The stack of shame and filling in the blanks 2008-present

Perilion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi everyone.

I, like most of you reading this have way too many games that I've bought and not played, or half finished. My aim is to fix this as best I can.

My aim is to play to completion (maybe even get the plat trophy if the game is good enough) the "top" games of each year starting from 2008 to present. My initial plan was to listen to the Giantbomb game of the year deliberations to create my short list for each period, however these contain spoilers after a certain point, and as it is my aim to play these games I've missed, this sort of defeats the point.

I guess I'm coming to the community on this one as I'm not sure where else to go. I had thought about using Wikipedia's list of games released in a year and cross-referencing the review scores to see if they are worth it, but I'm not so sure that is a particularly fun approach. If anyone knows of a good list, or maybe one on Giantbomb I am just totally overlooking please let me know.

The reason for me doing this is that I have lots of games I want to play, however I tend to just stare at the shelf hoping one will jump out at me as the correct choice and starting point. I figured if I approached this in a similar fashion to Drew with Metal Gear, play stuff in order along side other titles released the same year for context as to where the industry was at, it would be a more enjoyable and interesting experience.

If no one has any pre-made lists they think cover the important titles of the year, I'll start taking suggestions if anyone feels like helping out! Also, PC / PS3 / DS only, I currently don't own any Microsoft consoles (I'll make an effort to go back and play the Gears and Halo series at a later date).

I feel as though the last generation of consoles was a very good one, it had some low points (imo 2012) but there was a lot of good games over the generation.

Thanks!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

I have a list that pretty much covers the cream of the crop for 2010, so that's a start. I think there's only one Xbox-exclusive title on that list, but I don't really remember. I also don't remember anything about years prior to/following 2010 so hopefully others can fill you in about those.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

GTA 5

MGS 4

Faloutout 3

Dead Space

Gears of war 2

Burnout pardise

Fable 2

post again in 6 months and I will give 2009

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SadPatrol

@thebrokenpinion: I think you mean GTA 4.

I'd add to his list little big planet, Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead, and Prince of Persia.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Perilion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great cheers. I have a few of these. Fallout 3... Man I loved that, issue I had was I restarted multiple times to try get a perfect spec, totally stupid and I burned out. Need to go back...