The Super Duper PS3 List (of games).

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By eroticfishcake

With the rise of PS3 ownership lately I thought it was pretty important to compile a list of PS3 games that are exclusive or just great to play on the PS3. Hopefully, this list is enough to help new PS3 owners decide what they want to get and play. The games in the list come in of no particular order nor categorisation since a lot of games these days tend to blend genres in together. However, there are three different categories I will put the games in; "Exclusives", games that are only availiable on the PS3 system, "Multi-platform", games that fair better or just as well as their 360 counter-parts and "PSN", games that are only availiable on the PSN network (can include PS1 ports as well).

This is a work in progress list so don't expect everything on it for now though I will try do make this as quickly as possible.

This is a community list so if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please do so and I'll see what I can do!

Update: Added a Multiplayer section and added some other games. The multiplayer section is reserved for games that are primarily multiplayer, or focus on mulitplayer. Also, I think I'll give PS1 games a whole category of their own since it never dawned on me how much PSN games there were.

For a list of DS games, chech The Decisive Quality DS List.
For a list of Wii games, check The Consumate Wii List.
For a list of PS3 games, check The Fabulous PSP Games List.

PS3 Exclusives

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots - Mixing action and stealth in a cinematic style, MGS4 is the fourth and final chapter of the MGS series. Follow the footsteps of the legendary soldier, Solid Snake as he engages his final mission as he encounters old friends and foes.
  • Uncharted - Throw in Prince of Persia with the Tomb Raider series in big pot and mash 'em together and you'll get Uncharted. With the combination of running, jumping and gunning down enemies in beautiful and exotic environments, Uncharted follows the adventures of the likable and humourous protagonist, Nathan Drake as he travels the world for precious treasures.
  • LittleBigPlanet - If there's one game that you can grab and cuddle with, it would be LittleBigPlanet. This platforming game oozes with charm as you (the Sackboy) run around the custom made levels designed and uploaded by the LBP community. Feel free to create, design and play in levels of your own with the powerful and easy to use level designer.
  • Killzone 2 - Take the fight to the oppressive Helghast as you battle through gritty environments in this sci-fi based first person shooter. Technically impressive graphics and a strong multiplayer system makes Killzone 2 an excellent choice for most PS3 owners.
  • inFAMOUS - Life seemed normal enough for Cole McGrath, a simple bike messenger living in Empire City. Suddenly his life is turned upside down when he finds himself caught in a huge explosion that grants him a mysterious superpower that allows him to manipulate electricity. Explore the world in this third person open world action game as you use your powers for good or evil.
  • Valkyria Chronicles - Defend the borders of your homeland as you take command of Squad 7 under the guise of Welkin Gunther as they fight off the armies of the powerful Empire in the fictionl continent of Europa. Valkyria Chronicles balances itself between the genres of RPGs and tactical turn-based strategy with a engaging and tactical battle system dubbed "BLiTZ". Rendered in a beautiful cel-shaded style it tells an epic tale of how a small team did what they could do to defend everything that know and love.
  • Demons's Souls - Tough, brutal and unforgiving but rewarding. This dark-fantasy, action-RPG is a spiritual succesor to the King's Field series also developed by From Software. Fight demons and take their souls as you become stronger in an attempt to survive the inhospitable worlds inhabited by deadly monstrosities. Featuring a unique "note" system, other players on the Playstation Network can warn other players about upcoming dangers and monsters. Take on the demons in co-op play or go head to head in PvP.
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Disgaea 3 : Absence of Justice
  • Motorstorm -
  • God of War 3 -
  • Heavy Rain

Multi-Platform

• Resident Evil 5 - Fight off hoards of the Majini and other monsters in Capcom's zombie survival shooter. RE5 follows Chris Redfield and his new partner Sheva Alomar as they journey through West Africa in hopes to eliminate the threat of bio-terrorism. Focusing on co-op play, RE5 relies on both playes to aid each other in an attempt to survive and stay on top of the dangers that lurk around the corners. With lots of guns and plenty of unlockables, RE5 is an enjoyable experience to play with or without friends.
  • Burnout Paradise - Though it breaks off from the usual formula of the Burnout series, Paradise still manages to retain the high speed explosive action that the series is known for. Set in Paradise City, players are free to roam the open world as they race, crash and shunt their way to first position. Free updates and plenty of DLC (including PS3 exclusives) make this an excellent addition to any games collection. Also available in retail stores and Xbox 360.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum -
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Fallout 3
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Assassin's Creed 2 -

