Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#51  Edited By AgentJ
@nofx4208 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" yay my first weekend during school will be spent at PAX! I'm excited for this, because the only other game convention i've been to was E4All... both years it was active XD.

EDIT: @AgentJ: WOAH... rooster teeth will be at PAX?!?! now I have a bigger reason to go XD
giant bomb is there, rooster teeth is there, now all I need is dead rising 2 which is highly unlikely but a man can dream though... a man can dream...
"
Yeah, Rooster Teeth is always there, or at least they have been the last three years. Since Capcom wasnt at E3 i wouldnt be suprised if they are looking for a different venue to show their games off at. They'd probably choose TGS over PAX, but like you said, a man can dream.,
"
lol thanks for the extended info man! Oh jeez my head might explode I really excited for this :O
now just to plan my days out (is there a schedule of panels and bands and such??)
also, can anyone fill me in on that rental game room thing? I'd just like to know more :P if not, I shall google
"
The schedule isnt out yet, but I promise that once the schedule is available I will post it on this thread. As far as the game room thing goes, what do you want to know? They'll have hundreds, if not thousands, of games available (i've seen people playing obscure hits like Odin Sphere), probably over 100 consoles set up, and all you have to do is wait in line for the game
Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
@AgentJ said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" yay my first weekend during school will be spent at PAX! I'm excited for this, because the only other game convention i've been to was E4All... both years it was active XD.

EDIT: @AgentJ: WOAH... rooster teeth will be at PAX?!?! now I have a bigger reason to go XD
giant bomb is there, rooster teeth is there, now all I need is dead rising 2 which is highly unlikely but a man can dream though... a man can dream...
"
Yeah, Rooster Teeth is always there, or at least they have been the last three years. Since Capcom wasnt at E3 i wouldnt be suprised if they are looking for a different venue to show their games off at. They'd probably choose TGS over PAX, but like you said, a man can dream.,
"
lol thanks for the extended info man! Oh jeez my head might explode I really excited for this :O
now just to plan my days out (is there a schedule of panels and bands and such??)
also, can anyone fill me in on that rental game room thing? I'd just like to know more :P if not, I shall google
"
The schedule isnt out yet, but I promise that once the schedule is available I will post it on this thread. As far as the game room thing goes, what do you want to know? They'll have hundreds, if not thousands, of games available (i've seen people playing obscure hits like Odin Sphere), probably over 100 consoles set up, and all you have to do is wait in line for the game
"
ahh, I just wanted to know If I had to like call in advance and say "I WANT TO PLAY ODST BY MYSELF" or something. Well it seems reasonable and depending on the games (and I'm sure that there are many) I'll probably check out some rooms. Thanks again man!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AgentJ
@nofx4208 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @nofx4208 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @nofx4208 said:

"
"
"
"
ahh, I just wanted to know If I had to like call in advance and say "I WANT TO PLAY ODST BY MYSELF" or something. Well it seems reasonable and depending on the games (and I'm sure that there are many) I'll probably check out some rooms. Thanks again man!
"
No problem. Does ODST really come out before PAX? Sorry, i haven't been paying attention
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By TwoOneFive

sept 4?

if you guys want, we should get a list of who wants to go and then meet up there, because this could be a sweet trip. everyone should wear GB shirts we could go in there and kick ass. i live in Philly so it would be fun to go there, never been around there before. 
get it all on tape, i'm sure the GB staff would be very supportive 
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AgentJ
@TwoOneFive:

I probably wouldnt be wearing a GB shirt (more likely my "its super effective" penny arcade shirt) but it would be interesting to meet some people there. If thats what people want to do I'll start putting a roster of users that are going to be there on the OP.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By TwoOneFive
@AgentJ: yea i dont own a GB shirt anyways. 
It would be funny seeing everyone wearing the NEVER bitch shirts. 
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm going next year.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AgentJ
@TwoOneFive said:
" @AgentJ: yea i dont own a GB shirt anyways. 
It would be funny seeing everyone wearing the NEVER bitch shirts. 
"
Meh...eh...
@dsplayer1010 said:
" I'm going next year. "
To the real one or the east coast one?
Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Tanuki

