The Smug Official E3 Predictions Thread

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

What are your E3 predictions?  Not hopes, but things you actually expect to happen.

I haven't been following it super closely (the whole pre-e3 rumor scene), but I'm pretty sure we can assume this
- Forza 3
- Perfect Dark XBLA
- Perfect Dark 2 (remember guys, even if you disliked PDZ,  you have to realize that was suppose to be a gamecube game, then xbox, then 360 where it felt kind of rushed)
- Killer Instinct 3 (unfortunately)
- Lionhead new IP

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CenturionCajun

I haven't heard about any rumors of a new Perfect Dark game but it stands to reason that Rare would continue to port old classics onto XBLA. As for Killer Instinct I would seriously be doubting that.

The new Lionhead thing is pretty much confirmed at this point.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Killer Instinct 3 (unfortunately)"
O . O  I knew you were weird, but crazy to boot?!

Fulgore, T.J. Combo, Orchid, Sabrewulf, Cynder...I...I need it.  I NEED MY MOTHERFUCKING KILLER INSTINCT!!!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

From Microsoft, I'd expect a lot of Halo Our Damn Shitty Title info, with some other press bullshit that we can all expect from all of them. Probably some Rare stuff as well. From Sony, I'd put money on seeing LittleBigPlanet PSP, as well as Ratchet and Clank suff. From Nintendo, it's guaranteed that we'll see Pikmin 3. I also expect info on the new Zelda, and maybe the introduction of new Wii colors.

That's what I have for the big 3.
SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SenatorSpacer
  • Forza 3 shown.
  • Gears 2 Campagin DLC, Too Human DLC, 
  • ODST gameplay shown.
  • Perfect Dark XBLA + Killer Instinct XBLA + Front Mission XBLA  + More XBLA games.
  • 1 Rare game shown, I'm betting on KI3.
  • Lionheads new IP.
  • Lost Planet 2 stuff. Exclusive DLC probably.
  • Dead Rising 2 stuff. Exclusive DLC probably.
  • New Full Body Motion/You're in the Movies 2 + More Casual Crap. 
  • Duke Nuke 'em Forever, 360/PC only.
  • Last Showing, Alan Wake.

I doubt all of that will happen though.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
CenturionCajun said:
"As for Killer Instinct I would seriously be doubting that."
ORLY?

The only thing that has been holding back Killer Instinct 3 from happening is the fact that Midway still have publishing rights.  However, now that shit isn't looking so hot for them, I would imagine that they would be willing to work out some kind of deal to get whatever money they can.

Also...Battletoads.  We got the teaser in Banjo-Kazooie, and for some reason, it's just hard to believe that Rare would throw that in there sooooo abundantly without working on it.
SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SenatorSpacer
jakob187 said:
"CenturionCajun said:
"As for Killer Instinct I would seriously be doubting that."
ORLY?

The only thing that has been holding back Killer Instinct 3 from happening is the fact that Midway still have publishing rights.  However, now that shit isn't looking so hot for them, I would imagine that they would be willing to work out some kind of deal to get whatever money they can.

Also...Battletoads.  We got the teaser in Banjo-Kazooie, and for some reason, it's just hard to believe that Rare would throw that in there sooooo abundantly without working on it.
"
I'm pretty sure that it was just a joke, they even mentioned Grabed by the Ghoulies 2 :P
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Systech
  • Microsoft will shift their press conference back to a more general gamer (18-30 year old male) audience and Sony will spend less money on trying to "class things up" and focus on the big picture.
  • Capcom will bring a lot to the table with gameplay footage of Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, and possibly another revival or a brand new IP.
  • I'm skeptical, but it's possible there could be a new Conker game announced.
  • Nintendo will try a little harder to get the long-time fans excited with the announcement of the next console Zelda and Pikmin.
  • New "sort of" MGS announced with an awkwardly confusing teaser.
  • Bethesda announces Elder Scrolls V officially.
  • Microsoft's big games to show off will be Mass Effect 2, Halo 3: Recon (will always be Recon to me), The Beatles: Rock Band, and maybe even Alan Wake.
  • Sony will be trucking along with God of War III, MAG, and Final Fantasy XIII.
  • Nintendo... Well, those guys always do weird shit.
  • I'm praying for some Mother (Earthbound) support from them though.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By crunchUK
PREDICTION THAT COMES TRUE: A LOAD OF CRAP ABOUT MOTION SENSING THAT NOBODY REALLY WANTS OT HEAR ABOUT
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
crunchUK said:
"PREDICTION THAT COMES TRUE: A LOAD OF CRAP ABOUT MOTION SENSING THAT NOBODY REALLY WANTS OT HEAR ABOUT"
Yeah, pretty much definite.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Willy105