PSN Games

• flower - More of an experince then a game, flower allows you to take control of the wind using the Playstation 3 SIXAXIS controller. Collect petals from flowers as you explore the lush and visually pleasing environments in this unique and soothing game.
  • Wipeout HD - Rendered at a solid 60FPS at 1080p resolution with Dolby Digital 5.1 support, Wipeout HD allows you to experience the thrills you weave through the twists and turns of the race circuit in a high speed anti gravity ship of the future. Futuristc race tracks and electronica soundtrack makes Wipeout HD a treat to both the eyes and ears. Further expand the game by purchasing the Fury expansion pack. This adds a new race campaign, three new game modes and a new "Fury" ship for every team.
  • Noby Noby Boy - From the makers of the bizzarre Katamari series comes Noby Noby Boy, a sandbox game that is just as strange and enticing. Players control BOY as they flounder about in a randomly generated sandbox filled with a plethora of objects and beings. There is no set goal but instead players are free to do whatever they want in the environment. A surreal and random content generation ensures that players are being constantly surprised in an already strange experience.
  • Siren: Blood Curse - A reimagination of Forbidden Siren released on PlayStation 2, Blood Curse is a horror adventure game that follows an American crew of documentary filmmakers as they travel to Japan to investigate a village which has "disappeared", only to find it's inhabitants transformed into horrific beings. Players control different characters in short chapters as they explore, survive and hide from the Shibito villagers. A unique game mechanic is that players can "sightjack" the villagers, allowing them to see what the villagers see.
  • Super Star Dust HD -
  • Pixeljunk Shooter -
  • Pixeljunk Eden
  • Pixeljunk Monsters -
  • Critter Crunch
  • Comet Crash -
  • Gravity Crash
  • Shatter
  • Everyday Shooter -

Multi-Player Games

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By eroticfishcake

With the rise of PS3 ownership lately I thought it was pretty important to compile a list of PS3 games that are exclusive or just great to play on the PS3. Hopefully, this list is enough to help new PS3 owners decide what they want to get and play. The games in the list come in of no particular order nor categorisation since a lot of games these days tend to blend genres in together. However, there are three different categories I will put the games in; "Exclusives", games that are only availiable on the PS3 system, "Multi-platform", games that fair better or just as well as their 360 counter-parts and "PSN", games that are only availiable on the PSN network (can include PS1 ports as well).

This is a work in progress list so don't expect everything on it for now though I will try do make this as quickly as possible.

This is a community list so if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please do so and I'll see what I can do!

Update: Added a Multiplayer section and added some other games. The multiplayer section is reserved for games that are primarily multiplayer, or focus on mulitplayer. Also, I think I'll give PS1 games a whole category of their own since it never dawned on me how much PSN games there were.

For a list of DS games, chech The Decisive Quality DS List.
For a list of Wii games, check The Consumate Wii List.
For a list of PS3 games, check The Fabulous PSP Games List.

