The real reason why Halo is popular

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mof

"Why is Halo popular?" Many gamers have asked this question and the answer is simple: It's because Halo is a generic, mediocre, linear, shallow, simple, dumb, run of the mill, and average first-person shooter that caters towards the casual audience. Microsoft gaved it all the media hype in order to blatantly sell their console the Xbox. The Xbox didn't have any other game going for it than Halo, it only had other titles just as average and mediocre as Halo such as the Project Gotham Racing series, Top Spin, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell {Dull Thief clone}, MechAssault {Dumb downed MechWarrior}, and Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge {A dumbed downed console verion of a PC classic}. Most Halo fans haven't played many or any first-person shooter before Halo especially PC shooters that were more revolutionary and its praised by people who haven't played a FPS before Halo. Most Halo fans are frat boys and frat college students, most intelligent people don't even care for it.

The reason it gets so much high scores from game "critics" is because they're bribed by microsoft in order to help them sell the Xbox, game reviewers are also trying to comfort fanboys to get mass publicity and audience as they're trying to keep the majority of people sedated and stupid over a dumb game. Real actual critics like Yahtzee aren't fooled by bribing, media hype, and fanboys so he can actually see what Halo really is: a average first-person shooter. Ask any standard game who isn't a fanboy and they will tell you that Halo is not as good as game reviwers say it is, ask any long time first-person shooter veteran who has played many FPS on the PC before Halo and they will tell you that they won't even add Halo on their top ten FPS list.

Halo Combat Evolved heh? Halo Combat Dumb Downed is more accurate. The reason Halo is a dull, unintuitive, and boring first-person shooter is because it focuses too much on the combat that the players will get worn out from combat fatigue and it's even made worse because the combat is not tactical because the only way you can kill them is by shooting them, it focus so much on the combat that there's no pacing. The story is cheaply written and derravative, filled with sci-fi cliches. The A.I. isn't very impressive and your friendly A.I. is terrible. Hot key throwing grenade button and recharging health meter makes the combat too easy, plus the two weapon carry limit makes the game dull. The weapons are unbalance because the assualt rifle is inaccurate, the pistol is over powered, and the plasma weapons are underpowered. The weapon feel like Fisher Price toys and fake.

It ruin the FPS genre by uninspiring other first-person shooters to repeat the same flaws Halo created and made the genre to be too safe. It help to create a onslaught of mediocre first-person shooters such as Turok {Remake}, Crysis, Resistance series, Haze, Quake 4, Far Cry, and Killzone 2. Halo doesn't rank up with classic and excellent first-person shooters with excellent storytelling such as Call of Duty 4 and Half-Life 2. Halo's sequels repeats the same mistakes and makes them worse in order to cash in, plus microsoft are producing mediocre spin-offs in order to milk the franchise. While the multiplayer is better than the average campaigns, its still weak and doesn't take skill to play like in other superior multiplayer FPSs like Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4. There were better more innovative console first-person shooters before Halo like the groundbreaking classic Goldeneye and the sublime Perfect Dark.

To be calling Halo a masterpiece in the arts of gaming is like calling Titanic a brilliant film, it's not.

Halo has always been average and that's why it is popular. Face the facts Halo fanboys; Halo is nothing special and never was. Its also the most overrated game of all time, more overrated than Final Fantasy VII and Grand Theft Auto IV. Halo never delivered.

TimeSplitters 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ShadowKiller

Honestly can we go half a week without another Halo bashing thread?

Edit: By the way I enjoy Halo 3 more than COD4. Different people like different things and I find that Halo is a great way to play some customs and matchmaking with some friends and have a great time.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

So....it's popular because it's average...LOL.  Epic failure.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

WHO CARES?!?!

Christ almighty, the game is like 7 years old now, who gives a shit?!?!

Can't we talk about something current?! If I wanted old news i'd go to a fan-forum, and if I wanted to troll i'd remove myself from the gene-pool because it's quite possibly the single most pointless activity any human being can engage themselves in.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust
ShadowKiller said:
Honestly can we go half a week without another Halo bashing thread?Edit: By the way I enjoy Halo 3 more ... [more]
Apparently not.  Next on the agenda, "Wii has no good games" followed by "I state my opinion as fact and dismiss your rebuttals"
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By gearhead

Does anyone see the irony that his picture is that of Master Chief?

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cc23574

It's all opinions dude, I really like the Halo series and I do not think that Splinter Cell is a dull Thief clone. Halo did had a  big impact and console fps's have never been the same.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Actually, Titanic is a brilliant film. I don't like it, but nevertheless it's a brilliant film.

Halo I don't particularly like, either. The reason Halo is so popular is because it was hyped several years, because it was a good launch title, because it has a lot of things that appeal to male adolescents, and because the Multiplayer and Netcoding are excellent. That's all there is to that.

FrEeZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By FrEeZe

Oh so I think I get it now.

Halo is good because of slick controls and a efficient matchmaking system.

Well I learned something from this thread

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kmdrkul
Post by Mof (1 posts)

Ahem.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

This is how I feel about this thread. This thread is The Good Life

Coincidentally, it's how I feel about Halo too since we're bashing it.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus

Wow, another halo bashing troll thread... Can we unify all of these into one? Damn.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK
The_A_Drain said:
This is how I feel about this thread. This thread is The Good Life   Coincidentally, it's how I feel about ... [more]
YOU SIR WIN THE INTERNET
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jkz

I have to say, I tend to agree with the fact that Halo is nothing specail, and get's much too much praise from fans who have never played a shooter prior to picking it up, but.....

Please, Please, Please, if you are going to make another Halo Bash thread, at least make your commentary on the game intelligent, and make it seem as if you are at least somewhat literate, because as it is, you are making yourself out to be the exact same type of person you are criticising in the OP
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By suneku

Ban dodger flame bait thread, closed.