• 96 results
#1 Edited by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Just recieved finally after much effort a sealed copy of Hyrule Historia-limited edition!

Having a nerdgasm (for want of a better word) and am very happy to add it to the game room display :)

Rarest/coolest gaming item you own?

#2 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

Press-only preview copy of Final Fantasy X

#3 Posted by Shaka999 (475 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/tales-of-eternia/3030-595/

The PS1 Version of that, probably. And holy fuck do I love that game.

#4 Posted by cloudnineboya (810 posts) -

i have to know wtf is </p> or <p>

#5 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

EarthBound

#6 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Html code for defining the text between those symbols as a discrete paragraph.

#7 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

A figure of Lugia that I got for pre-ordering Pokemon Soul Silver and (a golden case, a poster and ost) for pre-ordering The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS.

#8 Edited by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Earthbound will probably always elude me, being that in in the uk. Especially the big box version! Cool game though :)

#9 Edited by ShaggE (6450 posts) -

A Pac Man cheat sheet signed by Buckner & Garcia (from the fine folks at Giant Bomb dot com, no less).

#10 Edited by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Thats a very unique and personal item :) congrats

#11 Posted by psylah (2173 posts) -

I have a rom dump of Polybius.

#12 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

Besides all my old gen systems and games/cd-books and shit I've had left over since they were new?... I don't really know I tend not to buy limited edition things or buy old sealed copies of games

Only thing I can think of is a Copy of Fifa 05 I sent to Shevchenko when he was playing for AC-Milian to have signed along with a Jersey, Might be the only copy of Fifa 05 in the world signed by him? IDK.

#13 Posted by cloudnineboya (810 posts) -

@rebgav: thanks,now it has gone away from his comment. i thought it was some more internet gestures i had to try and learn as if their were not enough of them already.

#14 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

@lemonlateralus said:

Just recieved finally after much effort a sealed copy of Hyrule Historia-limited edition!

Having a nerdgasm (for want of a better word) and am very happy to add it to the game room display :)

Rarest/coolest gaming item you own?

Hope you didn't have to pay ridiculous ebay prices! I actually had a copy ordered but I could justify spending so much money (it was over $100 after shipping and duties) on something that has the exact same content as the regular version which cost me about $24 total.

I don't really have a whole lot of rare stuff. I'm sure my copy of Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition is going to age nicely, Xenoblade is also starting to climb up in price but nothing insane like a sealed copy of Earthbound.

#15 Posted by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Managed to snap it up for $100 all in, which with conversion rate came to roughly £70 which for such a limited run seemed perfectly reasonable to me :)

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Probably the MGS 1+2+3 box set and the MGS3 special edition with all the bonus content.

#17 Edited by Snail (8603 posts) -

Argh I so want to get my hands on one of those books.

Hm, the rarest gaming item I own... I don't know. I have an unopened Pokémon Gold Version. Also I used to own the TF2 in-game earbuds item (OS X represent!), until I was an idiot and traded them for something worth a fraction of their value. I guess that counts.

I also own a review copy of inFAMOUS 2, with the simple red and white disk instead of the final design. I got that from a friend who's father reviews games. Not super rare, but less-than-common I guess.

#18 Edited by cloudymusic (1109 posts) -

Nothing particularly rare at all. Maybe my import copy of Suikoden I&II for the PSP or my non-reprint FF Tactics? I have some other import niche games (which naturally had pretty small print runs) but I'm not sure those really qualify either.

@ravenlight said:

the MGS 1+2+3 box set

I have that too, opened but almost never used. Is that rare now or something?

EDIT: To be honest, those various random old PS1 demo discs might be the closest thing I have, haha. FF8 demo with the changed-for-release music track in it, etc.

#19 Edited by Pr1mus (3899 posts) -

EarthBound

#20 Posted by 49th (2753 posts) -

I have a LoZ: Spirit Tracks game and tin with some figures, I can't imagine many people bought those.

#21 Edited by rotorious (70 posts) -

Probably not that rare, but I have a Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited edition PS3.

#22 Posted by JJOR64 (18986 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@cloudnineboya said:

Html code for defining the text between those symbols as a discrete paragraph.

Happens pretty often when you post from the mobile site.

#23 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
@keres said:

@ravenlight said:

the MGS 1+2+3 box set

Well, it's out of print so it's got some collector's value but it's not really worth too much going by Amazon.

#24 Edited by Daneian (1229 posts) -

@ravenlight said:
@keres said:

@ravenlight said:

the MGS 1+2+3 box set

Well, it's out of print so it's got some collector's value but it's not really worth too much going by Amazon.

What about that plus Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1?

EDIT: crap, thought you quoted the Subsistence Special edition!

#25 Posted by believer258 (11889 posts) -

Probably the audio CD that came with Etrian Odyssey IV, which isn't much. I don't buy Collector's Editions or pre-order much.

