Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Seppli said:

"  

"
This is what need for speed is about, just getting excitement from real pure speed.
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By nail1080

Need for Speed? Versus? HA HA HA HA HA very funny mate, you cannot compare that garbage to GT or Forza. I'll be getting Forza as it has realistic car damage and GT doesn't (or it probably won't anyway). Also I don't own a PS3 nor do I care to own one as they seem boring as hell to me. And no I don't want blu ray I watch my movies for free using something called the internet

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53  Edited By Seppli
@nail1080 said:

" Need for Speed? Versus? HA HA HA HA HA very funny mate, you cannot compare that garbage to GT or Forza. I'll be getting Forza as it has realistic car damage and GT doesn't (or it probably won't anyway). Also I don't own a PS3 nor do I care to own one as they seem boring as hell to me. And no I don't want blu ray I watch my movies for free using something called the internet "

I actually believe Need for Speed : Shift can hold its own against Forza 3 and Gran Tourismo 5. The driving experience definitly looks more dynamic and exciting to me, than Forza 3s. Forza 3 does look good in that department too, just not as good as Shift. Forza 3 outshines Shift in other departments though. More content (tracks and cars), tons of community driven features, such as vinyl and car trade, as well as video recording/editing. Forza 3 is for players, who want to make Forza 3 their hobby for years to come. I'm not that person.

Anyhow, since I'm all about the racing and not so much about extras, I'm going for Shift. Especially since it's about 20% off fullprice right from the start. I don't intend to play any racer forever, it just has to last until Brutal Legend hits. It definitly has, what it takes to do that. And it's perfect for the quick lap online every now and then for the coming year or so.

I don't think your attitude towards Shift is merited. It's a top notch product, that doesn't have to hide from the likes of Forza 3 or Gran Tourismo 5. Scale isn't everything. The racing experience is.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By StaticFalconar

maybe if all three of them was coming out around the same time then i would have to choose but seeing as gt5 is coming out whenevr I can always get shift or forza then gt5 without much hassle.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Seppli
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By pause422

Forza VS GT I can see, even though Forza will far surpass it probably, they are comparable..however Shift has no place really in this at all.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Liber

From what I seen on the videos , Forza 3 does not have hand animations when you change gear ... thats meh :(

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Seppli

As I said before, Need for Speed : Shift's take on the cockpit view, the actual driver's first person perspective, and how it's being affected by gravitational forces and such, makes handling Shift's virtual racecars feel more dynamic and exciting, than Forza 3s and Gran Tourismo 5s racing experience does - it seems. Of course all 3 games are well executed and Forza 3 and Gran Tourismo 5 will feature a lot (really a lot) more content, especially cars to drive, but as it is, Shift's racing sensation is way more dynamic, thrilling and offers perfect immersion, when played in the cockpit mode. The competition certainly lives up to the cockpit view standards of old, but Need for Speed : Shift does set out to mark a new high.

For players like me, who love to drive/race using of the cockpit view (even in GTA IV - which is so much more awesome for it too), Need for Speed : Shift is a godsend. Who knows, maybe Polyphony Digital will be inspired by Slightly Mad Studios improved take on the cockpit view and will add their take on it into Gran Tourismo 5 before release. It's even very probable, since they are deadset on 1upping every racer to date. Turn10 might add it to Forza 3 too - I don't think, the dynamic cockpit view is something, that can't be added with DLC down the line. Anyhow, right now (a half a week from now), Need for Speed : Shift will set a new standard for first person perspective racing. Slightly Mad Studios seems to have successfully improved the driver's experience in racing games and thus the entire genre - forever.

Now - if that ain't an accomplishment big enough, for Slightly Mad Studios and their game to play in the same league as Turn10 with Forza 3 and Polyphony Digital with Gran Tourismo 5, then something's seriously off with your standards. Prejudice rules. Which just plain sucks. Need for Speed : Shift and Slightly Mad Studios, as well as the bigwigs at EA, deserve some respect for the quality, they're delivering with Shift. Especially since they've successfully improved the entire genre for the better. The cockpit perspective will never again be as static, as it was in the past. From now on, this is the standard to be met. The real driver's experience.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Seppli

Nice 9min HD gameplay video I found. Not enough cockpit perspective though.
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By pweidman

Forza 3 easily for me.  The ability to customize in wildly varied and indepth ways the performance build and tune, as well as the paint schemes(even wilder in terms of variety)of your cars, makes the overall experience of racing in career or online soooo much more rewarding in my experience than other racers, let alone the awesome forzamotorsports.com community that helps keep the fun rolling for years literally.  NFS Shift seems like a good move for EA and the franchise, and the devs are proven already, but it just isn't in the same league with Forza 3, in terms of depth and breadth and especially value imo.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By zombie2011

Forza 3 for me thats all i'm getting i only need one sim racing game. If i want another racer ill probably pick up Dirt 2.