PS3 Exclusives

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots - Mixing action and stealth in a cinematic style, MGS4 is the fourth and final chapter of the MGS series. Follow the footsteps of the legendary soldier, Solid Snake as he engages his final mission as he encounters old friends and foes.
  • Uncharted - Throw in Prince of Persia with the Tomb Raider series in big pot and mash 'em together and you'll get Uncharted. With the combination of running, jumping and gunning down enemies in beautiful and exotic environments, Uncharted follows the adventures of the likable and humourous protagonist, Nathan Drake as he travels the world for precious treasures.
  • LittleBigPlanet - If there's one game that you can grab and cuddle with, it would be LittleBigPlanet. This platforming game oozes with charm as you (the Sackboy) run around the custom made levels designed and uploaded by the LBP community. Feel free to create, design and play in levels of your own with the powerful and easy to use level designer.
  • Killzone 2 - Take the fight to the oppressive Helghast as you battle through gritty environments in this sci-fi based first person shooter. Technically impressive graphics and a strong multiplayer system makes Killzone 2 an excellent choice for most PS3 owners.
  • inFAMOUS - Life seemed normal enough for Cole McGrath, a simple bike messenger living in Empire City. Suddenly his life is turned upside down when he finds himself caught in a huge explosion that grants him a mysterious superpower that allows him to manipulate electricity. Explore the world in this third person open world action game as you use your powers for good or evil.
  • Valkyria Chronicles - Defend the borders of your homeland as you take command of Squad 7 under the guise of Welkin Gunther as they fight off the armies of the powerful Empire in the fictionl continent of Europa. Valkyria Chronicles balances itself between the genres of RPGs and tactical turn-based strategy with a engaging and tactical battle system dubbed "BLiTZ". Rendered in a beautiful cel-shaded style it tells an epic tale of how a small team did what they could do to defend everything that know and love.
  • Demons's Souls - Tough, brutal and unforgiving but rewarding. This dark-fantasy, action-RPG is a spiritual succesor to the King's Field series also developed by From Software. Fight demons and take their souls as you become stronger in an attempt to survive the inhospitable worlds inhabited by deadly monstrosities. Featuring a unique "note" system, other players on the Playstation Network can warn other players about upcoming dangers and monsters. Take on the demons in co-op play or go head to head in PvP.
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Disgaea 3 : Absence of Justice
  • Motorstorm -
  • God of War 3 -
  • Heavy Rain

Multi-Platform

• Resident Evil 5 - Fight off hoards of the Majini and other monsters in Capcom's zombie survival shooter. RE5 follows Chris Redfield and his new partner Sheva Alomar as they journey through West Africa in hopes to eliminate the threat of bio-terrorism. Focusing on co-op play, RE5 relies on both playes to aid each other in an attempt to survive and stay on top of the dangers that lurk around the corners. With lots of guns and plenty of unlockables, RE5 is an enjoyable experience to play with or without friends.
  • Burnout Paradise - Though it breaks off from the usual formula of the Burnout series, Paradise still manages to retain the high speed explosive action that the series is known for. Set in Paradise City, players are free to roam the open world as they race, crash and shunt their way to first position. Free updates and plenty of DLC (including PS3 exclusives) make this an excellent addition to any games collection. Also available in retail stores and Xbox 360.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum -
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Fallout 3
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Assassin's Creed 2 -

PSN Games

• flower - More of an experince then a game, flower allows you to take control of the wind using the Playstation 3 SIXAXIS controller. Collect petals from flowers as you explore the lush and visually pleasing environments in this unique and soothing game.
  • Wipeout HD - Rendered at a solid 60FPS at 1080p resolution with Dolby Digital 5.1 support, Wipeout HD allows you to experience the thrills you weave through the twists and turns of the race circuit in a high speed anti gravity ship of the future. Futuristc race tracks and electronica soundtrack makes Wipeout HD a treat to both the eyes and ears. Further expand the game by purchasing the Fury expansion pack. This adds a new race campaign, three new game modes and a new "Fury" ship for every team.
  • Noby Noby Boy - From the makers of the bizzarre Katamari series comes Noby Noby Boy, a sandbox game that is just as strange and enticing. Players control BOY as they flounder about in a randomly generated sandbox filled with a plethora of objects and beings. There is no set goal but instead players are free to do whatever they want in the environment. A surreal and random content generation ensures that players are being constantly surprised in an already strange experience.
  • Siren: Blood Curse - A reimagination of Forbidden Siren released on PlayStation 2, Blood Curse is a horror adventure game that follows an American crew of documentary filmmakers as they travel to Japan to investigate a village which has "disappeared", only to find it's inhabitants transformed into horrific beings. Players control different characters in short chapters as they explore, survive and hide from the Shibito villagers. A unique game mechanic is that players can "sightjack" the villagers, allowing them to see what the villagers see.
  • Super Star Dust HD -
  • Pixeljunk Shooter -
  • Pixeljunk Eden
  • Pixeljunk Monsters -
  • Critter Crunch
  • Comet Crash -
  • Gravity Crash
  • Shatter
  • Everyday Shooter -