#26 Edited by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Hey, I have that too! High five!

#27 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@daneian said:

I actually have that one, too. The Vol. 1 disc has a $50 listing on Amazon.

#28 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

Just got a a box full of NES and SNES games like two days ago from a great aunt who moved to San Francisco(from KY). She was the woman who got me into games and still plays them today(shes 67 years old).

Didnt even know she had these but in the bottom of the box was:

The Legend of Zelda(NES) Silver and gold Cartridge's

Earthbound (SNES)

Star Tropics(NES) dont know if its rare but it was unsealed and still in the box

not to mention tons of other great SNES and NES games.

#29 Posted by gumdealer (96 posts) -

I've got a limited edition Metal Gear Solid Risk set around here somewhere still in the wrap. The box says its number 366 out of 2014 units.

I would love to know how a Metal Gear Risk plays, but I would never open it.

#30 Edited by Daneian (1229 posts) -

@daneian said:

I actually have that one, too. The Vol. 1 disc has a $50 listing on Amazon.

Same here. I'm actually strangely proud of my Metal Gear collection. Besides the regular games, I've got Saga Vol 2, Document of MGS2, Substance and the Digital Graphic Novel just sitting on a shelf by themselves. If only I knew enough japanese to play my Saturn copy of Policenauts, I'd finally feel complete as a person.

#31 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@rotorious said:

Hey, I have that too! High five!

#32 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of the japanese version of Final Fantasy VI, for some reason. That's probably worth $15...

#33 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11714 posts) -

Nothing super exclusive. I have a copy of Wizardry VII with the box, manual and all of the floppies, but considering I got that for $20 I'm not sure if that constitutes rare or just old.

#34 Edited by BBAlpert (1468 posts) -

I don't know if it's "rare", but I have a PS1 copy of that X-Files FMV game the crew played the other day. It's a 7 CD PC game compressed to hell and crammed onto 3 or 4 PS1 disks. If memory serves, it looks every bit as bad as that sounds. I also have a copy of Warpath: Jurassic Park (the PS1 fighting game). I thought it was kind of neat at the time, at least.

I clearly had impeccable tastes in video games back then.

#36 Edited by flakmunkey (75 posts) -

Sears preorder bouns tshirt for FF VII

#37 Edited by Winternet (8018 posts) -

I don't know, but probably nothing. All I own is PC related and I guess this rarity thingy happens most with console stuff.

#38 Edited by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

I have a complete box, cartridge manual and map for Chrono Trigger, usually goes for about 100-150.

Super Mario RPG, usually goes for about 65-80.

After that, I dunno... My collection is more filled with 30-50 dollar stuff than it is the real big ticket stuff. I got the Silent Hill series (which too out around 40 bucks for 1 and 3), the Fatal Frames (about 35), all of the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei games (again, about 35). Parasite Eve, a black label copy of Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 3 cart, Shadowrun for the SNES, Eternal Darkness, Ogre Battle 64, that kind of stuff.

#39 Posted by Ekami (258 posts) -

1/3 of a virtual boy that reminds me of my own mortality i hate it

#40 Posted by Ekami (258 posts) -

three copies of clay fighter what happened to my life

#41 Edited by Meepasaurus (213 posts) -

Before I read the thread I thought, "Hmm.. probably Hyrule Historia for me." Did yours arrive in good condition?

#42 Edited by Ekami (258 posts) -

an issue of nintendo power covered in tears

#43 Edited by Daneian (1229 posts) -
#44 Posted by Torrim (330 posts) -

I don't have anything overly valuable, except for a non-greatest hits version of FFVII that's not even in close to good condition.

My systems don't have a good survival track record because they break or I made some dumb decisions. I've gotten better about re-acquiring a fair handful.

#45 Posted by isomeri (1273 posts) -

I don't know about rarest, but I like some of my older promotion items. Like t-shirts for the original Rainbow Six and a Half-Life 2 "preview pack".

#46 Edited by EVO (3901 posts) -

I own all the Eufloria soundtrack CDs. Each is limited to about 100 copies.

#47 Edited by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

Probably Panzer Dragoon Saga or Snatcher.

#48 Edited by Cyrus_Saren (536 posts) -

Suikoden II.

#49 Posted by NewDust (82 posts) -

Not really anything special...

the most exclusive is probably a signed vinyl of the shatter soundtrack (0038/1000). For the rest I don't know... maybe the Pipboy 3000 alarmclock (don't even remember how I got that pile of chinese malformed plastic) and signed bastion soundtrack. Oh and just the TRI-fecta of pure shittyness in gaming: All three Zelda games on CD-I and as a bonus also Hotel Mario.

Outside of gaming though...

Very happy to own all three of the Lord of the Rings complete recordings (which is a rarity) and owning both the Alien and Predator dvd heads.

#50 Posted by Ekami (258 posts) -

two rob the robots displayed in a 69 position