The Ultimate Brag Thread!!! Your Best Feats in Gaming.

• 123 results
BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BPRJCTX

So, yesterday, what i thought i would never be able to do, just became reality, i earned Gold medals on every single track in Trials Evolution!!!

Yes, even all the Extreme tracks!!!

And if you guys aren't familiar with Trials Evo, here's a small sample of just how hard it can be... (and it gets harder...)

As you can see, it's a pretty hard game, and most ppl aren't even able to finish those Extreme tracks, let alone get silvers or gold medals, and forget about Platinums, just forget about 'hem, cos those are only available to a very small percentage of Trials players.

I have to say, i've been playing video games for over 18 years, and, Golding every single track in Trials Evo was one of the biggest feelings of accomplishment i've ever felt playing a game.

Every time i earned a gold on an Extreme track, was like a fuckin' rush of adrenaline running through my veins, i just felt like jumping off my bed, kick down a dor, and slap a bitch as hard as i could!!!

Seriously, games very rarely do this anymore, the only other time i felt such a feeling of accomplishment this gen, was when i finished Bayonetta on the hardest Dificulty level, and completed it 100%.

It just feels like an old school game, reminds of the good times i had on games like Devil May Cry 1 and 3, the crazy secret bosses of old school Final Fantasy, or going back even further, the feeling of old school gaming, the feeling of doing something that just seems impossible at first, but you keep trying and trying, and getting better and better, and one day, you finally make it.

The feeling of old school gaming lives on in games like Trials Evolution!!!

Anyway, i could go on and move on to Platinum Medals, but for now, i think i'm just gonna take a break, i'm happy.

Update: Yeah, i wanted to take a break, but...

Can't let those Platinum Medals get away right?!

Oh and another thing, i'm currently 228 in the world, in the Track Sewage Plant.

Another great achievement for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Status for anyone looking for competition:

294 Medals.

All Platinums on Beginner.

All Platinums on Easy.

All Platinums on Medium.

All Platinums on 1st Hard.

7 Platinums, 1 Gold on 2nd Hard.

All Golds, and 2 Platinums on the Extreme tracks!!!

6 Platinums, 4 Golds on the Skill Games.

All Golds, 1 Platinum, and 1 Silver (The last Tournament...) on the Tournaments.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, what about you guys, what are your best feats and accomplishments in Gaming?

Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dom

My greatest feat would be to have outsmarted Demon's Souls by "[Obtaining the] Best Weapon by Darkmoonstone" by drop-trade with a friend.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King
This was pretty awesome.
This was pretty awesome.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ESREVER

S Ranking all of Malicious was a pretty great feeling. Love that game.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

F-Zero GX: Completed all Story Mode chapters on Very Hard and all cups on Master. GOD DAMN.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scrawnto

Honestly, I think the only brag-worthy thing I've ever done in a video game is doing so well in a round of Counter Strike that I was kicked on suspicion of hacking, and that was mostly just me lucking out. I can't think of anything terribly impressive that I've done.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By MildMolasses

At one point I was really good at Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I could beat everyone in the first round with the exceptions of Mike Tyson and Soda Popinski. I know it's impossible to take Tyson down in the first, but Soda just eluded me to the point where I'm convinced it isn't possible

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I once got 4 kills in Dota at the same time using only 1 of Razor's skills. Unfortunately, the host quit, and i forgot to save the replay.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

I guess that S-Ranking Super Meat Boy XBLA is my greatest "measurable" gaming achievement. I'm pretty sure I've done some other "feats", but nothing so concrete as that.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says
  1. S-ranking CoD 4 on veteran INCLUDING Mile High Club.
  2. 100% completing and ghosting every mission in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  3. Getting a gold on every single cop mission in NFS Hot Pursuit (Fucking rapid response was bullshit)
  4. Beating Deus Ex HR without any kills or alarms (200G in one go)
  5. S-ranking Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Skyrim (Bethesda should send me a sticker or something, that's a lot of DLC)
  6. 100% RDR (Those 2 cougars were hard to kill)

None of these are particularly brag-worthy, in fact I'm sure a lot of duders here have done all 6. These are more personal victories that I'm kind of proud of but that on a large scale mean absolutely nothing.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Pop

I beat Super Meat Boy normal world with A+ on all of them, I still have 2 dark stages on the last world, the 2 before the boss, I did beat the boss on dark. I haven't beaten cotton alley, that's too crazy for me, I also unlocked all characters. The kid stages are hardest those things made me so angry.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

The million roses in We <3 Katamari. It doesn't require any skill, but it takes an insane amount of patience.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I was one of the first people in the world to complete GTA IV 100%, and Rockstar sent me a Key to the City. Don't know how many of them there are. They were worth something on ebay for a while.