Multi-Player Games

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Whisperkill

Why Resident Evil 5?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Whisperkill: It plays well on the PS3. Not saying it plays better on then the 360 but I thought I throw in the multiplatforms so if you own a PS3 but not a 360, you can still play those games. I wouldn't put Bayonetta on that list since it's plagued by technical issues for example. Though to be honest I'm not entirely sure if I even need a multiplatform list but we'll see. This list isn't finished yet anyway.
fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By fugie7

i know your list is not finish, but here's little help to finishing  it. God of war 3, white knight, heavy rain, and disgaea.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By galiant

The "essential" topic title might be a bit misleading, I mean...not all titles/genres are for everyone. Opinions of said games will differ. How about "High Quality" or something of the like instead? Games worth checking out if you're into the genre? PS3 games recommended by Giant Bomb users? =)

Either way, I always enjoy hearing people's opinions of games to see if I might find something enjoyable myself. Keep updating, nice initiative.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Daryl

Essential is fine, let's not get nick picky. Thanks for this list, my PS3 could use some attention. I've got stuck in this 360 mode ever since I bought it. Anyone else in this trap? 

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By galiant
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Whisperkill: It plays well on the PS3. Not saying it plays better on then the 360 but I thought I throw in the multiplatforms so if you own a PS3 but not a 360, you can still play those games. I wouldn't put Bayonetta on that list since it's plagued by technical issues for example. Though to be honest I'm not entirely sure if I even need a multiplatform list but we'll see. This list isn't finished yet anyway. "
In that case, should we include titles for PC that also exist/work well on the PS3? I thoroughly enjoyed (and played the hell out of) both Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins on my PS3 because I don't own a PC powerful enough to run either of those.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

Good idea, hopefully as a community we can stack this list out and use it as a response to all the threads. I know Wipeout HD is available in stores, but I think it should probably be in the PSN section. Worth mentioning the Fury expansion too which is like a whole extra game.

Games I'd add: Resistance 2 (I know people were disappointed in it, but a lot still enjoy it), Demon's Souls, Burnout Paradise (multiplatform + PSN Store), Ratchet & Clank; and for PSN: PixelJunk Shooter/Monsters, Shatter, Siren: Blood Curse, flOw, Fat Princess (I guess, right?), Trash Panic, Noby Noby Boy.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane
@fugie7 said:
" i know your list is not finish, but here's little help to finish it. God of war 3, white knight, heavy rain, and disgaea. "
God of War III and Heavy Rain haven't released, so we have no idea how good they are yet.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake
@fugie7: Thanks. Problem is...I haven't played any of those though I have played the previous iterations of GoW and Disgaea so I'm fine with those. I'll put those games on the list anyway. Cheers again!

@Galiant: Yeah I never thought about it that way actually. :o I fixed it anyway, hopefully that looks more appealing and less misleading, no? I might reformat the entire thing but for simplicity sake I'll leave it for now. Thanks for the opinions though!
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By handlas

Demon's Souls, Motorstorm, and Rachet and Clank

...but it's your list.

multiplat I would put Street Fighter 4 ;o

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By galiant

I second PixelJunk Monsters, that was a good one. For those interested in tower defense like games, Comet Crash off of PSN was also a great title.

How about a local multiplayer category? Personally I still love me some local co-op/split-screen action and I find those games to be few and far between. Might be nice to raise some awareness if there are people out there who still enjoy bringing their friends over for some local gaming like I do.  

Might be worth mentioning that Final Fantasy VII can be bought of the PSN store. Not to mention Theme Hospital!

The new topic title is much better =P

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By phlegms

UCD Is GAAAYYYY

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Great list, I won't lie.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daryl

By the way, are those descriptions next to the titles straight off the back of the box?