Nintendo trying to be Apple.

Microsoft trying to be Nintendo.

Sony trying to be Microsoft.

OnLive trying to be Sony.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ
  • News on the upcoming Pokemon Gold/Silver Remake
  • Mass Effect 2 News-Demo
  • Golden Sun (Please, someone make this happen)
  • Zelda
  • Is Marvel Vs Capcom 2 coming out before E3? If it does, expect a M vs C 3 announcement
  • A new wave race/1080 wouldnt shock me
  • Jet Set Wii (Its going to happen sometime)
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Guys, I know it's tempting, but my original intent of this thread was to see what people really think will happen, not want.  Because honestly, the way in hell is there going to be a new Earthbound game....

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

jakob187 said:

"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Killer Instinct 3 (unfortunately)"
O . O  I knew you were weird, but crazy to boot?!

Fulgore, T.J. Combo, Orchid, Sabrewulf, Cynder...I...I need it.  I NEED MY MOTHERFUCKING KILLER INSTINCT!!!
"

It's not that I don't like the series, I played a bit of it (never owned it) back on N64 as well as the arcade version, and to be honest it's a good fighting series, easily one of the funnest.
However, how much can you do with a fighting game?  There's not a huge amount of room for innovation and fresh ideas which Rare has been kicking ass at lately.  Unless Rare is the company that is going to revolutionize the genre, I would rather see a new platformer or hell, even a new shooter.  Really would prefer a platformer and rpg/adventure combination.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nicholasotzs
SynisterSpacer said:
Oh you.
austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By austinj

Microsoft - A ton of info/hype on Halo ODST, perhaps a tease of the next exclusive GTA DLC, Perfect Dark XBLA, a new entry into one of Jakob's Rare suggestions, and to cap it all off, a "shocking" turn of events were MS has stripped the exclusivity off of one of Sony's big titles... or perhaps gets exclusivity to something like Max Payne 3.

Sony - PSP Go!, God of War III, Uncharted 2, possibly a new PS3 Jak and Daxter, LBP PSP, Motorstorm PSP, Rock Band Unplugged. (can't think of any huge surprises from Sony... maybe some new LA Noir info, or Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement)

Nintendo - (HOPEFULLY) Game Boy Virtual Handheld for DSi, Zelda: Spirit Tracks, a new spin-off game for the Wii featuring a beloved Nintendo character (Luigi's Mansion 2, anyone?), Pikmin 3.

Other - Harmonix reveals the super cool Lego Rock Band/ Beatles Instruments. Activision/Red Octane show a Van Halen guitar that looks like the Frankenstein model. Kojima hints at some new game with an obscure teaser.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Killer Instinct 3?.... Uh, I guess?...Kinda random, though.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By vidiot
CenturionCajun said:
"I haven't heard about any rumors of a new Perfect Dark game but it stands to reason that Rare would continue to port old classics onto XBLA. As for Killer Instinct I would seriously be doubting that.The new Lionhead thing is pretty much confirmed at this point."
Here.

It makes sense that a Perfect Dark XBLA release would be done. To be honest I'm surprised it wasn't done sooner and the the ill-fated GolenEye XBLA port was being done before this.

"Bean" on the other hand, given the same logo for PDZ, looks like some sort of new Perfect Dark related property. The name is most likely a codename for the project, or for another Rare release of somesort.
SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SenatorSpacer
Nicholasotzs said:
"SynisterSpacer said:
Oh you."
Just guessing :P
IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By IVIorpheus
AustinJ said:
"Microsoft - A ton of info/hype on Halo ODST.

