This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by DoctorStudmuffin (5 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas is a RPG coming from the company Bethesda. It is about a post-nuclear life in a sort of "wild-west" world. Your character is a courier who was sent to deliver a special item called the Platinum Chip. The storyline is very interesting and time-consuming.(In a good way!) The game has great replay value because of the multiple endings. Another great thing to this already amazing game is that there is a whole community of people that mod. This allows for mods to be used in-game which adds many more hours of gamemplay. Overall, anyone that is a RPG/Fallout/Bethesda fan will love this game. 9.5/10

#1 Posted by DoctorStudmuffin (5 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas is a RPG coming from the company Bethesda. It is about a post-nuclear life in a sort of "wild-west" world. Your character is a courier who was sent to deliver a special item called the Platinum Chip. The storyline is very interesting and time-consuming.(In a good way!) The game has great replay value because of the multiple endings. Another great thing to this already amazing game is that there is a whole community of people that mod. This allows for mods to be used in-game which adds many more hours of gamemplay. Overall, anyone that is a RPG/Fallout/Bethesda fan will love this game. 9.5/10

#2 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

0 posts? and a post here that should count on to that?

What kind of sorcery is this!?
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So what the hell are you trying to go for with the whole "True Gamer's Critic" (either you meant "critique" or you're an idiot)? Are you implying that everybody else who reviewed this game isn't a true gamer? That doesn't hold out in your review, which can be summed up as "brief summary, this game is awesome".

#4 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Jay444111: Starting a thread doesn't count. How do you not know that already? OR DO YOU???

#5 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Jay444111: Starting a thread doesn't count. How do you not know that already? OR DO YOU???

OR DOES NO ONE KNOW!???

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Great stuff bro.

#7 Posted by DoctorStudmuffin (5 posts) -

@Video_Game_King I am not trying to say that I am the only true gamer in the world. I am just saying that many game critics that I have read reviews that they have written I strongly disagree with. I am implying that I am just a kid that loves to game. I was not trying to offend any other critic/gamer.

#8 Posted by onan (1286 posts) -

"If you like Fallout, you're going to love Fallout."

I like how you're a risk-taker with these controversial viewpoints unlike some of these critic pretenders. I'm glad someone is finally stepping up and telling it like it is.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11909 posts) -

@DoctorStudmuffin said:

Fallout New Vegas is a RPG coming from the company Bethesda. It is about a post-nuclear life in a sort of "wild-west" world. Your character is a courier who was sent to deliver a special item called the Platinum Chip. The storyline is very interesting and time-consuming.(In a good way!) The game has great replay value because of the multiple endings. Another great thing to this already amazing game is that there is a whole community of people that mod. This allows for mods to be used in-game which adds many more hours of gamemplay. Overall, anyone that is a RPG/Fallout/Bethesda fan will love this game. 9.5/10

You could do with a bit of expanding on your thoughts.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Well that was definitely an in-depth review. I'm so tired of reading reviews from The Fake Gamer's Critic.

#11 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

I like RPGs but fallout is way boring. I feel lied to.

#12 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@onan said:

"If you like Fallout, you're going to love Fallout."

I like how you're a risk-taker with these controversial viewpoints unlike some of these critic pretenders. I'm glad someone is finally stepping up and telling it like it is.

My guess is he's a troll.

#13 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

I don't believe that you're a doctor.

#14 Posted by DoctorStudmuffin (5 posts) -

@believer258 I understand that this one was short. As I move on through more games/reviews I plan on making them longer. Thanks for the feedback!

#15 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

You're going to have to expand on this before I even consider reading all of it...

#16 Posted by DoctorStudmuffin (5 posts) -

Like I said. I plan on making them longer. If your going to hate then there is no need to even comment.

#17 Posted by Fatcat222 (31 posts) -

Work on your grammar, Fallout is AN RPG not a RPG. The game did not "come from" Bethesda, it was developed by Obsidian and published by Bethesda. You mix some tense mid-sentence.

Aside, a twitter-length review from an amateur critic isn't too useful. Either write an informative piece, or a review that sparks conversation. I'm guessing with this particular review you were not trying to be informative, but then in the comments you tell people who criticize your review to leave you alone, thereby stifling conversation.

#18 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

I refuse to give a game with that many gltches anything above a 7.5, sorry.

#19 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

Come on kids, just flag and move on! Flagged because this is already a train wreck!

#20 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

My opinion is more right, 11/10.

#21 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

There's a specific place to post a user review of a game and this is not that place.

Go here and click on the "add a review button" to the right of Giant Bomb's score.

All the same though this isn't really a review but rather you stating a few points you like about it. Expand on your ideas and someone might actually take your critique seriously.

#22 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Now now, there is no need to put yourself on a pedestal - calling yourself the "true" gamer seems a bit extreme, and besides if you want that kind of honor bestowed upon you. You need to try a lot harder than what you have written here. A lot.

#23 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

Hate to toot my own horn but check out my user reviews in this here site. I feel I am pretty decent

#24 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

guys, guys, c'mon! he's clearly unstable. or overly, mind-numbingly, near-catatonically stable. either way, A+ review.

#25 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@Tamaster92 said:

Hate to toot my own horn but check out my user reviews in this here site. I feel I am pretty decent

Decent is all and well, but tell me, are you true. I'm really looking for some of that.

#26 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

I am 100% absolutely positively true. Ish. Maybe.

#27 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

@Penzilneck said:

@Tamaster92 said:

Hate to toot my own horn but check out my user reviews in this here site. I feel I am pretty decent

Decent is all and well, but tell me, are you true. I'm really looking for some of that.

Also he's not just "a" true gamer, he's "the" true gamer. You can't beat 100%.

#28 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

You're going to have to expand on this before I even consider reading all of it...

AGHASJDKASJHDKAJSHD WHY ISN'T THIS A WALL OF TEXT.

AGHJHKFJH FUCK YOUR WALL OF TEXT I REFUSE.

The internet, ladies and gentlemen.

@Vinny_Says said:

I refuse to give a game with that many gltches anything above a 7.5, sorry.

I played it from day one with barely any glitches, none major as far as I can remember. So maybe this dude had the same experience? Also, I don't think he was telling you what score you should give it, but rather what score he did give it...

Very un-Vinny of you, mister.

#29 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

You're going to have to expand on this before I even consider reading all of it...

AGHASJDKASJHDKAJSHD WHY ISN'T THIS A WALL OF TEXT.

AGHJHKFJH FUCK YOUR WALL OF TEXT I REFUSE.

The internet, ladies and gentlemen.

@Vinny_Says said:

I refuse to give a game with that many gltches anything above a 7.5, sorry.

I played it from day one with barely any glitches, none major as far as I can remember. So maybe this dude had the same experience? Also, I don't think he was telling you what score you should give it, but rather what score he did give it...

Very un-Vinny of you, mister.

so the faction system actually worked for you? i don't believe it! i can't!
#30 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Guys, you dont have to be asses to everybody who writes a poor blog. Just tell them how they can improve then leave.

#31 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

@upwarDBound said:

"There's a specific place to post a user review of a game and this is not that place.

Go here and click on the "add a review button" to the right of Giant Bomb's score."

What upwar said. The forums aren't for reviews, the forums are for forum posts.

Moderator