The Ultimate Brag Thread!!! Your Best Feats in Gaming.

• 123 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Beating Golden Axe Warrior without knowing how to read English yet was pretty amazing in hindsight.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By dbz1995
@SpunkyHePanda said:

F-Zero GX: Completed all Story Mode chapters on Very Hard and all cups on Master. GOD DAMN.

Jesus Christ, mate. That is some serious lightspeed skills. 

Completed Shinobi III in 25 minutes.
Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Onno10

Beat all dynasty warriors 6 stages on chaos mode, seriously, some of those stages took over 2 hours, and the tinyest mistake meant you do it all over again.

(especially the lu bu scenarios, seriously, FUCK the lu bu scenarios)

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Dunchad
  • Got all the trinkets in VVVVVV.
  • A+ on everything in Light World in Super Meat Boy (and most of Dark World as well, just not all - maybe one day). Note: Fuck you Cotton Alley!
  • Mastered(?) strafe-jumping and the possible jumps in active maps (at the time) in Action Quake 2.
  • Got the Wizard's epic weapon / Got the Fungi Tunic from shroom king / Found and killed 'an ancient cyclops' for my jboots. (EverQuest)

VVVVVV / SMB are among the first games where I felt the need to challenge myself. Usually I don't bother, but there was something different about those two and thanks to them, I discovered the joy of beating my head against the wall for hours upon hours, just for that fleeting moment of happiness that awaits at the end.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By fraser

I finished Max Payne 3 on Payne Killer last week - though I'm not sure how impressive that is of an achievement!

Other than that it's pretty generic stuff;

• Finishing Demon's Souls.
  • Getting 100% in Red Dead Redemption. (And Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga)
  • Completing Resident Evil 4 in about 2 and a half hours.

Can't think of much else right now, but it's pretty depressing that those are the three things that spring to mind after 20 years of gaming.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Z3RO180 said:

halo reach and halo 3 went on to a slayer game and got a perfict game 25 kills no Deaths. Those are my best feats in gameing.

I'm not an Halo Fan, but, that is pretty amazing....

@nate6858 said:

One of my favorite moments was jumping into a random Unreal Tournament dm server. It was set up for a 20 frag limit per map and when I joined the guy in 1st had 18. I went 20-0 and won the round. Then I got banned from the server because they were sure I was cheating. Good times.

Damn, that is even crazier!!!@NeutralDensity said:

Beat original Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.

I think I beat all of mission mode in Ninja Gaiden Black (possible there is one I have not).

S-ranked Super Meat Boy.

Beat Phantasy Star 2 (That one drove me crazy. What a confusing labyrinth.)

Beat Guitar Hero 3 on expert (had to exploit the last boss. Seriously, it is HARD if you do not exploit.)

Beat Demons Souls (actually was not that bad, but considering some get driven nuts by this, I felt really good after.)

Completed all story chapters on very hard in F-Zero GX. I might have completed all cups on master too.

Beat hardcore mode in Splosion Man.

Beat Megaman 9 without using any continues (probably abused the shop though).

Beat Silver Surfer on NES.

Got platinum in Rayman Origins.

Got gold trophies in all the story stages in Catherine on normal.

Beat Viewtiful Joe on hardest difficulty (used an exploit on one of the last bosses though).

I might have more, but those are the ones I remember well. Everyone has some cool ones. I really want a new F-Zero and Viewtiful Joe now.

Wow, why do you do that to yourself?!

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By buzz_clik

S-Ranks in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and COD4 are pretty big ones for me.

Also, I can speedrun Impossible Mission on C64 any time I want; I've completed that game on four different formats. But you kids wouldn't care about that.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#108  Edited By Marino  Staff

I don't know if it's my greatest feat, but it's probably one of the rarest thing I've obtained.

For completing GTAIV 100% within a week or so of the game's release.
mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By mitsuko_souma

I beat Contra on the very first try without using the konami code ;_;

...just kidding!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By Dagbiker

One time we were playing DnD and played the Deck Of Many Things, I pulled the Skull, that meant I had to fight a battle alone, I think, I dont remember this was 7 years ago. And our DM randomly picked Death for me to fight, It looked like it was going to be a short battle, and no one could help, because they would all spawn a Death of their own to fight if they did. So my only hope was to call over to my friend and have him throw me his +3 flaming sword. Let it be knowen I lived that day.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#111  Edited By bobafettjm

@AlisterCat: @Marino:

Amazing, I am truly jealous.

