End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By End_Boss

I have such a huge boner right now.

No seriously. Look at it! It's ridiculous. What could inspire such titillating arousal, you ask? Well, a lot of things, but today it's a very specific thing. Take a gander, if you will, to the left of this page where my avatar is. That, my friend, is a zombie. Not just any zombie mind you, but one Rick Grimes, the baddest ass of all badass small-town Kentucky cops with a wife and little 'un. He's also the star of The Walking Dead, an inimitable series of graphic novels by one Robert Kirkman of Image Comics fame. Now I know I've talked a lot of mess about TWD in the past, so I won't get too into it now, other than to say that it has the same appeal for me that the 2004 television reboot of Battlestar Galactica had: despite their settings and how easy it would have been to turn either of these franchises into a camped-up mess, both titles offer stellar character drama laid over a tense background of death and tragedy that leads to stories that, while at turns unsettling and even downright gut-wrenching, are utterly captivating, seizing you from the first few issues (or episodes, as the case may be) with an unrelenting, ironclad grip. 

So why am I telling you all of this? Well, according to HyperGeek, a Canadian comic book enthusiast's site, American cable channel AMC will begin filming a six-episode live-action arc of The Walking Dead to be directed by Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile). Robert Kirkman will be intimately involved in the directing process. 

HAUNTING.
 HAUNTING.

Hallelujah.

I've been hearing rumors about The Walking Dead coming to the silver screen for a while, and I'll admit that for the most part I was terrified: what if it was terrible? What if it was downright unwatchable, TWD's answer to The Real Ghostbusters? Well, the possibility is still there, especially without an announced cast, but now that Darabont is on-board, I feel a little better about the show's chances. With filming beginning in June of this year, I imagine we'll be finding out sooner rather than later. 

Thanks for reading, 
End_Boss.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By End_Boss

I have such a huge boner right now.

No seriously. Look at it! It's ridiculous. What could inspire such titillating arousal, you ask? Well, a lot of things, but today it's a very specific thing. Take a gander, if you will, to the left of this page where my avatar is. That, my friend, is a zombie. Not just any zombie mind you, but one Rick Grimes, the baddest ass of all badass small-town Kentucky cops with a wife and little 'un. He's also the star of The Walking Dead, an inimitable series of graphic novels by one Robert Kirkman of Image Comics fame. Now I know I've talked a lot of mess about TWD in the past, so I won't get too into it now, other than to say that it has the same appeal for me that the 2004 television reboot of Battlestar Galactica had: despite their settings and how easy it would have been to turn either of these franchises into a camped-up mess, both titles offer stellar character drama laid over a tense background of death and tragedy that leads to stories that, while at turns unsettling and even downright gut-wrenching, are utterly captivating, seizing you from the first few issues (or episodes, as the case may be) with an unrelenting, ironclad grip. 

So why am I telling you all of this? Well, according to HyperGeek, a Canadian comic book enthusiast's site, American cable channel AMC will begin filming a six-episode live-action arc of The Walking Dead to be directed by Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile). Robert Kirkman will be intimately involved in the directing process. 

HAUNTING.
 HAUNTING.

Hallelujah.

I've been hearing rumors about The Walking Dead coming to the silver screen for a while, and I'll admit that for the most part I was terrified: what if it was terrible? What if it was downright unwatchable, TWD's answer to The Real Ghostbusters? Well, the possibility is still there, especially without an announced cast, but now that Darabont is on-board, I feel a little better about the show's chances. With filming beginning in June of this year, I imagine we'll be finding out sooner rather than later. 

Thanks for reading, 
End_Boss.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Hope it'll eventually air in the UK. I love zombies aswell as Frank Darabont so them together is... a cause for alot of loving.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy
@End_Boss:
I have been a fan of Walking Dead for years. