The Game of the Year nominees are nothing too shocking, outside of Tomb Raider but the one that really caught my attention was "Best PC Game."
- Battlefield 4
- Gone Home
- Papers, Please
- The Stanley Parable
Now, Spike could very well just give it to Battlefield would be pretty boring but how nuts would it be to see one of those other three games win an award on national television? And one of them probably will win something because all three are nominated for Best Independent Game. Some major props are in order for the Doritos Pope himself.
Some other notable nominees:
- The Fullbright Company for Studio of the Year
- Divekick for Best Fighting Game
- Brothers for Best Xbox Game
- Metro: Last Light for Best Shooter
- Two nominations for Ni Nu Kuni (Best RPG & Best Soundtrack)
- Kentucky Route Zero for Best Independent Game
- Tearaway for Best Handheld Game
There's still some weird shit like Rayman: Legends being nominated for "Best Nintendo Game" (what), Animal Crossing nominated for "Best Casual Game" (I see what they're saying but there's probably a better way to say it) and that Eminem song being nominated for "Best Song in a Game" (lol).
But I think some credit where credit is due for Keighley and the VGXs. They're really trying and I think that's pretty awesome.