#2601 Posted by Zicdab (388 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3 is an underrated game.

Halo 4 is, at best, an average game.

The Walking Dead did not make my top ten list last year.

Black Ops 2 handled moral choices better than The Walking Dead.

Spec Ops: The Line had a bad ending

I would rather play Kingdom Hearts 3 than Half-Life 2: Episode Three ( and I really like Half-Life 2)

#2602 Posted by bybeach (4724 posts) -

I suddenly stopped playing Far Cry 3 because I got bored. Halo 4 seems hard for me to play. I still like Borderlands 2, although that is flickering. IDK if any of these are real unpopular.. I could say I didn't buy Black ops 2 because even then I was sick of military combat and killing humans, you know, thump that drum.. But in reality I still would of bought Black Ops2 instead of Modern Warfare 3 anyday, so I was pissed. (oh, I only do SP camapaign..heh) Oh how I look back to CoD 1 and ESPECIALLY CoD 2..that might not be unpopular also.

I'm trying! Come up w/something.....

#2603 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Counter Strike while important to the fps genre is not fun.

#2604 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

IGN is a decent website.

#2605 Posted by Gaussan (6 posts) -

I liked the Homefront multiplayer....when it finally worked.

#2606 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Mass Effect 1 is better than Mass Effect 2

#2607 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

this thread is like a massive turd than refuses to flush

#2608 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Valve is terribly overrated.

#2609 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

Brink was a GREAT game.

#2610 Posted by kre8havoc (173 posts) -

Does it have to be about video games?

If not...I don't like dubstep.

#2611 Edited by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

Gabe Newell is a complete jackass.

#2612 Posted by 500xp (68 posts) -

Super Smash Bros. Melee is the best fighting game of all time. OF ALL TIME.

I don't have a problem with most quick-time events.

Most Zelda games suck.

Gyarados is the best pokemon of all time. Shiny Gyarados is the second best.

Dead Space is vastly, grossly overrated. The first one was okay.

Reservoir Dogs is better than Pulp Fiction. As is Kill Bill.

Old people are scary.

I don't read most articles on Giantbomb. I just listen to the Bombcast.

#2613 Posted by shoe456 (1 posts) -

I just kinda ended up typing random thoughts out. They may or may not actually be unpopular opinions. Also, the fourth point is just mean :(, but it's okay because I put myself down in there too. Problem solved! Vindication! This post might be somewhat negative but I'm generally a content omni-gamer. I have been told on Ventrilo when discussing games, that my opinion doesn't matter because I like everything :)

-Half Life 2 has more gameplay variety in its first hour or two than most shooters have in their entire campaign. It's a very good game (but I still get bored of it partway through, and have only beaten it once xD--no idea why but I'm always like, "This is great," followed several hours later by complete disinterest, but that can happen to me with a lot of games I think are good).

-I think almost every Mario game is quite good, and the core 2D and 3D platformer Mario games get way more flack than they deserve. Especially for "just being the same game over and over." Yes, they are still platformers, but most of them are pretty varied within themselves, and from one game to the next (I have not played any of the New Super Mario Brothers series, so I accept that Mario may be lazy and formulaic lately). They may share common themes, art and enemies (like say Final Fantasy has), but I believe they mix it up with most iterations to be a unique platformer (like how FF mixes it up). Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario; Super Mario World, my favorite 2D.

-I don't understand how some people can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p; or the difference between console and PC graphics, and especially the difference between standard definition and HD. Are you blind? I probably just sit too close to my TV... but wow, Anarchy Reigns is ugly--probably an unfair example, many consoles games look better than AR--but wowie wowzie woah, it's so blurry, desaturated and jaggy-filled. My eyes get sore so quickly playing that muddy mess. Another example is people who think Bioshock 2 looks good on consoles. The drill looks like a cardboard cutout, the enemies are low-poly staircases of jaggies and those textures are some of the muddiest I've seen on console (PS3 version). Some console games look pretty good, like SFxT or Sonic Racing Transformed, but even then you can tell it's running at 720p and not 1080p+. Consoles = old person with cataracts; decent or better PC = 20/20 vision. Note: this is based on consoles on my 42" 1080p HDTV. I still do have fun on consoles :P I just like complaining about the image quality. Also, watch any 3D animated movie on Blu Ray and tell with a straight face that 1080p "doesn't make any difference."

-Many people on the internet appear to have very poor reading comprehension (as demonstrated by frequent occurrences of the original author that has been quoted (or an intervening onlooker), having to correct the insane person attacking them because they can't read). I like to think my reading comprehension is pretty good (but I probably screw it up fairly regularly too, plus there's the whole subjectivity thing). Although, this appearance of poor reading ability might simply be attributable to my hunch that many people skim-read forums. I, on the other hand, often carefully read most things, including forum posts. So, in the end, maybe I'm the greater fool for devoting way too much time to carefully reading stream-of-consciousness rantings on the internet.

