This is funny.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

I hate Destructiod even more when it tries to be funny. Its just a load of pretentious shit written by guys who masterbate to anything remotely 'indie' regardless of their actual quality.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Belonpopo
@Sincillian:
Where's Fusion Frenzy?
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

I want one of these games to release another addition with a quote from this on the box. I'm sure Blue Tongue would be stoked to know they made the fifth best game of the decade.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evanbrau
@MysteriousBob: You kind of paraphrased what I want to say about destructoid. That site is run by a bunch of men children who will crack awful jokes and publish infantile articles about how some character from Dragon Age was based on some model then on the other hand have a massive fucking freak out if someone dared to call into question that games coverage is not legitimate journalism (its isn't, no enthusiast press is journalism).

The only site thats more pretentious and pathetic is that smug cunt Tim Rogers action button site.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@MysteriousBob said:
" I hate Destructiod even more when it tries to be funny. Its just a load of pretentious shit written by guys who masterbate to anything remotely 'indie' regardless of their actual quality. "
You realize it's mostly Jim Sterling who does all the comedic writing and satirical articles, right?
Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
@evanbrau: I think you're taking it way too seriously.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaneDev
@MysteriousBob said:
" I hate Destructiod even more when it tries to be funny. Its just a load of pretentious shit written by guys who masterbate to anything remotely 'indie' regardless of their actual quality. "
This is exactly how i feel.

Of the articles i have read on that site every one of them comes across as that. The only ones i liked were when one guy criticized the big three console makers. 

Their top 50 games of the decade were a bit shit as well except for Half-Life 2 being no 2, but its all opinions.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

The real Top 50 list (not this one) was bullshit in itself. It was the most pretentious list of games I've ever seen. This, also, was not funny.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evanbrau
@Muttinus_Rump:  Definitely if it was just this one article I didn't like but I hate everything they do so I'll rage away.
MattQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MattQ

Pretentious? Lets see the articles currently on their front page...

• Win a Wii with a copy of Tales of Symphonia
  • MGS Peace Walker has pictures for you to look at
  • Capcom made a flash game with zombies in it, also Santa, you can win things
  • The FFXIII Shiva bike now comes in toy form
  • Cool stop motion music video of printed out 8 bit style sprite art
  • Hallmark presents Gallaga Arcade tourney
  • Win some shitty kids games.
  • Nintendo says Majora's Mask was totally awesome.
  • FFXIII screens have predictable things.
  • Weekend Destructatainments, eh, really the only good one in here was Mega 64 mocking that FFXIII video.
  • Holy shit, first US mention of Nintendo from a newspaper in 1955.
  • Win a serious Sam shirt. Freak Ryan and Jeff out with your weird torso.
  • Guild Wars 2 has races.
  • Anthony Burch, the guy who you're probably referring to about all the indie stuff reviews a game about running over zombies with a car and attaching weapons to said car.

And immature? We're on a site where the common response to a game you don't care about is to make fart sounds.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

That list was pretty funny; the Kane and Lynch one was great. I like Jim Sterling but I do agree with this statement somewhat:

@MysteriousBob said:

Yeah, there is way too much "hey check out this game because it is DIFFERENT and made by a small developer!!!"  Well, that doesn't stop the game from being shit. =/
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

That list was stupid. The post reminded me of some non-important dude from NPR making a blog post about official music terms with two of them being crunkcore and crabcore.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Romination

I just thought it wasn't a funny article. It was in theory, but it wasn't in execution. Especialy with Too Human as #1. Duke Nukem Forever would have been better.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nanikore
@Romination: It still wouldn't have been funny. Destructoid tries too hard and fails even harder.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
@Milkman said:
" The real Top 50 list (not this one) was bullshit in itself. It was the most pretentious list of games I've ever seen. This, also, was not funny. "
It's just their opinion.  If you don't like it, make your own.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Romination
@nanikore: eh. I don't go onto Destructoid unless someone recommends it to me. Their Prototype vs. Infamous article was still very funny.
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cap123

i really like destructoid, it's got content coming out the kaboose which can only really be bettered by giant bomb, with its constant stream of QL's and the like.

i didn't find this article funny, and although when sterling hits it on the nose it's hilarious, his last few articles haven't been as funny. Not that i care, he chruns them out so quick and really doesn't give a fuck what people say back so he's a good addition i think. 

Antony Burch is hit and miss i think, i really liked the thing he did on doctor who recently, i've got bored of Hey Ash, WBP? but his rants always raise interesting debate even if he side of the arguement isn't always right.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

The only thing that article is worth is this great analysis of what REALLY happened between Jeff and Gamespot: 

"When Jeff Gerstmann accidentally gave Kane & Lynch: Dead Men a bad review on GameSpot, he was so horrified with what he'd done that he promptly resigned from the company and has never been seen or heard from again since. Some say he dashed his own head against the stone steps outside Eidos' offices. Some say he took the cloth and joined a sect of Bavarian monks in order to cleanse his tainted soul of sin. Whatever became of him, one thing is known -- he did a very bad thing, because Kane & Lynch is one of the greatest games ever made."