With the rise of PS3 ownership lately I thought it was pretty important to compile a list of PS3 games that are exclusive or just great to play on the PS3. Hopefully, this list is enough to help new PS3 owners decide what they want to get and play. The games in the list come in of no particular order nor categorisation since a lot of games these days tend to blend genres in together. However, there are three different categories I will put the games in; "Exclusives", games that are only availiable on the PS3 system, "Multi-platform", games that fair better or just as well as their 360 counter-parts and "PSN", games that are only availiable on the PSN network (can include PS1 ports as well).
This is a work in progress list so don't expect everything on it for now though I will try do make this as quickly as possible.
This is a community list so if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please do so and I'll see what I can do!
Update: Added a Multiplayer section and added some other games. The multiplayer section is reserved for games that are primarily multiplayer, or focus on mulitplayer. Also, I think I'll give PS1 games a whole category of their own since it never dawned on me how much PSN games there were.
For a list of DS games, chech The Decisive Quality DS List.
For a list of Wii games, check The Consumate Wii List.
For a list of PS3 games, check The Fabulous PSP Games List.
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots - Mixing action and stealth in a cinematic style, MGS4 is the fourth and final chapter of the MGS series. Follow the footsteps of the legendary soldier, Solid Snake as he engages his final mission as he encounters old friends and foes.
- Uncharted - Throw in Prince of Persia with the Tomb Raider series in big pot and mash 'em together and you'll get Uncharted. With the combination of running, jumping and gunning down enemies in beautiful and exotic environments, Uncharted follows the adventures of the likable and humourous protagonist, Nathan Drake as he travels the world for precious treasures.
- LittleBigPlanet - If there's one game that you can grab and cuddle with, it would be LittleBigPlanet. This platforming game oozes with charm as you (the Sackboy) run around the custom made levels designed and uploaded by the LBP community. Feel free to create, design and play in levels of your own with the powerful and easy to use level designer.
- Killzone 2 - Take the fight to the oppressive Helghast as you battle through gritty environments in this sci-fi based first person shooter. Technically impressive graphics and a strong multiplayer system makes Killzone 2 an excellent choice for most PS3 owners.
- inFAMOUS - Life seemed normal enough for Cole McGrath, a simple bike messenger living in Empire City. Suddenly his life is turned upside down when he finds himself caught in a huge explosion that grants him a mysterious superpower that allows him to manipulate electricity. Explore the world in this third person open world action game as you use your powers for good or evil.
- Valkyria Chronicles - Defend the borders of your homeland as you take command of Squad 7 under the guise of Welkin Gunther as they fight off the armies of the powerful Empire in the fictionl continent of Europa. Valkyria Chronicles balances itself between the genres of RPGs and tactical turn-based strategy with a engaging and tactical battle system dubbed "BLiTZ". Rendered in a beautiful cel-shaded style it tells an epic tale of how a small team did what they could do to defend everything that know and love.
- Demons's Souls - Tough, brutal and unforgiving but rewarding. This dark-fantasy, action-RPG is a spiritual succesor to the King's Field series also developed by From Software. Fight demons and take their souls as you become stronger in an attempt to survive the inhospitable worlds inhabited by deadly monstrosities. Featuring a unique "note" system, other players on the Playstation Network can warn other players about upcoming dangers and monsters. Take on the demons in co-op play or go head to head in PvP.
- Ratchet & Clank -
- Disgaea 3 : Absence of Justice -
- Motorstorm -
- God of War 3 -
- Heavy Rain -
- Resident Evil 5 - Fight off hoards of the Majini and other monsters in Capcom's zombie survival shooter. RE5 follows Chris Redfield and his new partner Sheva Alomar as they journey through West Africa in hopes to eliminate the threat of bio-terrorism. Focusing on co-op play, RE5 relies on both playes to aid each other in an attempt to survive and stay on top of the dangers that lurk around the corners. With lots of guns and plenty of unlockables, RE5 is an enjoyable experience to play with or without friends.
- Burnout Paradise - Though it breaks off from the usual formula of the Burnout series, Paradise still manages to retain the high speed explosive action that the series is known for. Set in Paradise City, players are free to roam the open world as they race, crash and shunt their way to first position. Free updates and plenty of DLC (including PS3 exclusives) make this an excellent addition to any games collection. Also available in retail stores and Xbox 360.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum -
- Street Fighter IV -
- Fallout 3 -
- Modern Warfare 2 -
- Assassin's Creed 2 -
- flower - More of an experince then a game, flower allows you to take control of the wind using the Playstation 3 SIXAXIS controller. Collect petals from flowers as you explore the lush and visually pleasing environments in this unique and soothing game.
- Wipeout HD - Rendered at a solid 60FPS at 1080p resolution with Dolby Digital 5.1 support, Wipeout HD allows you to experience the thrills you weave through the twists and turns of the race circuit in a high speed anti gravity ship of the future. Futuristc race tracks and electronica soundtrack makes Wipeout HD a treat to both the eyes and ears. Further expand the game by purchasing the Fury expansion pack. This adds a new race campaign, three new game modes and a new "Fury" ship for every team.
- Noby Noby Boy - From the makers of the bizzarre Katamari series comes Noby Noby Boy, a sandbox game that is just as strange and enticing. Players control BOY as they flounder about in a randomly generated sandbox filled with a plethora of objects and beings. There is no set goal but instead players are free to do whatever they want in the environment. A surreal and random content generation ensures that players are being constantly surprised in an already strange experience.
- Siren: Blood Curse - A reimagination of Forbidden Siren released on PlayStation 2, Blood Curse is a horror adventure game that follows an American crew of documentary filmmakers as they travel to Japan to investigate a village which has "disappeared", only to find it's inhabitants transformed into horrific beings. Players control different characters in short chapters as they explore, survive and hide from the Shibito villagers. A unique game mechanic is that players can "sightjack" the villagers, allowing them to see what the villagers see.
- Super Star Dust HD -
- Pixeljunk Shooter -
- Pixeljunk Eden -
- Pixeljunk Monsters -
- Critter Crunch -
- Comet Crash -
- Gravity Crash -
- Shatter -
- Everyday Shooter -