#2614 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@algertman said:

Valve is terribly overrated.

I'm not a big fan of valve's games but I am grateful for them because steam is such an awesome service.

#2615 Posted by cloudnineboya (763 posts) -

crysis2 is not shyte, crysis1 is kinda, every one and his dog goes on about how great the first half is, really. killing the same character model over and over is amazing, with their amazing if you sneeze with a silencer attached to your nose a mile away they will spot you AI! i dont know about that. i preferred the second half more, a open world does not make a game better. really did like crysis2 a lot more. shooting trees into a hundred pieces was and is still fun tho.

#2616 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

Zeno Clash 2 is a fantastic game D:

#2617 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

HIGH MOTHERFUCKING FIVE

#2618 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

@animasta said:

@beachthunder said:

HIGH MOTHERFUCKING FIVE

*high fives* Hooray for the only 2 people that seem to enjoy ZC :o

#2619 Edited by Soviet666 (287 posts) -

1. Borderlands 1 and 2 are both boring and highly overrated.
2. Old games always suck, except RTCW.
3. Competitive multiplayer scene and games are completely destroyed by CoD.
4. Every F2P game is P2W.
5. EA is alright.
6. No one cares about feminism and sexism and stuff like that in video games.
7. GiantBomb needs some proper news coverage.

#2620 Edited by SharkEthic (1004 posts) -

@soviet666 said:

1. Borderlands 1 and 2 are both boring and highly overrated.

2. Old games always suck, except RTCW.

3. Competitive multiplayer scene and games are completely destroyed by CoD.

4. Every F2P game is P2W.

5. EA is alright.

6. No one cares about feminism and sexism and stuff like that in video games.

7. GiantBomb needs some proper news coverage.

Most of these aren't really unpopular as much as they're just plain wrong.

#2621 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite has a dumb ending.

#2622 Edited by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 art style was raped by fans and Valve.

Mass Effect 1 is highly overrated by fans.

RAGE was a fantastic shooter.

Black Ops 1 was the best game in the CoD series.

Dead Rising is one of the best franchises Capcom has.

Little Big Planet is a terrible sidescroller with its only redeeming quality creating things.

Bioshock's gameplay was boring.

Kratos is an completely unlikable character.

Uncharted 2 looks good but plays like shit.

Gears of War is an ok TPS at best.

Left 4 Dead 2 was terrible in comparison to the original.

#2623 Edited by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

Apparently I'm the only person who bought the new Fire Emblem game and didn't instantly jiz his pants playing it and swear to all the gods that ever existed that it's the greatest game ever made.The way the combat in that game works just is not fun for me. I can't stand how your guys are like made of tissue paper and one tile too far and they instantly get ganged up on and dead in one turn and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, I often times feel like I'm the only person who treats other people with any respect. Though I suppose working at a call center talking to people for 9 hours a day who don't know a damn thing they are talking about but like to act like they are masters of a topic and that because the company has decided that they don't want to offer something in their warranty that the customer thinks they are entitled to gives them free reign to attack you as a person because you are obviously only saying it to them because you hate them and you are out to screw over this random person that you have never met before because you are obviously evil incarnate because they have to wait a few days longer than they want to to have someone fix their broken phone can give a person that kind of perspective.

#2624 Posted by Reisz (1460 posts) -

Black Ops 1 was the best game in the CoD series.

Dead Rising is one of the best franchises Capcom has.

Little Big Planet is a terrible sidescroller with its only redeeming quality creating things.

Kratos is an completely unlikable character.

Left 4 Dead 2 was terrible in comparison to the original.

We should hang out.

#2625 Edited by Kraznor (1578 posts) -

Random Access Memories may be more varied musically, but I had a better time with Justice's Access All Arenas. It just has more party in it.

#2626 Edited by audioBusting (1477 posts) -
  • GTA4 is a piece of shit; I played 15 hours of it and hated almost every minute.
  • Wind Waker's Triforce pieces hunting is the best part of the game. Actually, the best part of all 3D Zelda game (also: Wind Waker is the only good 3D Zelda game).
  • All God of War games pale in comparison to Bayonetta and Devil May Cry.
  • The writing in every Mass Effect games is mostly bad. It's like they made a fascinating universe and wrote fanfiction for it.
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a very good film, at least one of the best I watched last year.
  • Justin Bieber's songs are okay. I don't like his new stuff but I kinda liked Baby in a weird way. (His manager is definitely a fucking genius though.)
  • Anyone who takes English or Business majors for their undergrad is making a mistake.
  • Jade Empire is stupid. Good riddance!

Brink was a GREAT game.

It is good! I would've played more of it if it doesn't lag so much for me.

#2627 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2210 posts) -

I like Yoshi I can't understand why he is despised so much, he can eat bad guys, crap them out as eggs and throw them. Also he's a dinosaur!