I would be very surprised if there wasn't this....
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By RHCPfan24

Perfect Dark for XBLA is gonna happen! I already made a thread on it and vidiot has the continued evidence! I will be heard! Wait, what are you doing? Those needles will make me happy......zzzzzzzzzz...

austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By austinj

Is Perfect Dark a franchise that will really have people excited? I know that PDZ sold well, but I think you can chalk that up for being a launch title. I would guess Rare would make a Battletoads or Killer Instinct game before putting out a whole new Perfect Dark.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CenturionCajun

They've already announced the next Jak and Daxter AustinJ. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be coming out on the PS2 and PSP this fall. Yes, I agree that's a bizarre choice.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SenatorSpacer
AustinJ said:
"Is Perfect Dark a franchise that will really have people excited? I know that PDZ sold well, but I think you can chalk that up for being a launch title. I would guess Rare would make a Battletoads or Killer Instinct game before putting out a whole new Perfect Dark."
For Microsoft is makes sense, Perfect Dark Zero is the best selling game that has came out of Rare this generation. Alongside Viva Pinata 1.
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Coltonio7
systech said:
"
  • Microsoft will shift their press conference back to a more general gamer (18-30 year old male) audience and Sony will spend less money on trying to "class things up" and focus on the big picture.
  • Capcom will bring a lot to the table with gameplay footage of Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, and possibly another revival or a brand new IP.
  • I'm skeptical, but it's possible there could be a new Conker game announced.
  • Nintendo will try a little harder to get the long-time fans excited with the announcement of the next console Zelda and Pikmin.
  • New "sort of" MGS announced with an awkwardly confusing teaser.
  • Bethesda announces Elder Scrolls V officially.
  • Microsoft's big games to show off will be Mass Effect 2, Halo 3: Recon (will always be Recon to me), The Beatles: Rock Band, and maybe even Alan Wake.
  • Sony will be trucking along with God of War III, MAG, and Final Fantasy XIII.
  • Nintendo... Well, those guys always do weird shit.
  • I'm praying for some Mother (Earthbound) support from them though.
"
This.
austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By austinj
CenturionCajun said:
"They've already announced the next Jak and Daxter AustinJ. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be coming out on the PS2 and PSP this fall. Yes, I agree that's a bizarre choice."
I was aware of this, but it still wouldn't shock me if a full current-gen entry in the series was announced soon.
SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SenatorSpacer
AustinJ said:
"CenturionCajun said:
"They've already announced the next Jak and Daxter AustinJ. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier will be coming out on the PS2 and PSP this fall. Yes, I agree that's a bizarre choice."
I was aware of this, but it still wouldn't shock me if a full current-gen entry in the series was announced soon."
There better be a PS3 one.
austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By austinj
SynisterSpacer said:
"AustinJ said:
"CenturionCajun said:
I was aware of this, but it still wouldn't shock me if a full current-gen entry in the series was announced soon."
There better be a PS3 one.
"
There has to be at some point in the future. Those games sell for Sony, and sales are what they need.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CenturionCajun

Naughty Dog has said that they are concentrating on Uncharted at the moment. This new game is being made by another developer. I agree that sometime in the future we're bound to see a PS3 Jak and Daxter at the moment it looks like they're being used to keep the PS2 alive and get another good PSP game.

austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By austinj
CenturionCajun said:
"Naughty Dog has said that they are concentrating on Uncharted at the moment. This new game is being made by another developer. I agree that sometime in the future we're bound to see a PS3 Jak and Daxter at the moment it looks like they're being used to keep the PS2 alive and get another good PSP game."

