The Stupidest Game You've Ever Played?

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EliasT

I'd have to say Moonbase Alpha for the PC, because it tries so hard to be serious, but it's impossible to take seriously. First off, you're as slow as a turtle (even with the auto-run feature enabled), second of all, the objectives for your missions are really cryptic (the game is multiplayer focused, by the way) and hard to succeed in completing. But here's what makes the game a guilty pleasure: 1. zero gravity space rovers you can drive around in. 2. a text-to-speech option. I can't tell you how much fun I had doing sick jumps in a range rover while spamming the chat box with profanities and random bullshit.

What is the stupidest game you've played Giant Bomb?

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Probably Postal, it's still fun though.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Belonpopo

Modern Warfare 2.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blazerx9x

well, a game in general... probably pin the tail on the donkey.... but video game, I saaay, need for speed pro street, I HATE that game

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Interfect
@Belonpopo said:

" Modern Warfare 2. "

BOOM! 

On topic probably Mercenariness 2 for the PS2. It some how managed to take everything good about the original. AND THROW IT ALL AWAY!
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kmdrkul

Katamari Damacy of course, but that was a good kind of stupid, if that makes sense.

Modern Warfare 2 (the story) was the bad kind of stupid. 

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpiralStairs

Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.

Also the Saint's Row games, but they were stupid on purpose.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TeamJersey

MW2...I AGREE.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss
@SpiralStairs said:
 the Saint's Row games, but they were stupid on purpose.
Pretty good call right there.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
" Probably Postal, it's still fun though. "
man you're tripping
megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By megalowho

Enviro-Bear 2010 for the iPhone/Touch is pretty stupid. Neat idea, but it's up there on the stupid list

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EliasT

Also, Dave Mirra BMX 2, holy shit, that game wasn't very fun as far as objective based extreme sports games go. But man, the hilarious ass crashes made the entire game great.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Levio

Personally, it was Dawn of War 2.  The game seemed pretty fun, but some really "stupid" things held it back for me.  Incredibly slow movement speeds, units that would disobey orders, losing exp by dying to unstoppable burst damage, and units would just never move exactly how you ordered them to.

When I play an rts, I expect units to just move in a straight line, like in SC.  These dudes would have to slide around to setup guns, take time to turn in place, get stuck in animations from which you couldn't order them for 3 whole seconds...

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EliasT
@Levio said:

" Personally, it was Dawn of War 2.  The game seemed pretty fun, but some really "stupid" things held it back for me.  Incredibly slow movement speeds, units that would disobey orders, losing exp by dying to unstoppable burst damage, and units would just never move exactly how you ordered them to.  When I play an rts, I expect units to just move in a straight line, like in SC.  These dudes would have to slide around to setup guns, take time to turn in place, get stuck in animations from which you couldn't order them for 3 whole seconds... "

Wrong interpretation of what I meant by "stupid", look at a few of the posts above you, including mine. This means a game that was probably poorly made in quite a few aspects, but because of the stupid things you could do in it that made it fun, but you can cut out the former if you'd like.
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By shivermetimbers
@Roflwaffles said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY said:

" @Roflwaffles said:

" Stupidest isn't a word. "

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupidest "
I don't see how that proves stupidest is a word. The only word it has defined there is stupid. The superlative form of stupid is most stupid, not stupidest. "
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! Seriously, the word you're thinking of is "stupider." Stupider isn't a word. On topic: I would have to say Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Dooops

Wayne's World on the NES... but I just wanted to check it out so I did on an emulator.... luckily! :P
ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ectoplasma

Uno, that game is so brainless.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Marmaladebrat

Noby Noby Boy. Pretty stupid game, truly in the meaning of the word stupid.

Did they ever reach the next planet?
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By shivermetimbers
@Roflwaffles said:
" @shivermetimbers:  You mean that's the most stupid thing you've ever heard. "
See if this sounds right: there's stupid, then more stupid, then most stupid. That's stupid! That's even more stupid! That's most stupid!
Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tricks73r

Touching on the Dave Mirra bit; how could you mention 2, and not XXX?!

But anyhow, it's a toss up between Akimbo: Kung-fu hero and Spawn: The Eternal. Two Worlds comes in third for sure; but I wouldn't put that at the top of any list.

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InTheEnd

So there's this game called Persona 3: FES. I don't even know what the "FES" stands for, so don't ask. The game revolves around a group of teenagers who have this special power called Persona which is a god or other supernatural entity that's supposed to represent them. They use their Personae to kill other supernatural entities called Shadows, basically lost souls. To do this, what do they do? Focus? Call out their Pokemons? NO! They shoot themselves in the head. WTF?  

Upon watching the various menu intro's with motifs of teenagers holding guns to their heads and all the text telling that you are going to die, you'll start the game and see the first animated cutscene. In it you see some chick trying to commit suicide, lovely. Then coffins and shit appear everywhere and moon turns green, yet the main character doesn't seem to mind. Our protagonist then enters his dorm and is forced to sign some contract by a creepy kid in pajamas. Immediately after the same chick who tried to kill herself pulls a gun on you and almost turns you into swiss cheese. Luckily she's stopped by one of her older peers. As soon as you settle in the same people (wearing nazi arm bands) start spying on you, talking about your "potential."  

Of course everything goes south and you have to GTFO the dorm. Looking for an escape you and the chick who tried to kill both herself and you run up to the roof. You are attacked by the Shadows and the chick tries to kill herself again but the gun get knocked out of her hands and in a moment of pure insanity you grab the gun out of a puddle of blood, rest the barrel on your temple, utter "per-sona", and pull the trigger. Instead of an eruption of blood and bits of brain, glass shatters and you summon your very first Persona which promptly goes apeshit and explodes into a bigger Persona. Your persona reverts back and then you fight some shadows.  

Like any good SMT game, you are quickly introduced to the tower dungeon you'll be spending most of your time at and incidentally, it is also your school. During the day you play trivia games (the teacher asks you questions) and socialize through what are called "Social Links". Socializing with other people plays much like a dating sim, but unlike most Japanese dating sims, you are not rewarded with hot steamy sex which, for the female, is a humiliating enterprise. In lieu of watching your character's footlong pumping gallons of semen into every sizable orifice; you get bonuses when fusing your Personae together to make more powerful ones. At night you grind the dungeon, grind your stats, or in some cases, grind more Social Links. Interestingly enough the social links are still suggestive (in the case of females) in that the game encourages you to hit on every girl you see and you always manage to "Share a special moment" despite being a cheating bastard. You can also go for a robot which as machineguns for hands. Did I mention the game has a female robot? 

BoomSnapClap13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BoomSnapClap13

NPPL Championship Paintball 2009.. I love paintball, but I am embarrassed to have this game in my collection. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn

Final Fantasy (Any Number)

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Ghostiet

BMX XXX.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EliasT
@Tricks73r said:
" Touching on the Dave Mirra bit; how could you mention 2, and not XXX?!  But anyhow, it's a toss up between Akimbo: Kung-fu hero and Spawn: The Eternal. Two Worlds comes in third for sure; but I wouldn't put that at the top of any list. "
Well did BMX XXX have ragdoll physics? If so I'm buying that shit in the next 10 minutes.
DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By DXmagma

STUPIDEST? probably FF13. no logic at all.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By apathylad

I dunno, the Burger King games? They're pretty entertaining in a "what is this I don't even" sort of way. 

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By bonbolapti
Diary Girl for the DS. Which also happens to be the most amazing game I've ever played.