#2628 Posted by Nezza (333 posts) -
    • The elevators and planet exploration with the Mako contributed hugely to making Mass Effect feel bigger and more immersive then the sequels
    • The camera controls for Ocarina of Time on the 3DS are horrible to someone coming to the series having never played on the N64.
    • Bioshock Infinite really isn't anything special. It is a shooter with slightly less linearity then shooters normally have, and the ending feels contrived.
    • Games really are still in their infancy when it comes to story telling when compared to other mediums. Reaction to (all) Bioshock's stories prove this. However the universes that they create to exist in are fantastically rich, and the storytelling will continue to improve.
    • Mario is a bloody annoying mascot and his overuse gives the impression Nintendo is for younger gamers only.
    • The Vita has a very enjoyable range of title available for it.
    • Far Cry 3 was a chore to play and the characters were not remotely likeable, even in an ironic way.
    • The wider perception of Xbox Live users reputation for being childish, racist and homophobic is entirely deserved and Microsoft has encouraged this aggressive behaviour towards other users since day one (see video).
#2629 Edited by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

The Vita is the best handheld out right now is one I barely hear a lot of.

#2630 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Giant bomb is going downhill and has been for like 6 months.

#2631 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3735 posts) -

@jz: So right around the time you created your account? What a coincidence.

#2632 Posted by UpInLights (21 posts) -

I Love Alpha Protocol and think that is a great game

#2633 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

I Love Alpha Protocol and think that is a great game

this really isn't an unpopular opinion, to be quite honest.

#2634 Posted by Levio (1783 posts) -

Fred Flintstone is a terrible father. George Jetson isn't as bad, but considering he has a 9 hour work week, he has no excuse not to do better.

#2635 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

I like the Vita more than the 3DS and the 360 more than PS3.

#2636 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I think the notion that "video game stories generally aren't up to par with other mediums" is bogus.

#2637 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -
  • Assassin's Creed III is the best one in the series, followed (in order) by AC1, AC Brotherhood, AC II and AC Revelations
  • The Walking Dead is a coldly calculated emotional manipulation experiment and nothing more
  • Nintendo is going to be a software only company before the end of this generation AND RIGHTLY SO, since their current modus operendai consists almost exclusively of trading on nostalgia and rehashing the same 20 year old IPs a gazillion times
  • EA does not deserve the hate it gets
  • Half Life 2 is inordinately overrated and, along similar lines, there is absolutely no way Half Life 3 is going to live up to any of the hype that it has somehow gathered despite not even officially existing. The internet backlash is going to be worse than ME3
  • Call of Duty 4 is the most important game of the generation (most IMPORTANT, not BEST)
#2638 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

Zelda II is actually pretty all right.

Well, at very least, I started enjoying it once I started using save states...

#2639 Posted by mrmanga (219 posts) -

* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Gamecube was a great game.
* Mario Party was never good.
* Dan Brown is a good writer.
* Battle Royal is way better then The Hunger Games.
* Nintendo needs to change.

#2640 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4928 posts) -

Mayonnaise is awesome and goes well with almost every food.

#2641 Edited by JasonR86 (9604 posts) -

Tomb Raider is better than Bioshock Infinite.

#2642 Posted by schreiberty (204 posts) -

I like the Kinect

also sour cream on hot dogs

#2643 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Pacific Rim was just okay

#2644 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

The Mass Effect Series was just "ok" and not as good as fans say.

#2645 Posted by RVonE (4603 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Tomb Raider is better than Bioshock Infinite.

I don't know about better but I sure did have more fun with Tomb Raider.

#2646 Posted by Corvak (887 posts) -

I like to think of this thread as the GB community's "airing of grievances" during festivus.

The Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't that bad.

#2647 Edited by JasonR86 (9604 posts) -

@rvone:

There were big areas in Infinite that really dragged and Tomb Raider didn't really have that. The stories don't compare. Besides how the game handles Lara the story in Tomb Raider is fairly poor. But the gameplay is much better.

#2648 Posted by RVonE (4603 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@rvone:

There were big areas in Infinite that really dragged and Tomb Raider didn't really have that. The stories don't compare. Besides how the game handles Lara the story in Tomb Raider is fairly poor. But the gameplay is much better.

Yeah, I agree. Also, what really stood out to me is Lara's breathing. Somehow hearing her breath all the time made the experience more immersive for me. Gameplay was a ton of fun, that's for sure.

#2649 Posted by pweidman (2297 posts) -

GTA has always sucked, GTA4 was the most overrated game of all-time, and GTA 5 won't be much better. GTA 5: Jack of all trades, truly competent in none. 0.0

And Best Foods Mayonnaise only. Steer clear of all pretenders.

#2650 Edited by Zapbrader (173 posts) -
  • The best Devil May Cry game is 4.
  • Might Morphin Power Rangers The Movie is an underrated SNES title.
  • Any one of Microsoft's first party IP is better than all of Sony's put together.