• 96 results
#51 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

a zapper glued to a superscope, partially embedded in my drywall

#52 Edited by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

I haven't got anything rare :(

No One Lives Forever: A Spy In H.A.R.M.S. Way Game of the Year Edition, or maybe the Alan Wake collectors edition.

#53 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

A copy of boxxle for the game boy so that if im ever bored I have something to chew on

#54 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

hundreds of sega cd promotional slap bracelets, each one more broken then the last

#55 Edited by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

uh...i dont think i own any rare game stuff?

#56 Edited by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I can't really think of anything.

I have a Dota 2 courier worth $30-50?

#57 Edited by FTomato (234 posts) -

I don't think I own anything special. I guess I have a coffee cup with my name on it that has some characters from the mobile games the company I work at made, but they're hardly iconic characters, so...

#58 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Errrr.. Nothing really. I guess the Portal 2 cube edition goes for around $200 now and Shenmue 1 and 2 aren't exactly cheap, but nothing I'd consider rare.

#59 Posted by espm400 (106 posts) -

I still have a box with over 100 games on their original 3.5" and 5.25" floppies (with a few C64 games as well)... somewhere... Ah the memories (all 1.44MB of them)...

#60 Edited by ahab88 (240 posts) -

eh.... Ocarina of Time: Master Quest for Game Cube.

#61 Edited by MattGrant (122 posts) -

It's not super rare, but I still have the package-sleeve for Oblivion with a T rating on it. Since it was a collector's edition, I also have the pocket guide that came with it; which I read multiple times a year. -_-

I'd have the replica gold septim but I lost it some time ago. So sad.

Edit: I also have a copy of Shadows of the Damned. Does that count? :p

#62 Edited by Laiv162560asse (487 posts) -

@warlordpayne said:

Probably Panzer Dragoon Saga

Same, I have a boxed copy of PDS and was surprised to learn they go for about $350-$500 on ebay. Don't feel inclined to sell though.

I could probably find a few rare Saturn demo CDs and free games if I dug around hard enough, like the original Christmas Nights. Probably.

#63 Edited by SaFt (383 posts) -

Uh, i'm not sure. Probably Harvest Moon for the SNES complete with box and manual.

#64 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

a comic of me and shigeru miyamoto having a flexing contest that i drew on an arbys napkin

#65 Edited by RVonE (4638 posts) -

A copy of Halo 3.

#66 Edited by Ekami (261 posts) -

socom for psp roughly shoved into a wonderswan

#67 Edited by Mayu_Zane (608 posts) -

I own 2 copies of Azure Dreams for the PS1.

#68 Edited by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

i had a copy of NBA live 10

#69 Edited by Ekami (261 posts) -

a net haphazardly woven out of n64 controllers

#70 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

sub zero tattooed on my face so when i look in a mirror it reminds me to be super chill

#71 Posted by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Will be recieving my copy of Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition tomorrow! Cant wait! Supposedly that will be limited somewhat :)

#72 Edited by Jimbo (9812 posts) -

A working launch 360.

#73 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of Perfect Dark Zero.....yeah.....cost me all of £1.50.

I also have a boxed (not sealed) copy of Whizz for the SNES which I understand to be fairly rare, though it isn't in very good condition, played the shit out of it as a kid.

And, fairly recently, I came to own a boxed copy of Pokémon Green, box has seen better days but the cartridge is almost immaculate.

#74 Edited by dekkadekkadekka (733 posts) -

Snatcher for the Sega CD, complete boxed copies of Illusion of Time, Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, The Legend of Zelda.

Also have a boxed, complete, pretty-decent-considering-its-age Donkey Kong Game and Watch.

Also I guess Metal Gear Solid on the GameBoy Color is kinda rare? It's super expensive on eBay, I have a boxed copy of that too. Also the other day I picked up a loose PAL Gun.Smoke cart for the NES. The US version is quite common apparently, but the PAL version seems to be rare-ish. I see multiple copies on eBay for £25 and up; I got it for £5.

Edit: Oh, a loose Shadowrun cart for the SNES. Paid about £10 for it.

#75 Posted by gamerpigeon (351 posts) -

Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn. After i purged my collection over the last few years to my modern systems,PS2 and Jap Saturn, Radiant Silvergun wasn't something i could sell even with the XBLA version. Its a superb Shmup.

#76 Edited by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

I don't think I have too much that's rare or valuable, but I do have this:

It's kind of neat, but probably not actually worth anything.

Oh, I also have a copy of Tales of Destiny, which is a little rare, but not nearly as rare as Tales of Destiny 2, which I do not have.

#77 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I think the original poster/world map that came with boxed copy of SNES Chrono Trigger is the rarest thing I have. The box, the instruction manual, and the cartridge aren't especially rare, but a lot of people seem to be missing that map.