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zigaroo

WipEout HD is a PSN title.

Great list thus far. Don't get carried away into listing all the exclusives the PS3 has to offer. I assume these are the ones that stand out above the crowd and would be excellent first day purchases with a brand new PS3.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Galiant: Fallout 3 yes but not Dragon Age since that's really more of a PC game. I can see where you're coming from but I don't think it really qualifies to be a PS3 game since most people associate Dragon Age with PC gaming. I might add a multiplayer category since there's a few of them (MAG and Fat Princess for example) but not until I've cleared my head a bit. O_o Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll work on it.

@get2sammyb: Since Wipeout HD came out on PSN first I think that it's makes sense to move it there. It's just that I got it on retail first so it didn't really cross my mind. Cheers for mentioning Fury though, I almost forgot about that and to think I got it packaged with my retail copy of Wipeout. >_> I'll add the other games you've mentioned once I've gotten a few things straight. This is a lot more daunting then I thought it would be...

@CitizenKane said:

" @fugie7 said:

" i know your list is not finish, but here's little help to finish it. God of war 3, white knight, heavy rain, and disgaea. "
God of War III and Heavy Rain haven't released, so we have no idea how good they are yet. "

Yup. So I've decided not to add them to the list yet. Not until they come out anyway. White Knight is only availaible in Japan so I've no idea what's it like plus I doubt many people are going to get it unless there's a US/EU release. I'll think about it some more though. Also, is it possible to make this a sticky in the PS3 section or should we leave it?

@handlas: Cheers. I forgot about SFIV.

@phlegms: Trinners are for WINNERS!(?)

@Daryl: I wrote them myself. >_> People are pretty lazy so I thought I sum up the game in a paragraph. As cheesy as it may sound, as long as they understand what the game is about, then that's enough for me.

@zigaroo: Yeah I just moved Wipeout over to the PSN list since it came out on PSN first. That's the general idea really since it's kinda pointless putting bad games on the list. Haze may be "the shit" and a PS3 exclusive but it's still awful either way! Cheers for the input. If you've got anything else to say then please do so.

@Time_Lord: Thanks, there's a lot of PSN games so I nearly forgot about that.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Red12b
@eroticfishcake:  
wipeout is psn
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Slippy

You could add Batman: Arkham Asylum to the multiplatform list. It has exclusive content on PS3 which many feel tip the scales in its favour. Burnout Paradise is another idea, since the PS3 was lead platform and the developers have openly displayed their love of the machine (updates hitting PS3 first etc). 

And definitely add Siren: Blood Curse to the PSN and / or PS3 exclusives list. Game of the Year 2008.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

Super duper indeed!
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Slippy: Thanks for the heads up. I'll add them when I'm done with the rest.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Xeiphyer
@eroticfishcake: Aha! You are missing Shatter =P
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24  Edited By Crono

Games that make PS3 worth owning

A list that validates PS3 as a gaming console and may possibly persuade me to buy the console.  Only games that are released and I have personally played will be listed.

UPDATE:  Well I finally did it.  I bought a PS3 and I can confirm that my assumptions with this list were true as I now own or have played and beaten (those which can be beaten) all of the games on this list.  I shall be adding more as I go.

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This game alone makes the PS3 worth owning.

2. Fat Princess

Read my FEATURED Review! http://www.giantbomb.com/fat-princess/61-21184/user_reviews/?review=10075 (yes, I am proud of that, so sue me.) Fat Princess takes some of the basics that work for Team Fortress 2 and apply them to a new genre. It really works well together in one cohesive experience and is a blast online. A must-buy for all PS3 owners that do a lot of online gaming.

3. inFAMOUS

An open world game that feels fresh and inspired? In 2009? Yes it is true and it is only on the PS3.

