt your eyes if it's too dark? Surely being too bright would make it hard to look at, not the opposite.
Tried changing the colour settings on your monitor?
#267 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Going to put my ballot into the "too dark/too much contrast" box as well. The site kind of hurts my eyes now, though it didn't before."
I like it darker, and I find it helps my eyes.
#268 Posted by mandeponium (275 posts) -

I like the new layout. And we don't need smileys. We have the vocabulary to adequately express ourselves!

#269 Posted by zig (73 posts) -

I really like the redesign, except for one part: the NXE-ish banner.  I don't like how it loads with that 3 second animation with the red curve coming up from the bottom, I don't like how the secondary banners are always partially obscured, I don't like how it's biased toward the left side of the screen instead of the center.  It just really rubs me the wrong way.  I guess maybe there are some patent issues with copying Apple's Cover Flow more directly?  ..but I think if it was more like that I would like it more.  Including the ability to drag instead of navigate with arrows.

#270 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -
Kamasama said:
"Some of the text is difficult to read now. Pretty much everything colored like the "Posted X minutes ago" doesn't stand out as much, which includes the "Topic started by..." part."
So I see the examples I cited were fixed, but other text with the same problem (like that which indicates what forum the topic is from) were left unchanged.
#271 Posted by kozzy1234 (71 posts) -

The site is ALOT better then when i last checked it.
Good to see the forums are getting popular to.

If this site gets the community and forum that gamespot has ill switch to this site for all my gaming needs hehe. The only thing keeping gamespot alive is there community. Jeff and the team here at giantbomb do better previews,reviews,etc.. imo

Keep up the good work!   (although Empire deserves a higher score imo hehe, i just had to say it hehe)

#272 Posted by stellaproiectura (51 posts) -

I'd really appreciate an HTML-only version of the main page. Y'know, no huge fancy flash thing that lags up my computer a bit, since it's my homepage.

#273 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I think the new layout looks a little like the New Xbox Experience. I like it a lot.

#274 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I'm loving the redesign. Very professional!

#275 Posted by Boiglenoight (537 posts) -

Everything looks good save for a few things.  The area for user banners changes based on how long your status message is;  if you design your banner with little text in your status, you'll find that if you post a long status message the banner begins to tile vertically.  Also, some gray text blends in with the background.  I'm not a fan of teal unless it's used in a page featuring Mr. T or Jeff K, but that's just me.

#276 Posted by ChrisInCali (146 posts) -

Things are looking a little cluttered, imo.

#277 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I like the redisign a lot. I think it looks a lot like NXE.

#278 Posted by y0y0 (106 posts) -

Love the redesign guys.