the return of... GAMESMASTER!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c85872ac80d3
deactivated-5c85872ac80d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Last week rumors of a revival of 'Gamesmaster' the TV show hit the internets. And a real rumor at that, not just speculation, it was from Future Publishing themselves whom now own the rights to the show.

If your unaware of the TV show 'Gamesmaster' heres a clip of one of, if not THE greatest TV shows on video games, ever.

CLICK HERE

You have to remember also that this show was on TV during the early to late90's, before any gaming show im aware of, with the sense of humor that most videos on gaming incorporate today.

I have to say however, Im not completely sold on the idea. For me personally it would only truly work, if they had Dominik Diamond and Sir Patrick Moore back at the helm. I'm not saying it would be impossible for it to be a success otherwise, I just feel that it would most likely succeed with the same crew and format. Its just too much of a sentimental piece for gamers all over the UK for it not to be.

AND on that bomb shell, I leave you with another clip of the show that was the highlight of my week during my High School years.

www.twitter.com/markb0ss

www.youtube.com/markb0ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last week rumors of a revival of 'Gamesmaster' the TV show hit the internets. And a real rumor at that, not just speculation, it was from Future Publishing themselves whom now own the rights to the show.

If your unaware of the TV show 'Gamesmaster' heres a clip of one of, if not THE greatest TV shows on video games, ever.

CLICK HERE

You have to remember also that this show was on TV during the early to late90's, before any gaming show im aware of, with the sense of humor that most videos on gaming incorporate today.

I have to say however, Im not completely sold on the idea. For me personally it would only truly work, if they had Dominik Diamond and Sir Patrick Moore back at the helm. I'm not saying it would be impossible for it to be a success otherwise, I just feel that it would most likely succeed with the same crew and format. Its just too much of a sentimental piece for gamers all over the UK for it not to be.

AND on that bomb shell, I leave you with another clip of the show that was the highlight of my week during my High School years.

www.twitter.com/markb0ss

www.youtube.com/markb0ss
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

I doubt GamesMaster can ever be as good as people remember. There was something about the time and the incredibly cheesy setting of a church (and related weird religious things) that wouldn't translate, the only thing you could really carry forward without being a joke is a crowd of gamers and one or two people on stage playing a game.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Astras

The show really wasn't that great anyway to be honest... i used to prefer the show that replaced it with the 3 hot women on channel 4 on fri nights.. reviewing games, it was pretty cool although I can't remember the name of it.

And besides have you seen Patrick Moore lately, I saw the 'Sky at Night last week' and it looked like he didn't know what the fck was going on... he just kept mumbling YEERRRSSS and looked like he didn't know what was goin on... seems like he's my odds on favourate for my next tv personality fatality of the year.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

As an Australian lad who religiously bought all the UK games magazines (Zzap, CVG, Mean Machines et al) I always read about Gamesmaster, but never actually got to watch it.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

Gamesmaster was ahead of its time and truly a national treasure for most British gamers.

Problem is I can't see a show like it working out too well in today's environment. They better not revive it only to make me watch it die again, I couldn't handle that :(

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I only know one Game Master.

No Caption Provided
PsychicFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PsychicFreak

games master was amazing! altho yes i dont think it'd work now

kinda like how the new gladiators flopped id imagine the same thing happening

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Linkyshinks said:
" Fuck, I certainly hope not, that show was fucking terrible. I still remember that cockney twat Dexter Fletcher and that Scottish wanker with the floppy hair, Dominic Diamond.   "
Glad someone here has some sense. Gamesmaster was a complete crock of shit. Its a shame because whenever you try and point that out, some pricks overcome with nostalgia will fight you tooth and nail.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pazy:  I see where your coming from man, but I dunno, I have faith it could work if they approached it correctly.
@Astras: fair enough. Im trying to remember what show your talking about, but cant get the name! lol. So true bout Patrick Moore, but hey, the fact hes still alive is insane.
@@buzz_clik: thats a shame man, theres a few things on Youtube, hopefully some day the whole series will be on youtube, like 'Spaced' 
@Hamz: this is what im afraid of.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob

The only good game program ever made: 

Gamesmaster was just as bad as Gamezville. Yeah, I said it.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Steve_C

That show was a bit before my time, though I do have some wierd images of patrick moore floating around in my mind. Can't remember where I ever saw it. Was it on terrestrial channels?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zeforgotten
@SuperfluousMoniker: That is the only Game Master we need.