(The return of) The Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, March 1st 2015.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

Here it is, the return of the (probably not so much) long awaited Weekly Wiki Update. The last one of these I did was way back on December 1st 2014. Once the holiday season hit it was one thing after another that was keeping me busy, from work giving me more hours to needing to hit multiple Christmas celebrations to doing work on the house.

I did however do some work on the wiki throughout that time, so let's just get into it.

The Pages

So the first page I worked on since I left off way back in December was Farmville 2: Country Escape. I am certainly slightly ashamed to admit how much time I ended up "playing" this game for. I didn't do a whole ton of work on the page, but I did add an overview and a gameplay section as well as a bunch of associations.

Next up (after some very small edits) was the Christmas with Weezer game for iOS. Again, nothing too much here just an overview and some gameplay.

I also ended up putting some work into the Removed from Steam concept page adding an overview and a ton of games.

And after these I went on a string of adding basic information such as overviews and developer/date information to a bunch of page. Mixed in with these pages I also added some credits to a few games, in which I again found frustration with doing a bunch of them only to have it error out and lose it all.

I also ended up adding a whole bunch of pages for games that were added to Steam. Games are starting to come out at such a fast pace on Steam now that it is hard to keep up with them.

An incredibly small edit, but one that bugged me was removing what was basically a joke from the Puyo Puyo Tetris page. I am not sure what makes people think this is an alright thing to do in the wiki, but it sometimes makes me wonder if people do it because the Giant Bomb wiki is not seen as credible or serious.

For whatever reason I did decide to actually fill out the page for Spartans VS Zombies Defense which is a completely horrible game complete with copyright infringing audio.

Other than all of that I just did some more creating pages and filling in basic information.

Closing

And there you have it, the first Weekly Wiki Update of 2015. I would really like to get back to doing these on a weekly basis. Since it has been so incredibly long, what has everyone else been up to with their wiki workings?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'm afraid I haven't done a whole lot lately bobafettjim, been super busy with real life stuff and haven't felt inspired. I've fixed some small typos, broken associations, things like that. I have a rough draft of a massive edit for a blank franchise page that I haven't come close to finishing, but there's nothing to show for that atm.

The staff has dropped hints about the ever imminent wiki update and I think I'll probably hold off on doing too much until when/if that happens.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#2 Mento  Moderator

I completed another Wiki Project a few days ago. I'll be writing it up once I'm done with these daily MGS3 updates. (I got a few reviews I want to write too, but that's by the by.)

Next project's a big one: Super Nintendo, 1994. Almost 500 games. I've been doing preliminary work for the time being, seeing which pages need what amount of work.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@bobafettjm: That Puyo Puyo Tetris joke was over the line, but I've always felt the staff have opened for a somewhat humorous tone in the wiki, especially in the decks.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Mostly just been working on the Revelations 2 page, while creating a few Resident Evil weapon pages while I'm at it. Nice to see your wiki blog series make a return!