The Phantom Pain likely getting a new trailer at PS4 event

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

thephantompain.com has been updated to simply display a quote about Phantom Pains, and a number "2:20". Which I'm sure is supposed to allude to 2/20 being the date of Playstation's big PS4 event. What do you guys think, another cryptic trailer, or will we actually see the true nature of the game?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

Maybe that's the whole event. And Vita price drop.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be the Ps4's early flagship.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WalkerD

@max_cherry: I doubt it'll be exclusive, Mobydickstudio.se still lists Xbox 360 at the bottom of the page.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fangirling

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I want to see gameplay and i know that there will be no gameplay.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

True story time: Back around the start of the 360/PS3 cycle, I was in a restaurant discussing games with somebody, and our waiter heard us and started talking about this new console called the 'Phantom'.

Since then, I always figured he was full of shit. But clearly, this can only mean the Phantom Pain is actually code for: the Playstation Phantom, aka PS4. THE WAITER KNEW ABOUT IT ALL ALONG. PSYCHIC WAITER.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I hope they finally just say one of the two parts we have seen is the other's "tanker" from MGS2 and they are both just MGS V. I feel very confident in this but yes, the speculation is pretty fun.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By reisz

I hope they finally just say one of the two parts we have seen is the other's "tanker" from MGS2 and they are both just MGS V. I feel very confident in this but yes, the speculation is pretty fun.

I could get behind that. Word is though Kojima confirmed that Ground Zeroes isn't MGS5. If they actually have two top tier, balls out, Metal Gear Solid titles in the works right now I'm going to be a seriously happy camper.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@reisz said:

@artisanbreads said:

I could get behind that. Word is though Kojima confirmed that Ground Zeroes isn't MGS5. If they actually have two top tier, balls out, Metal Gear Solid titles in the works right now I'm going to be a seriously happy camper.

I wouldn't believe anything he says personally. And I seriously doubt they would have two games in the works, just for practical reasons but also having two in the public knowledge would cause a split of sorts you just wouldn't want.

Also, for practical reasons I'd rather have them just focus on getting one MGS right.

But anyways, I think how Phantom Pain was presented (a fictional Moby Dick Studios, no MGS label) should basically make you trust nothing Kojima or his studio or any made up reps say. I am pretty damn confident it's all just MGS V. As I said, not sure which part is the "tanker" of sorts though.

But hey, hypothetically I'd love two great MGS games soon.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Well if that original Phantom Pain trailer was indeed running on a real time engine then I'd believe that would be a PS4 title and it would be even more shocking if it was coming out within a few months of the PS4 release.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By EuanDewar

im fuckin stoked fuck the cynical haters

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SlashDance

@artisanbreads: I'm with you, I think they're the same game. Unless Phantom Pain is very early teasing for a 2015/2016 MGS5, like that TGS trailer for MGs4.

Either way I'm fucking hyped for tomorrow.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That website is fake. The only official website concerning The Phantom Pain is the Moby Dick Studio one.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads There's definitely some intentional misdirection going on but I am enjoying the mystery. I'm willing to put aside my better judgement until tomorrow, It's nice to be surprised every now and then. It's just as you say, if Konami want to give us two well made Metal Gear Solid titles, count me in.