GTA IV key to the City
GTA IV key to the City
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Lunar_Aura

It's not much but for the longest time I held the world record for a level in Super Meat Boy XBLA. Stage 7-19X "XOXO"

I just checked right now and I'm in 2nd place, beaten by 0.09 seconds :(

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Draxyle

@SpunkyHePanda said:

F-Zero GX: Completed all Story Mode chapters on Very Hard and all cups on Master. GOD DAMN.

You are a king among men.

I think I was only able to complete one of them on Very Hard, the exploding tunnel one (because it was also a relatively short one). It took me a good 30 or so tries on top of that. Completing those courses on Normal was ridiculously hard enough. I'm pretty sure I was able to get all the cups, or whatever it took to unlock the "arcade" stages. It's been awhile.

Other than that.. 100% everything on Yoshi's Island for me. Even the bonus stages. It was many years before I managed to do it.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@Draxyle said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

You are a king among men.

That's all I was looking for.

100% everything on Yoshi's Island for me. Even the bonus stages. It was many years before I managed to do it.

But GODDAMMIT, how did you know those bonus stages were a white whale of mine? Nicely done.

ApolloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By ApolloBob

People hate me for this, but I won the unavoidable Blitzball match in Final Fantasy X on my first try - found out later that it was apparently not that easy to do (actually confirmed it to myself on a second playthrough - "how the hell did I beat this before?")

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Simplexity

Managed to get rank 1 in World of Warcraft Arena, I guess that is brag worthy sort of.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Animasta

Defeated the secret final boss in Resonance of Fate; not that that fight is hard, necessarily, but that final dungeon is rough!

that's really all I got however...

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Beating Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Getting Mile-High Club is definitely an accomplishment, I feel.

Beating Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard.

Beating Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

None of these are particularly unique since a lot of other people have done them but, for me, these are the best so far.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ

My beast feat is getting into Diamond league in StarCraft II.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CatsAkimbo

In Anarchy Online, was part of a group of ~50 raiders to first kill the "Beast," the last boss of the Shadowlands Expansion. It took ~2-3 weeks of raiding every day to figure out how to do it, and the game director at the time showed up in-game to personally congratulate us.

Won a ~100+ player Battlefield 2 tournament. The other team had taken all of the points and I was the only person left alive because the others couldn't spawn. Managed to take a point and we came back to win it.

Co-founded a Team Fortress Classic clan that was at one point the top ranking clan on a ladder (been so long I forget which ladder... ultimate something?)

Was the 50th person to fully complete Limbo, which included a no-death playthrough. This was a horrible experience because the other ~100 people trying to complete it were all such assholes about sharing information, unlike how nice people seemed to be about completing Fez recently.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@GunstarRed said:

The million roses in We <3 Katamari. It doesn't require any skill, but it takes an insane amount of patience.

Ohh I remember doing this. I played so much Katamari that week that I would walk around outside and start gauging how big a katamari it would take to roll up real-life objects like mailboxes, cars, etc. Kind of like the tetris effect!

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By galacticgravy

As a child of about 13, while playing Super Punch-Out!! I KO'd Nick Bruiser, the final opponent, in 5.52 seconds. I was very good (all enemies were beaten in under 15 seconds) but that particular fight was a complete fluke. I was never able to re-create that, and I eventually lost the save. To this day I have never seen a time even close to mine and it's a real shame that I can't prove it or re-create it. It is totally possible that it was a glitch or a bug anyway.

I also once beat "PhantomIceman" the rank 2 player on Capcom vs SNK 2 on Xbox Live with my Terry/Ken/Geese(2) team. He did, however, immediately challenge me to a rematch and ANNIHILATE me.

Edit: Oh I also beat "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert in Guitar Hero III in the middle of a Best Buy I used to work at. It was my first time after a month of trying and I dropped to my knees and started yelling "I AM THE GREATEST" and there was a huge crowd and I was told to calm down by a manager. That is both an accomplishment and a complete embarrassment.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

@AlisterCat said:

I was one of the first people in the world to complete GTA IV 100%, and Rockstar sent me a Key to the City. Don't know how many of them there are. They were worth something on ebay for a while.

