The Problems I have with the Wii

Volke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Volke

The Nintendo Wii. Sure it had great motion controls and good "family oriented" games, but where are is the hard-core gamer appeal?
There are only a few games for the Wii I really want to play and each one of those games isn't worth the $250 console, $60 for each set of a Wii Remote and a nunchuck, and $60 for the actual game. The only real games I am interested in are Super MarioGalaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl,and  Resident Evil 4. Its kind of disappointing. Sure Wii sports is fun but you can only box and bowl for so long before craving more. Meanwhile the Xbox 360s have lowered in price and there is a HUGE array of games that are worth getting for them. On this list are Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, the two Gears of War games, and many, many, more.

Its times like these when I ask, "What was the use in getting a Wii?"

Volke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Volke

The Nintendo Wii. Sure it had great motion controls and good "family oriented" games, but where are is the hard-core gamer appeal?
There are only a few games for the Wii I really want to play and each one of those games isn't worth the $250 console, $60 for each set of a Wii Remote and a nunchuck, and $60 for the actual game. The only real games I am interested in are Super MarioGalaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl,and  Resident Evil 4. Its kind of disappointing. Sure Wii sports is fun but you can only box and bowl for so long before craving more. Meanwhile the Xbox 360s have lowered in price and there is a HUGE array of games that are worth getting for them. On this list are Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, the two Gears of War games, and many, many, more.

Its times like these when I ask, "What was the use in getting a Wii?"

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Personal preference

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Volke said:
"you can only box and bowl for so long before craving more.""

Fucking Christ, will you please stop plagiarizing Vinny's highschool yearbook quotes?
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By ZenaxPure
Endogene said:
"Personal preference"
Pretty much. Seeing as I own like near 20 downloadable games from wiiware/vc and want even more than that the super low price of the Wii is worth that alone, but it has more exclusives than PS3 that I care about and just about the same as the 360 so for the genres I play (which is pretty much everything but racing and sports games) there is plenty there for my personal taste.

So yea, Edogene's 2 words pretty much sum up why someone would want one.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Go buy Animal Crossing.

However, I do spend FAR more time with my PS3 than with my Wii.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Umm... Because your mom wanted to play Wii fit? It isn't for people like you. It's for people like the mindless sheep that see that the wii is popular, play 5 minutes of wii tennis at another sheep's house and then trample other sheep to get one. Then once they get one they buy wii play (which of course is the only game they buy unless they can find one of 5 wii fits in town) and a bunch of controllers ($40 each for 2 more) then after a week of playing it sits on the shelf forever. 

Then of course there are the hardcore Nintendo Fanboys (like I was once upon a time) who are convinced that Nintendo is just on a downturn and then will rise up with more of the same stuff (i.e. Another Zelda game that tries too hard to imitate ocarina of time). Of course, these are the same people who will justify the garbage that is friend codes or any other aspect of Nintendo's antiquated online system.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gameboi

If only Nintendo could get the Wiimote to track motion a little better.  Good concept, but it still needs some tweaking.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Willy105

What I don't like about it is the lack of memory cards. I hate it saving my stuff on the console. It's like letting the door open of your house.

But that's it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArbitraryWater said:
"Umm... Because your mom wanted to play Wii fit? It isn't for people like you. It's for people like the mindless sheep that see that the wii is popular, play 5 minutes of wii tennis at another sheep's house and then trample other sheep to get one. Then once they get one they buy wii play (which of course is the only game they buy unless they can find one of 5 wii fits in town) and a bunch of controllers ($40 each for 2 more) then after a week of playing it sits on the shelf forever. 

Then of course there are the hardcore Nintendo Fanboys (like I was once upon a time) who are convinced that Nintendo is just on a downturn and then will rise up with more of the same stuff (i.e. Another Zelda game that tries too hard to imitate ocarina of time). Of course, these are the same people who will justify the garbage that is friend codes or any other aspect of Nintendo's antiquated online system."
What about us hardcore players who own all three consoles, pull out the Wii for a grand time when they have friends over, marveled at the sheer majesty which was Super Mario Galaxy (The best game of this generation so far) and who are now reliving the glory days of yesteryear by playing classic shit on the Virtual Console?
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Optiow

To be honest I think the Wii is full of shit.
I don't know why companys like call of duty and Brothers in arms put their games there!
for ti is shit for those games! I mean it may be good or mario, but other than that, shit.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene
Optiow said:
"To be honest I think the Wii is full of shit.
I don't know why companys like call of duty and Brothers in arms put their games there!
for ti is shit for those games! I mean it may be good or mario, but other than that, shit."
Ehhh take it easy... Looks like i can't really figure out what you are trying to say.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Endogene
dcpc10 said:
"The motion controls itself is what piss me off, its like touch screen controls, its VERY good for some games (party games/sports games) but awful for others (FPS/Platformers)."
You don't like the IR pointer in FPS's?