4. Demon's Souls

This one may be an iffy addition to a list that touts "Games that make X system worth owning," but nevertheless I feel it is appropriate. This game is brutal and not afraid to be such. The game is a lot of fun once you get your bearings though and I have found it to be one of the most rewarding games to play. Once you get used to how the game works a bit, there is a lot of fun to be had and quite a bit of depth. I highly recommend this title for hardcore gamers, but the casual should be wary. I think because it caters to the hardcore that alone is reason enough to feature it on the list as it relates to a unique demographic :)

5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The game is a lot of fun and definitely huge fan service in it for all MGS lovers... that said, I felt completely underwhelmed by this game personally but if you own the PS3 this game is still certainly worth checking out.

6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Original game? Check. Great graphics? Check. Interesting protagonist? Check. Tight controls? Good story? Sequel worthy? Check. Check. Check. Game is a winner. EDIT: Well this game's sequel has arrived and the sequel takes everything that was so great about Uncharted and makes it look like child's play. That isn't to say this game isn't still an amazing title, but you should certainly play it before Uncharted 2, and I do not say that just because it is the first in the series, but I say it mostly because this game's experience will pale in comparison to its critically acclaimed sequel.

7. Killzone 2

This game looks gorgeous and has a class system ala TF2 / Battlefield. The multiplayer is the real meat of this title as the singleplayer only offers cliche characters and a boring story that feels like it was put together over a night of madlibs gone awry. That said it is a lot of fun online and as far as shooters go on the PS3 it has probably the largest community.

8. LittleBigPlanet

LBP is my dream come true. I have always enjoyed games that allow me to make games/levels (StarCraft and WarCraft 3 mostly). The editor is deep, but I feel that it could have a LOT more tools added that would give it sooooooo much more functionality and open even more doors for creativity.

9. PixelJunk Shooter

I haven't played any of the other PixelJunk games, personally (hence why they aren't on this list; I only put games I personally have played up here), but Shooter definitely has me curious enough to check them out. PixelJunk Shooter is not a very difficult game, it has some challenges, but not many - but it still remains a lot of fun. I felt like the game was very atmospheric despite its barely-there story, cartoony (but stylistic) graphics and... interesting music. I really enjoy how these 3 elements came together though and they really made me want to keep playing the game. Of course, the fluid dynamics need a mention too - truly remarkable how they all work together so seamlessly. It is my understanding that each of the PixelJunk games gets an "Encore" expansion pack that really presents some much more difficult challenges. I will be buying that on day 1 - that is how good and fun this game is :)

10. Noby Noby Boy

I guess people out there say "It's not really a game" and by the time I buy it, the meta-game may be over... but this "game" still looks too strange to pass up.

11. Trine

Although not an exclusive (it has been on the PC for 2 months longer than the PS3 and is slated to be on Xbox Live Arcade some point in the future), this game is a unique and fun side-scrolling puzzle adventure that is only on the PS3 for consoles right now. It is $20 and I find that to be a fair price. I do not feel the $30 that PC gamers were stuck with was fair but many say the game is a great deal of fun and worth it. As of writing I have not beaten it, in fact it was only released about 2 hours ago, but I have had a lot of fun with it so far and can already tell it is a real gem. P.S. Wizard cursor speed doesn't bother me enough to call it unplayable.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By AgentJ
@eroticfishcake: We should link all of the "System Must-Have" threads together. DS and Wii versions already exist (though I don't think the wii one has been updated for some time) so someone just needs to create a 360 version. I'm going to put a link to this thread up on the "Decisive Quality DS list" alright? 

Also, this needs an upcoming list. 
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Xeiphyer: I own that game. >_> And someone else already mentioned it earlier as well. Double whammy right there! I'll throw it in now. Thanks for reminding me.

@Crono: I forgot about Trine. It's not exclusive and it may be late to the PS3 but I'll add it to the PSN category anyway since it's a good game. Thanks for the input!

@AgentJ: Yeah we should. Funny enough it was your list of decisive DS games that partially inspired me to write this list, mainly in response to the the "I just got a PS3" threads but yeahh either way, we all win! Anyway, we'll link all of these threads together. There's no 360 thread but once I've done some major work here (I reckon I should be done tomorrow) I'm going to make a 360 thread afterwards. It's going to be a little hard since I don't own a 360 but we'll see how it pans out. Whoever said GB never gave good consumer advice?
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27  Edited By Crono
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Xeiphyer: I own that game. >_> And someone else already mentioned it earlier as well. Double whammy right there! I'll throw it in now. Thanks for reminding me.

