The voice of GT is a star.

PlipO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been meaning to write this for many months now, I've always gotten side tracked but after watching many of his reviews - I am compelled to give the man his dues. For years now I have been watching and enjoying the reviews on gametrailers.com, the reviews are slick and professional. whoever write the reviews, do invest a lot of effort in them, they are often witty and entertaining and demonstrate the writer has done his/her research. Even though writers are fundamentally important to the success of a site such as GT - they usually get ignore and I will follow suit and do the same.

I am writing this to acknowledge the man that voice the reviews, he is brilliant. His delivery is second to none, clarity of voice and appropriate tone to fit the circumstance. I have seen comments on GT saying that he does not write these reviews therefore he is not worthy of note. This opinion is absolutely rubbish and this has been substantiated by the fact that he is still employed by GT. The setup they have for producing video reviews - works. And I doubt they will change it because of a few naive members, nor should they. I do not know if the man with the golden delivery has ever received an award for his work but I believe he definitely deserves one, maybe several. A golden microphone would be most fitting.

Ok, I was being too arrogant when I said I would ignore the writers. This would be silly because GT would not be as well regarded as they are if they did not have good writers. A big thanks to GT and all their video reviews production staff, they make my games buying decisions a lot easier as a result of their sterling work.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about a sample, guy

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gametrailers wouldn't be the same without our very own Brandon Jones. His voice and contribution over the year has become somewhat iconic, and is definitely one of the reasons a lot of people follow up on the reviews over at GT.

frythefly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frythefly
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Brandon Jones is an excellent VO, it makes their reviews very enjoyable to watch, I say this as someone that doesn't care for much else of their content.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Brandon Jones is an excellent VO, it makes their reviews very enjoyable to watch, I say this as someone that doesn't care for much else of their content.

I don't know if he still does this, but he also wrote some of the retrospectives they did. Off the top of my head, he did the Resident Evil series around the launch of RE5

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Does he do anything other than the talking? Based on his volume of work, I guess I always assumed that he doesn't.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veektarius said:

Does he do anything other than the talking? Based on his volume of work, I guess I always assumed that he doesn't.

He writes content and I believe he produces some shows on there. He just recently got back to writing reviews for some Disney Infinity content.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b9ec5d3cffc
deactivated-58b9ec5d3cffc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is also the founder of GT

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

He has the best voice for game reviews, and Trailer Academy is a great idea. His opinions on games and the Invisible Walls podcast, meh. I care more about the opinions of writers like Ryan Stevens, Justin Speer, and Daniel Bloodworth.