6Treehouse of Horror XVII

Collection I

1Treehouse of Horror
2Treehouse of Horror IV
3Treehouse of Horror VII
4Treehouse of Horror X
5Treehouse of Horror XIII
6Treehouse of Horror XVI

The episodes in the collections aren't in chronological order, as you can tell. Given this, I'm wondering which collection seems most appealing? Or are they all appealing? I used to really look forward to the Treehouse of Horror episodes but I stopped watching The Simpsons a long time ago. Do the newer instalments match the quality of the earlier ones (i.e., the The Shining parody)?

Are any of these collections worth it?

#2 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

Anyone?

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

iTunes. Worth it?

#4 Edited by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Since you didn't include a price, I'm going to assume the collection costs $2.4 billion. So, no, I wouldn't pay billions of dollars for Simpsons episodes.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would say no. itunes isn't worth it. i don't like apple, apple products.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

It is a sham that they are not in order. Then you could only buy the good ones.

#7 Posted by The_Ruiner (1139 posts) -

fuck yes

#8 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4987 posts) -

Whichever collection has the one where Homer enters the Third Dimension.

#9 Edited by ripelivejam (4857 posts) -

buy seasons 3-9 on dvd cheap used. fin.

edit: 1 and 2 as well if you're feeling really nostalgic.

#10 Posted by PenguinDust (12629 posts) -

Not for me. I already have the first dozen seasons on DVD and that's two seasons more than I need. I remember was a rumor going around that FOX was floating an All-Simpsons channel for cable/satellite. I think it was supposed to go up when the series was finally over. Anyway, Treehouse of Horror is good, but there are better episodes out. Now if this is just a Halloween thing, then catch Treehouse II with the Monkey's Paw segment. That one is classic.

These shows usually run 2 dollars each online. You can buy a whole season on DVD for under $20 which evens out to less than a buck an episode.

#11 Posted by wafflez (528 posts) -

I own all the dvds up to season 13. I'd recommend doing that.

#12 Edited by Loop_ (14 posts) -

I'm only interested in the Treehouse of Horror episodes.

The collections are 12.99 each.

#13 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

I'm assuming 12.99 for each collection. At that price I would say yes if you want to have the treehouse of horror episodes. I don't remember which is which though so I can't give you advice on which to get.

#14 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Definitely worth it.

#15 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

12.99 each fuuuck that shiiittt

#16 Posted by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

Not worth it. for $39 you could probably get the first ten complete seasons on DVD now, with their great insider commentary from the creators.

#17 Posted by Nightriff (5337 posts) -

No because the only good treehouse episodes are 1 through 6

#18 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

$12.99 for each collection. The individual episodes are $2.49 each.

#19 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

Now that I've clarified the particulars, any other responses?

#20 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1092 posts) -

If you want it then get it. I enjoyed 90% of the Tree house of Horror.

#21 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Even when some of that later seasons were meh, the Treehouse Episodes were still good.

#22 Posted by big_jon (5783 posts) -

I just watched those, it was fun.

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

This seems like some elaborate bot that is tell us to go buy these episodes. I dunno.

#24 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

I'm just worried about one of these collections turning out to be not that great...

Given the way they organized it, I guess there's a guarantee that there will be at least a couple good ones.

#25 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

This seems like some elaborate bot that is tell us to go buy these episodes. I dunno.

Seriously?

#26 Posted by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -

@Loop_ said:

@Phatmac said:

Seriously?

Did your sister just buy provocative swimwear?

#27 Posted by Loop_ (14 posts) -

Any other thoughts on the OP?

#28 Edited by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I'd say your best bet is to look at tv.com and see which set has the best episodes based on ratings.

The first one has The Shining episode. So I'd be really tempted to grab it based on that.

#29 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

I could look this up but uck it I'm drunk. How many seasons are they at now?

#30 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

if you are a big simpsons fan i guess it is. i would rather buy it on blu ray tho.

#31 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

torrents FTW

#32 Posted by Keavy_Rain (131 posts) -

@fuzzybunny566 said:

torrents FTW

Some of us like to pay for our stuff.

Also, some of us make our living off of the services that sell digital content, so think about the hard-working people trying to make a living that you're ripping off when you download stuff for free.

#33 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Maybe if those who made their living on such services saw fit to make said services better than the free services, some of us would pay for more stuff.

If iTunes is literally the only place I'm able to legitimately purchase a piece of media, I'll find a different way to acquire said media. I have no problem purchasing stuff from Amazon or directly from an artist's website, but fuck iTunes.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Whichever collection has the one where Homer enters the Third Dimension.
Mmmmm... Erotic cakes...
#35 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

@Keavy_Rain: i was merely suggesting another method of obtaining said episodes, since there was such split over the monetary value versus quality of the halloween eps. i did not mean to offend, and i apologize if my statement was in bad taste.

#36 Posted by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

I'm gonna say no?

#37 Posted by Keavy_Rain (131 posts) -

@fuzzybunny566: I wasn't offended, just thought it woud be funny to play the role of "Internet asshole who makes you feel bad for torrenting." Personally, I don't care where you get your stuff. I'd like you to obtain it legally, but I do know that not everyone can spare $10 for a CD when gas prices are creeping up on $5 a gallon and no one's seen a pay raise that matches cost of living and/or inflation in four years.

@Ravenlight: I recently got fucked when the iTunes Season 4 Season Pass of Regular Show closed early and the remaining epsiodes were moved to the Volume 5 season pass.

Also, if I want to buy Game of Thrones or Homeland off of iTunes I have to wait until they are out on DVD and Blu-ray. I don't get to buy the episodes as they air. Who's to blame? The content providers.

If your issue lies with the walled garden, blame Steve Jobs. I'm VERY unhappy with the changes made with iOS 6 and I hope the anger over it leads to the walls coming down, but I doubt it.

#38 Posted by AlexW00d (6435 posts) -

12.99 for 6 episodes? Hell no.

#39 Posted by MocBucket62 (1259 posts) -

No

#40 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

@Keavy_Rain: aha! you got me, then. nice one, hehe.