GTA IV key to the City
GTA IV key to the City

Nice! That's pretty cool.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By nintendoeats

I own 1150 of them, and my room looks like this. That's pretty satisfying.

zef40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zef40

not sure if this counts but when I used to play wow I once joined a battleground queue at lvl 49 and made it to 53 before I entered, maybe more due to the BGs being dead at the time I was playing. needless to say i got a round of 'hax0rz' and all that.

screenie probly still exists but cba to find

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Levius

I won a TV, a ps2 and the xmen 2 game from KFC that was pretty cool. Inside of games I guess I could regularly finish top of the list at Killzone 3 multiplayer for a while.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jmfinamore

@SpunkyHePanda said:

When I hear about this, I think people like you are inhuman. I was able to do most of them on Very Hard, but a few (the training mission, the tunnel as Jody and the Grand Prix) just seem impossible.

gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gjedwards

turns out i am a bad enough dude to save the president from ninjas.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@HarlequinRiot said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

When I hear about this, I think people like you are inhuman. I was able to do most of them on Very Hard, but a few (the training mission, the tunnel as Jody and the Grand Prix) just seem impossible.

It left a dark mark on my soul, and yet... I would kinda like to try it again sometime. That game was awesome.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrfizzy

@AlisterCat said:

GTA IV key to the City
GTA IV key to the City

I am genuinely impressed.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

I used to be able to beat Time Crisis 2 with one credit consistently, that's about it.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WalkerD
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#35  Edited By alistercat

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie: @mrfizzy: Why thank you. It's not all that impressive. I was just obsessed with that game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hunter5024

I soloed the entirety of Fire Emblem 7 with lords on Hard mode. But I pretty much abused the colosseums and bosses beyond the point of being allowed bragging rights.

Edit: Just remembered I beat the weapons in Final Fantasy 7. Also I've soloed every elite 4 since ruby with my Blaziken without any items.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By laserbolts

@AlisterCat said:

GTA IV key to the City
GTA IV key to the City

This is definitely the coolest thing in this thread.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By ashleychittock

Completed God Hand on its hardest difficulty. Never again.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By onan

@CatsAkimbo said:

In Anarchy Online, was part of a group of ~50 raiders to first kill the "Beast," the last boss of the Shadowlands Expansion. It took ~2-3 weeks of raiding every day to figure out how to do it, and the game director at the time showed up in-game to personally congratulate us.

Won a ~100+ player Battlefield 2 tournament. The other team had taken all of the points and I was the only person left alive because the others couldn't spawn. Managed to take a point and we came back to win it.

Co-founded a Team Fortress Classic clan that was at one point the top ranking clan on a ladder (been so long I forget which ladder... ultimate something?)

Was the 50th person to fully complete Limbo, which included a no-death playthrough. This was a horrible experience because the other ~100 people trying to complete it were all such assholes about sharing information, unlike how nice people seemed to be about completing Fez recently.

I accidentally managed a no-death playthrough while trying to get the 5 deaths or less achievement. Managed to avoid dying right up to that last jump and then somehow got it on the first try. Very surprised by the egg that showed up.

I don't really play games to challenge myself, it's mostly just for fun and to see new things, so repeating sections to be the "best" at it really isn't in my nature. the Limbo thing was pretty much it. Everything else I've done is relatively common.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By saethir

I beat comic jumper.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RedRoach

@Cyrus_Saren said:

Beating Call of Duty 4 on Veteran. Getting Mile-High Club is definitely an accomplishment, I feel.

Beating Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard.

Beating Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

None of these are particularly unique since a lot of other people have done them but, for me, these are the best so far.

I'm also pretty proud of beating CoD4 on veteran. It took me about 3 hours to get past the 5 minute hold out with Mcmillan. Except for Mile High Club.

Fuck mile high club

getting 1000/1000 GS on Skate was pretty hard and getting ll the extreme tracks on Trials HD.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gamefreak9

I haven't played them in awhile but I can beat Metal Slug 1-3 without ever dying, done it a couple of times.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I shot a rocket out of the air with a BR in Halo 3. I think my profile still has a screenshot/saved film of it on Live or whatever.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheHT

dude that video's fucking great. lost my shit at that front flip.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#45  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I don't know. Unlock all the CDs in God Hand twice I guess? (PS2 and PSN) I don't really think God Hand is that hard though.

EDIT: Oh, I got all the achievements in the original Dead Rising. It was actually the first game I got all 1000 achievement points in.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xeirus

@TheHT said:

dude that video's fucking great. lost my shit at that front flip.

Yeah I got a pretty good laugh at it too, I hate/love that game

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zero_

I spent 8 hours on Christmas day finishing The Kid level from Super Meat Boy. Yep.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48  Edited By JasonR86

I felt pretty great beating super meat boy.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShaggE

Nothing amazing comes to mind, so here's a future-brag: Blood. On Extra Crispy difficulty. Someday, somehow, I will manage this.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vextroid

100% Crash 1/2/3

100% Wario Land 3. Lost the cart though :'(