The songs I(and you!) want to download in 2009.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

Aight. So this is not really a continuation of my Anticipation - 09 list. This is just something I felt I wanted to do right now. Here´s some songs I REALLY want to play in either Rock Band or Guitar Hero World Tour in the coming year. In no particular order, these are just songs that has popped up in my head as songs that would be awesome to rock out on after a couple of beers !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slipknot - Psychosocial
Awesome guitar riffs, one of the most skilled drummers in history and both heavy and harmonic vocals with plenty of text to learn. And hey, they are still a NINE man band. Dont you want to try to play that with four instruments? Psychosocial is a very perfected Slipknot song that dosent go too far back to the chaotic days were Slipknot just sounded bad. Psychosocial balances on the fine line of agression and nuances and have become one of my current favorite songs. Its really pretty silly that they still feel they need to have those masks on but hey, I´ve guess they´ve built up their name with those masks on so more power to them. But its just a bit misleading now when their music isnt as agressive as their masks and when their musical talent far proceeds other similar nu-metal bands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bullet for My Valentine - Tears Dont Fall
After getting "Scream, Aim, Fire" in GH: World Tour I of course want more from one of m y favorite bands of all time. BFMV was arguable more "emo" back in the "Tears dont fall" days and this video is through the roof on the emo meter. I dont think I can watch the whole thing to this day. That dosent stop this song from being awesome tho. Bullet is such a perfect plastic instrument fit. These guys makes songs that is pure joy to play through. I can see myself playing this one on any of the instruments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m_MJX58qk8
Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder
This is one of those songs that I dont really listen to alot anymore but if someone where to ask me what my favorite songs of all time were this is one of those that just pops up in my head. It might not be the truth but the Text, the melody and the bassline in "Getting away with murder" is KICK ASS. If I hear this song once its stuck in my head for days. At this point I´ve heard it enough times to pick up the mic and nail the whole text if I had to so I´d probably start there and then jump on bass. Probably Papa Roach best song. Video is waay out of sync so just listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45aH27Rvj7o
What is your dream songs for the coming year? I dont want to say that this are my absolute dreamsongs, its just songs that have randdomly popped up in my head when I thought about it. Theres probably 10 other songs that I cant think of right now that I´d rather play but for now I´d say these would be pretty awesome.
jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

Aight. So this is not really a continuation of my Anticipation - 09 list. This is just something I felt I wanted to do right now. Here´s some songs I REALLY want to play in either Rock Band or Guitar Hero World Tour in the coming year. In no particular order, these are just songs that has popped up in my head as songs that would be awesome to rock out on after a couple of beers !
Slipknot - Psychosocial
Awesome guitar riffs, one of the most skilled drummers in history and both heavy and harmonic vocals with plenty of text to learn. And hey, they are still a NINE man band. Dont you want to try to play that with four instruments? Psychosocial is a very perfected Slipknot song that dosent go too far back to the chaotic days were Slipknot just sounded bad. Psychosocial balances on the fine line of agression and nuances and have become one of my current favorite songs. Its really pretty silly that they still feel they need to have those masks on but hey, I´ve guess they´ve built up their name with those masks on so more power to them. But its just a bit misleading now when their music isnt as agressive as their masks and when their musical talent far proceeds other similar nu-metal bands.

Bullet for My Valentine - Tears Dont Fall
After getting "Scream, Aim, Fire" in GH: World Tour I of course want more from one of m y favorite bands of all time. BFMV was arguable more "emo" back in the "Tears dont fall" days and this video is through the roof on the emo meter. I dont think I can watch the whole thing to this day. That dosent stop this song from being awesome tho. Bullet is such a perfect plastic instrument fit. These guys makes songs that is pure joy to play through. I can see myself playing this one on any of the instruments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m_MJX58qk8
Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder
This is one of those songs that I dont really listen to alot anymore but if someone where to ask me what my favorite songs of all time were this is one of those that just pops up in my head. It might not be the truth but the Text, the melody and the bassline in "Getting away with murder" is KICK ASS. If I hear this song once its stuck in my head for days. At this point I´ve heard it enough times to pick up the mic and nail the whole text if I had to so I´d probably start there and then jump on bass. Probably Papa Roach best song. Video is waay out of sync so just listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45aH27Rvj7o
What is your dream songs for the coming year? I dont want to say that this are my absolute dreamsongs, its just songs that have randdomly popped up in my head when I thought about it. Theres probably 10 other songs that I cant think of right now that I´d rather play but for now I´d say these would be pretty awesome.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

New Slayer!!!11!!!1!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

And don't judge the song by the beggiing, because it's a different one by the end.
jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimbo_n

Yea I love Hormone. I almost posted Koi No Megalover myself. Great song.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By tmthomsen

Couldn't agree more with Getting away with murder. That song is just awesome.

Would also like to see more of System of a Down, Scars on Broadway and Serj Tankian.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Y2Ken

Big SoaD fan then? ;)

Do love Getting away with Murder. Personally I prefer newer Bullet to the previous album, both are good but I like the direction the second one wandered in. Slash apparently doing a solo album this year so I'll look forward to that. Current goal is to listen to more Blind Guardian.