@Crono: I forgot about Trine. It's not exclusive and it may be late to the PS3 but I'll add it to the PSN category anyway since it's a good game. Thanks for the input!

@AgentJ: Yeah we should. Funny enough it was your list of decisive DS games that partially inspired me to write this list, mainly in response to the the "I just got a PS3" threads but yeahh either way, we all win! Anyway, we'll link all of these threads together. There's no 360 thread but once I've done some major work here (I reckon I should be done tomorrow) I'm going to make a 360 thread afterwards. It's going to be a little hard since I don't own a 360 but we'll see how it pans out. Whoever said GB never gave good consumer advice? "
You are also missing Uncharted 2.  You have the first one, but need the 2nd.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
@eroticfishcake: I actually do own a 360, so we could collaborate on that one if you want. It'd be even better if we found someone else to do it
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PureRok
@AgentJ: I could help.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Crono: That link actually redirects to the Uncharted franchise rather then first game. I should change that a little though since it misled you. You'll be the first of many people if I'd left it like that.

@AgentJ: Considering the fact that I've gotten some great responses from the community in this thread I don't think I'll much of a problem we the 360 since a lot of people seem to own one (or four). I'll gladly accept your offer either way though. It would be better if someone else other then me would make it but I don't know if anyone has the time or dedication to do that now. I could be wrong though.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgentJ
@PureRok:  
@eroticfishcake:

There ya go. Let's just have PureRok do it. I can make my own list, though it's not going to have any of the cult titles like on my DS thread
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By handlas

I see ya put MAG.  Am I the only one that thought the beta was absolutely horrible?  Oh well.

I'd say PS1 Classics are a good reason to own a PS3 as well.  Personally, I enjoy that they have it on the PSN store at least.  Resident Evil 1-3, Silent Hill, Street Fighter Alpha, Legacy of Kain, etc.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eroticfishcake
@AgentJ: Speak of the Devil. We DO have someone who can help. And don't worry, your list of DS games brought joy and love to many men, women and children all over the globe. Myself for example.

@PureRok: Can you take the RESPONSIBILITY?! When do you think you can start up a list? You can do it whenever but if you can make one earlier that'll be great. If you don't have the time though I can take it off your hands whenever.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By eroticfishcake
@handlas: I haven't played it myself but a lot of people seemed to have enjoyed it. Plus it's a pretty unique game in some respects so I don't see any harm in adding it. I'm going to put PS1 games in it's own category as well, including where it's released since when I got some store credit I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get Castlevania: SoTN in Europe. :'(
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By handlas
@eroticfishcake: I just bought that game on Xbox Live and played through it for the first time.  Quite an awesome game even by today's standards imo.  Got the bad ending tho I believe ;/
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By eroticfishcake
@handlas: It's a fantastic game alright. I liked it so much that I bought it again for my PSP (I already have it on PS1). I've played it more times then I can remember. I just finished it again recently actually. I could go on and on about why I love it but you get the idea. Dunno if you know what'll happen when you get to the second part of the game but you're in for a surprise I tell you.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PureRok
@AgentJ:@eroticfishcake: I'll see what I can come up with. I probably won't have anything done until tomorrow, at least. It's pretty late here right now.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By eroticfishcake
@PureRok: That's alright. Take your time. NO PRESSURE! I guess I should go to bed too. It's five in the morning here...
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AgentJ
@eroticfishcake said:
" @PureRok: That's alright. Take your time. NO PRESSURE! I guess I should go to bed too. It's five in the morning here... "
Europeans... 
@PureRok: Just know that if I don't get some sort of status report every once in a while, I will continually bug you until I get one. 
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dbz1995

I can turn all that into actual lists if you want.

Also, get rid of Street Fighter IV. And put in Super Street Fighter IV.