#78 Edited by Svenzon (720 posts) -

Nothing super-rare, but I have the PC version of Final Fantasy VII and a PAL Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast. Used to have Twin Snakes too, but I traded that back to GameStop after being severely disappointed by it. Shouldn't have done that. :(

#79 Posted by Pepsiman (2477 posts) -

I've got a PS1 debug unit and some GameCube SDKs I acquired on a whim off eBay years and years ago. Never really gotten much use out of the GameCube stuff since I don't have the skills to do much with them, but I keep meaning to dump the tech demos lying around on them to see if they'll run on Dolphin. The PS1 debug unit has occasionally come in handy, though, since it has no region lock or any of the usual protective mechanisms built into it, so I'll sometimes pop in my copy of Japanese Vib-Ribbon and marvel at how nice it is to have that game just run smoothly and not have a 50/50 percent chance of crashing when I put in a music CD like on emulators.

Hard to be certain what the rarest thing I own is if we talk in terms of things that most members of the public could buy through proper channels. It might possibly be my shrinkwrapped Asian-region copy of Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 1/Disaster Report since Irem stopped printing copies of all games in that series really soon after the Tohoku Earthquake in March 2011. My complete copies of the two Megami Tensei games for the Famicom also seem to command a decent amount of money outside of Japan, as do some other miscellaneous import pickups I've made over the years. My shrinkwrapped copy of Blue Submarine No. 6 for the Dreamcast, which was a game I just picked up on a whim from a local mom and pop shop in the States, is probably really high up on the list, too. There's other stuff that I have like Ni no Kuni on the DS, which comes with the book by default, that a lot of people outside of Japan would probably like owning, but their actual value is dubious with enough research.

#80 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't think i have any rare games. forza 2 and amped 3 are some that come off my mind, since they were launch titles.

megaman x box, no game.
oblivion box, pc,

#81 Edited by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Ive a boxed pokemon mini console also :)

#82 Edited by espm400 (106 posts) -

@jimbo said:

A working launch 360.

Such a mythical object exists only in fairy tales and urban legends. Although I'm sure you have some blurry photos as proof...

#83 Edited by CreepingDeath0 (176 posts) -

@lemonlateralus Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the limited edition version of Hyrule Historia and the normal one I picked up for £25? Googling doesn't have a clear answer for me.

As for rare stuff, erm... I've heard a few people say that Zelda: Four Swords Adventure is quite rare. The big box one. Seems to go for £80-100 on ebay.

#84 Posted by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Limited to 4000 copies worldwide, leather bound with gilded pages :p

I have the regular version too now, fantastic tome of knowledge :)

Ooh, thats a good item, i remember seeing them in Game years ago next to all the Donkey Konga Drums! Ha.

#85 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2389 posts) -

I've got one of those giant Shadow Lugia cards from XD Gale of Darkness. Not sure if it is worth anything but yeah.

Also I don't know where the hell it is (assuming I still have it) but I had a t shirt from my brother pre-ordering Mega Man X5 or X6.

#86 Posted by Bleshoo (131 posts) -

The Japanese collector's editions of Xenosaga Episode 1 and Episode 2.

#87 Posted by Duecenage (213 posts) -

This puppy right here!

#88 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

I have the normal version of that. I should read it.

#89 Posted by Glottery (1278 posts) -

Errrr.. Nothing really. I guess the Portal 2 cube edition goes for around $200...

Didn't know there was a special edition of Portal 2. Looks kinda neat.

I think the rarest piece of gaming we have over here is the Collector's Edition for WoW - Burning Crusade. I kinda wish I'd have special edition of the first Bioshock, because I have Special Edition of Bioshock 2 and Premium Edition of Bioshock - Infinite on it's way...but I proooooobably won't be paying something around 100-200$ to buy one from Amazon. Maybe when I happen to end up with loads of money to spend on crazy stuff...

#90 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

I have Suikoden 2, and a Metal Gear Solid 4 GA-KO alarm clock. I think those are the rarest items.

Carts of River City Ransom and Gold Zelda on the NES are probably up there, too.

#92 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (622 posts) -

I don't know if I have anything that's rare. I have Clannad from Japan for the PS3 and a Rise Kujikawa figure, but those aren't really that rare. I probably have some other things if I looked around, but can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

#93 Edited by Jaqen_HGhar (898 posts) -

I guess the only rare gaming-related thing I have is a copy of 9: The Last Resort with all the stuff that came with it. I think it is kinda rare at least...
And I got a replica of the Dragon Sword. It's really sharp as well, which surprised me when I got it.

#94 Posted by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

Secret of Mana (SNES), sealed Radiant Historia (DS), that gamecube disc with all the N64 zelda games on it.

#95 Posted by lemonlateralus (102 posts) -

Awesome stuff!

#96 Posted by Soap (3592 posts) -

An original 1st edition print of the Final Fantasy Art book series "The Sky" by Yoshitaka Amano.

Signed.

#97 Posted by Trusty_Spoon (83 posts) -

I have the Half life 2 collectors edition. Thats probably the one that has held the most value asit sells for around £400 on amazon

#98 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

A golden Nintendo World Championships cartridge most likely. It's usually something you just brag about, I never play it.