I can't really think of one specific moment in a game that I am most proud of, but I am pretty proud of my gaming room.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I'm really good at pausing in Amnesia. Almost TOO good.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Sackmanjones

I beat Dark Souls

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#114  Edited By egg
  • Ace Combat X - all S ranks all difficulties
  • Ace Combat Joint Assault - S rank every single player mission, every difficulty, even final mission (21A)
  • F-Zero GX - all cups on highest difficulty. (We 100 percented story mode on two occasions, but since I did it with someone else both times, I supposed I technically I can't lay claim to ever doing it at all, even though I carried most of the weight!)
  • Mega Man X - under one hour (real time)
  • Mega Man X6 - under 30 minutes (game time, as according to ending stat screen)
  • Mr. Driller 2 - Unlocked Very Hard stage. (yes, simply unlocking this stage is an accomplishment. And I still have yet to beat it though. Got close a few times though.) Also, I unlocked all but 3 driller cards. (1 for beating very hard, 2 for Driller badge on each stage, and 3 for beating Hard while breaking 25 X-blocks.)
  • Pokemon Puzzle League - beat Mewtwo
  • Pursuit Force - finished story mode (yes, simply finishing it is an accomplishment)
  • Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice - 9-starred every mission
  • SA2B / Heroes / ShadowTH / SonicTH - all S ranks (unless there are no S ranks, in which case A ranks) Also, 1000 gamerscore in SonicTH, and finished Very Hard or Expert mode (whichever it was called) in ShadowTH (but not Super Hard mode in Heroes. That I never managed to do, plus I kept losing patience. I guess Shadow's very hard mode is just easier of the two.)
  • Sonic Unleashed PS2Wii - 100 percent completion (PS2 version)
PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115  Edited By PeezMachine

I beat Vietcong on "Vietcong" Difficulty. The one where you get about 3 or 4 saves per level (and have no idea when the level ends...). I also turned off any and all HUD.

I was also pretty proud of myself as a 4th grader for beating Myst.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By egg

@HarlequinRiot said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

F-Zero GX: Completed all Story Mode chapters on Very Hard and all cups on Master. GOD DAMN.

When I hear about this, I think people like you are inhuman. I was able to do most of them on Very Hard, but a few (the training mission, the tunnel as Jody and the Grand Prix) just seem impossible.

I definitely did the training mission and the grand prix. The underground lava race was the tough one. Couldn't do it, even though I'm sure I did it back in the day. Still too hard though.

Thing is that the training mission and grand prix aren't that bad once you figure them out. Whereas the lava cave duel has the problem of those mines, which are unpredictable. Having to manage your health at the same time makes it even more complicated since not you both want to hit mines to go faster but pray not to pinbball into other mines resulting in KO.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#117  Edited By Halos_god

100% Completion of San Andreas including all 70 Unique Stunt Ramps.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#118  Edited By jakob187

I got 100% on "I Saw Her Standing There" on bass for The Beatles: Rock Band. Based on the rarity of that achievement on Giant Bomb, that makes me feel pretty brag-worthy.

I beat in a couple of matches of Street Fighter IV when it came out. That was a pretty good accomplishment for me.

I have gotten all of the Platinum medals on SSX 3, which for anyone who knows, Platinum medals were the highest scores that the developers were ever able to get.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to beat Diablo III on Inferno before 1.03 with my Barbarian. By the stats that Blizzard keeps throwing out there, that seems like a high accomplishment to pull off. I'm right after Siegebreaker in Act III on Inferno.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By John1912

I guess beating Mike Tysons punch out when i was 10. I just found out a few years back its even possible to hit him in the first 1:30s, and get a first round TKO. I usually had to go 3 rounds with that fucker. Placing in the top 50 in the Ninja Gaiden MNM tourny was a good one too...

*Edit Actually being able to beat half of the NES games out there is a hell of a feat. Mega man, 1942, Rygar, Castlevania (never beat that, fucking Reaper) Blaster Master. Its actually insane they expected anyone to beat half the NES games that were ever made.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By umdesch4

@buzz_clik said:

Also, I can speedrun Impossible Mission on C64 any time I want; I've completed that game on four different formats. But you kids wouldn't care about that.