As of yesterday I've decided I am totally going.  Now that I own a car, I can totally go wherever the hell I want.  (I don't know why I took forever to buy a car... I'm friggin 24)   It'll be a fun 12 hour road trip.  All I gotta do now is convince whoever manages wherever I find a job in the next little bit that I'll need a week off in September.  Should be fun.  So you can add me to that roster if you like.  ;)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AgentJ
@Tanuki said:
" As of yesterday I've decided I am totally going.  Now that I own a car, I can totally go wherever the hell I want.  (I don't know why I took forever to buy a car... I'm friggin 24)   It'll be a fun 12 hour road trip.  All I gotta do now is convince whoever manages wherever I find a job in the next little bit that I'll need a week off in September.  Should be fun.  So you can add me to that roster if you like.  ;) "
Good to hear! 12 hours, I'm thinking either eastern washington (Spokane area? thats where gabe and tycho, Penny Arcades founders, are from) or Oregon. If its Oregon then *shun*. TIMBERS SUCK!
But in all seriousness, I hope to see you there!
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dsplayer1010
@AgentJ: I thought the east coast one was the real one.
Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Tanuki

I'm from Alberta, Canada.  So I'll be going to Seattle, of course.

Edit:  Although the thought of being at a convention with 10s of thousands of people is freaking me out.  ;)  But it'll be awesome to meet up with other Bombers.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AgentJ
@dsplayer1010 said:
" @AgentJ: I thought the east coast one was the real one. "
What? NO! Every PAX has been in the Seattle area, and they are only doing an east coast branch because the audience has doubled almost every year of its existance and they cant hold everything in one facility anymore. 
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dsplayer1010
@AgentJ: Oh. Well, I'm still excited
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AgentJ

I just added the new list of Exhibitors, courtesy of Kotaku, and also detailed how to get to the convention center from the airport. 

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By kraznor

Went last year and I will return, though I am bringing three others this time around. Really looking forward to it, last year's show was literally a life-changing event and I expect that this year's show will be as well.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By alexrubens

I wish Atlus was coming that way I could get some Persona PSP swag... oh well. Its gonna be great. GB COMMUNITY MEET-UP needs to happen.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By dethfish

I thought I was going to be able to go but I'm seriously doubting it now. Wish I could though.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AgentJ
@Dethfish77 said:
" I thought I was going to be able to go but I'm seriously doubting it now. Wish I could though. "
Deathfish... *fist shake*
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By dethfish
@AgentJ said:
" @Dethfish77 said:
" I thought I was going to be able to go but I'm seriously doubting it now. Wish I could though. "
Deathfish... *fist shake* "

Yeah, I know. I would be going but I just have a lot of personal shit going on. I don't see how I'd be able to spend a weekend in Seattle right now.  

Trust me, I'm disappointed. Going to PAX probably would have been the highlight of my year.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AgentJ
@Dethfish77 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Dethfish77 said:
Deathfish... *fist shake* "
Yeah, I know. I would be going but I just have a lot of personal shit going on. I don't see how I'd be able to spend a weekend in Seattle right now.   Trust me, I'm disappointed. Going to PAX probably would have been the highlight of my year. "
*Grumble Grumble* 

Well, for people who think they CAN go, I just updated the OP with the entire show schedule! For people who aren't interested yet, this may just change your mind!
FatalError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FatalError

I really wish i could go.

But I have neither the money, nor a ride.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AgentJ

A warning to anyone that wants to go: In his blog today, Tycho said that it is likely the three day passes will sell out TODAY. there are only 400 left. If you want to go, you need to buy ASAP or risk not going at all (or being limited to single day passes) 

Edit: Well thats it folks. Sounds like all the three day passes are gone. Stay tuned though, as Gabe had a little "or is it" bit at the end. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AgentJ

Only one week left folks. There have been a few announcements made recently about which games will be showing up and who will be attending. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that there are some Mass Effect 2 and Scribblenauts stations available. 

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By bretthancock

Tip:  For food walk directly east of the convention center and over the freeway to get to "Capital Hill".  Downtown Seattle sucks for food but Capital Hill has a ton of awesome stuff that's within walking distance.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AgentJ
@bretthancock said:
" Tip:  For food walk directly east of the convention center and over the freeway to get to "Capital Hill".  Downtown Seattle sucks for food but Capital Hill has a ton of awesome stuff that's within walking distance. "
For the most part I agree, but Pacific Place has a few good places to eat. I'm a fan of Johnny Rockets. Pacific Place is about 2 blocks away from the convention center and while you are there you can buy a soccer jersey that says XBOX 360 on it (XBOX sponsors the Seattle Sounders FC)
bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By bretthancock

True, I get my share of Johnny Rockets and any other chain place because that's the only place my wife will eat, thus I never recommend them.

Supporting the Sounders is a fantastic idea!