Makes sense. Oh well, maybe next E3 :-(
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By matthew
  • Versus XIII is heading to the Dreamcast as well.
  • Modern Warefare 2 is releasing the day after E3 ends.
  • The PSP mark 2 is actually going to be the next iteration of the iPhone.
  • OJ really didn't do it...
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33  Edited By Geno

- Onlive Beta
- Guild Wars 2
- PS3 price drop

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By danielkempster
SmugDarkLoser said:
"What are your E3 predictions?  Not hopes, but things you actually expect to happen.I haven't been following it super closely (the whole pre-e3 rumor scene), but I'm pretty sure we can assume this- Forza 3- Perfect Dark XBLA- Perfect Dark 2 (remember guys, even if you disliked PDZ,  you have to realize that was suppose to be a gamecube game, then xbox, then 360 where it felt kind of rushed)- Killer Instinct 3 (unfortunately)- Lionhead new IP"
No mention of Metal Gear Solid 4 possibly coming to the 360... Who are you and what have you done with the real SmugDarkLoser?!
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

My predictions:

Microsoft:

• Alan Wake.
  • Killer Instinct III.
  • Perfect Dark XBLA.
  • Some Motion Control/Eye Toy/Casual thing.
  • Lots of talking about Sony.

Sony:

• New gameplay trailers of all the big previously announced titles: God Of War III, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, Ratchet, you know the ones...
  • Team ICO announcement and first trailer.
  • PSP Go! Announcement.
  • PSP game demonstrations: Motorstorm Arctic Edge, LBP PSP, Jak Lost Frontier, you know the ones.
  • Firmware announcement and simultaneous "roll-out".
  • Casual gaming focus: new Buzz!, Singstar, Eye Pet, etc - leading into...
  • ... Motion Control announcement.
  • Lots of talking about Microsoft.

Nintendo:

• Lots of talking about themselves.
  • Pikmin 3.
  • Sin & Punishment 2.
  • 30 second Zelda teaser...
  • ... followed by megaton 30 second Mario teaser.
  • Loads of casual stuff.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shadow

Mass Effect 2 release date (October)
Condemned 3: Brutal Beginnings
The Elder Scrolls: Aliad Golden Age
GRAW 3
Legend of Zelda: Missing Link

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tekmojo

A "serious" next-gen Nintendo console. If not then release all that new motion control stuff for the PS3 and 360.

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By greennoodles

Nintendo- New Mario Blank game (some sport or something) Maybe a new DSI only Animal crossing. Lots of wii-motion plus stuff. New Zelda Teaser

Sony- Big PSP Push with PSP GO!, God Of War 3 video, Home stuff (remember, its still in beta....) Rockstar Exclusive Info

MS- Halo ODST Stuff, MW2 On Stage playthrough, more GTA4 DLC, New Viva Pinata, maybe fully online (I know they dont sell well, but they are good and they keep making them) Perfect Dark  on XBOX Live a new Kart Racer from Rare (kind of a stretch) Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake. Also some agreement with another online service (twitter or facebook maybe)

OnLive- It works!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
greennoodles said:
 New Viva Pinata,

Rare said it's not going to happen.  They said VP2 was essentially the game that completed what they had envisioned for the series.  It's done, at least for a while.  I'm pretty sure they said the VP team has moved on to work on another project non viva pinata related.
Sure Vp will live on as a brand name as it's had a mini game spin off and a tv series, but I doubt they'll make another core VP anytime soon
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Megalon

I'm really hoping we see something about C&C Generals 2. There have been rumors and stuff, but nothing solid. 

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#41  Edited By TobyD81

Nintendo: Red Steel 2, Zelda Spirit Tracks, DSi Ware, motion plus, New Super Mario Bros 2 (I wish!), plenty of potential areas to excite the gamer enthusiasts but I'm not holding my breath

Sony: MAG, God of War 3, PSP Go official unveiling and availability date, some of the initial PSP Go lineup, LBP on PSP, possible mention of some recent and upcoming Home spaces (which will be terribly underwhelming), lots of numbers and talking in front of enormous monitors.

Microsoft: Forza 3, Halo ODST this Fall, "NXE and Netflix are super-successful, and here are the new features for the Fall update," most potential for unexpected unveilings, new avatar features (possibly part of the Fall update but hopefully sooner), Twitter or Facebook integration would be pretty awesome