Ho-ly shit man! Impossible Mission is one of the C64 games that truly pissed me off because I never managed to finish it. My hat is off to you...

PS. My greatest game accomplishment is pretty much setting up my gaming room. I may not be a good enough gamer to compete with the likes of people in here, but I game in style with an Epson 1080p projector, projecting onto a 120" screen, accompanied by 750 watts of 7.1 surround sound. I have skilled gamers come to my house, so they can show me how it's done, and I can give them a mind-blowing environment in which to do it. ;)

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cid798

Discovered the button input for the cheat menu in Chakan The Forever Man on Genesis on my own/by accident without even knowing it existed.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Dunchad said:

• Got all the trinkets in VVVVVV.
  • A+ on everything in Light World in Super Meat Boy (and most of Dark World as well, just not all - maybe one day). Note: Fuck you Cotton Alley!
  • Mastered(?) strafe-jumping and the possible jumps in active maps (at the time) in Action Quake 2.
  • Got the Wizard's epic weapon / Got the Fungi Tunic from shroom king / Found and killed 'an ancient cyclops' for my jboots. (EverQuest)

VVVVVV / SMB are among the first games where I felt the need to challenge myself. Usually I don't bother, but there was something different about those two and thanks to them, I discovered the joy of beating my head against the wall for hours upon hours, just for that fleeting moment of happiness that awaits at the end.

Yes, it's so satisfying.

@fraser said:

I finished Max Payne 3 on Payne Killer last week - though I'm not sure how impressive that is of an achievement!

Other than that it's pretty generic stuff;

• Finishing Demon's Souls.
  • Getting 100% in Red Dead Redemption. (And Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga)
  • Completing Resident Evil 4 in about 2 and a half hours.

Can't think of much else right now, but it's pretty depressing that those are the three things that spring to mind after 20 years of gaming.

Oh, man, reading that last comment, and then looking at your avy...

Priceless!!!

@Marino said:

I don't know if it's my greatest feat, but it's probably one of the rarest thing I've obtained.

A guy on the first page has the same key, but still, pretty cool.

@mitsuko_souma said:

I beat Contra on the very first try without using the konami code ;_;

...just kidding!

HA!!!

NeutralDensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#123  Edited By NeutralDensity

@BPRJCTX said:

@Z3RO180 said:

halo reach and halo 3 went on to a slayer game and got a perfict game 25 kills no Deaths. Those are my best feats in gameing.

I'm not an Halo Fan, but, that is pretty amazing....

@nate6858 said:

One of my favorite moments was jumping into a random Unreal Tournament dm server. It was set up for a 20 frag limit per map and when I joined the guy in 1st had 18. I went 20-0 and won the round. Then I got banned from the server because they were sure I was cheating. Good times.

Damn, that is even crazier!!!@NeutralDensity said:

Beat original Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.

I think I beat all of mission mode in Ninja Gaiden Black (possible there is one I have not).

S-ranked Super Meat Boy.

Beat Phantasy Star 2 (That one drove me crazy. What a confusing labyrinth.)

Beat Guitar Hero 3 on expert (had to exploit the last boss. Seriously, it is HARD if you do not exploit.)

Beat Demons Souls (actually was not that bad, but considering some get driven nuts by this, I felt really good after.)

Completed all story chapters on very hard in F-Zero GX. I might have completed all cups on master too.

Beat hardcore mode in Splosion Man.

Beat Megaman 9 without using any continues (probably abused the shop though).

Beat Silver Surfer on NES.

Got platinum in Rayman Origins.

Got gold trophies in all the story stages in Catherine on normal.

Beat Viewtiful Joe on hardest difficulty (used an exploit on one of the last bosses though).

I might have more, but those are the ones I remember well. Everyone has some cool ones. I really want a new F-Zero and Viewtiful Joe now.

Wow, why do you do that to yourself?!

I don't know. I like video games. It really helped that I loved most of these enough to keep me engaged to get those accomplishments. Here is an update: Beat Spelunky without shortcuts. Now trying to beat the Hell world in that.