The Road to Mel: Pre-PAX Prime 2011 Edition

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By melcene

Hey all!  Hope you've all been having a good summer!  It's been a while, so this one will be slightly long maybe. 

Games!

Currently playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes on and off because I never really gave it a decent chance.  This also reminds me that I'll have to update my MMO list/reviews.   I'm not sure why I never really gave it a chance before.  It's not too bad. 

Went back to Age of Conan for a day or so after it went free to play.  Apparently if you had a subscription, and it's currently inactive, you can still go back to your old account, but you can only "unlock" 2-3 character slots, whether currently occupied or empty.  Must pay for additional. 

Tried the trial for Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising because I was really interested in that game years ago when I first heard of it, but it was... meh.  Not bad, but not great at all.  If you've read the recent Game Informer article on it, I'd have to say that sums it up nicely. 

Other than that, I guess I haven't played a whole lot.  Will get to the reasoning for that a bit later.    

*Edit*  Oh yeah... and I'm ticked about the whole Diablo 3 thing... online only, auction house with real cash.  Screw all that.

PAX! - Which is still Gaming!

So excited that PAX is under a week!  We got our passes last weekend.  Two three-day passes (for me and the hubby), and 2 Friday passes (for our daughter and housemate).  Hotel room for me and the hubby at the Sheraton Saturday night.  Will be AWESOME. 

Also, I'll be cosplaying for the first time ever this year!  Mad Moxxi!!!   I did, however, just decide to do this like... yesterday or so, so my costume is very last minute, very ghetto-ized.  But I think it will work out well.  I have the hat done, I have to the cuffs, collar, and buttons to the jacket, and it will be mostly done.  Will have to post pics!

Moxxi & Claptrap
Moxxi & Claptrap

TV!

Sure, GB isn't Screened, but I still like to share some of the shows I watch, because there are other fans out there. 

Alphas (SyFy Network) - X-Men meets X-files or something?  I have really been digging this show lately.  My favorite character has become the autistic kid. 

Suits (USA Network)

- It's not just that I'm a law student and this is a law show.  I love the sarcasm and witty banter in this show. 

Haven (SyFy)

- A town full of Fringe/X-files stuff.  Digging it so far.  Missed the first season, but that's okay. 

True Blood (HBO)

- Yes, I'm a truebie.  Not a big one though.  But I do have to watch my show. 

Other shows that we've been watching lately almost more for hilarity factor are Legend Quest and Ancient Aliens.  I mean seriously, Giorgio Tsoukolos's hair IS an ancient alien! 

Otherwise!

The first term of law school went well I think, but I won't know for a while, as there's a long turn-around for grades.  But it's going well.  Fall term starts on Monday.  Law school DEFINITELY puts a cramp on my gaming though.  Ah well. 

I'm still unemployed, which sucks.  I've had some interviews that went really, really well, but just never seem to pan out.  Hopefully I'll find something soon. 

As I said last time, for some reason, I never forum as much when I'm unemployed.  But I can often be found on Facebook at /melcene.  If you hit me up, let me know you're a duder. 

Finally:  Saturdays are starting to look good for Rock Band nights online for me.  I know someone from here messaged me about that on XBL, but I'm not sure who they are here.  But I'm down to do some vox for duders!
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

Hey all!  Hope you've all been having a good summer!  It's been a while, so this one will be slightly long maybe. 

Games!

Currently playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes on and off because I never really gave it a decent chance.  This also reminds me that I'll have to update my MMO list/reviews.   I'm not sure why I never really gave it a chance before.  It's not too bad. 

Went back to Age of Conan for a day or so after it went free to play.  Apparently if you had a subscription, and it's currently inactive, you can still go back to your old account, but you can only "unlock" 2-3 character slots, whether currently occupied or empty.  Must pay for additional. 

Tried the trial for Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising because I was really interested in that game years ago when I first heard of it, but it was... meh.  Not bad, but not great at all.  If you've read the recent Game Informer article on it, I'd have to say that sums it up nicely. 

Other than that, I guess I haven't played a whole lot.  Will get to the reasoning for that a bit later.    

*Edit*  Oh yeah... and I'm ticked about the whole Diablo 3 thing... online only, auction house with real cash.  Screw all that.

PAX! - Which is still Gaming!

So excited that PAX is under a week!  We got our passes last weekend.  Two three-day passes (for me and the hubby), and 2 Friday passes (for our daughter and housemate).  Hotel room for me and the hubby at the Sheraton Saturday night.  Will be AWESOME. 

Also, I'll be cosplaying for the first time ever this year!  Mad Moxxi!!!   I did, however, just decide to do this like... yesterday or so, so my costume is very last minute, very ghetto-ized.  But I think it will work out well.  I have the hat done, I have to the cuffs, collar, and buttons to the jacket, and it will be mostly done.  Will have to post pics!

Moxxi & Claptrap
Moxxi & Claptrap

TV!

Sure, GB isn't Screened, but I still like to share some of the shows I watch, because there are other fans out there. 

Alphas (SyFy Network) - X-Men meets X-files or something?  I have really been digging this show lately.  My favorite character has become the autistic kid. 

Suits (USA Network)

- It's not just that I'm a law student and this is a law show.  I love the sarcasm and witty banter in this show. 

Haven (SyFy)

- A town full of Fringe/X-files stuff.  Digging it so far.  Missed the first season, but that's okay. 

True Blood (HBO)

- Yes, I'm a truebie.  Not a big one though.  But I do have to watch my show. 

Other shows that we've been watching lately almost more for hilarity factor are Legend Quest and Ancient Aliens.  I mean seriously, Giorgio Tsoukolos's hair IS an ancient alien! 

Otherwise!

The first term of law school went well I think, but I won't know for a while, as there's a long turn-around for grades.  But it's going well.  Fall term starts on Monday.  Law school DEFINITELY puts a cramp on my gaming though.  Ah well. 

I'm still unemployed, which sucks.  I've had some interviews that went really, really well, but just never seem to pan out.  Hopefully I'll find something soon. 

As I said last time, for some reason, I never forum as much when I'm unemployed.  But I can often be found on Facebook at /melcene.  If you hit me up, let me know you're a duder. 

Finally:  Saturdays are starting to look good for Rock Band nights online for me.  I know someone from here messaged me about that on XBL, but I'm not sure who they are here.  But I'm down to do some vox for duders!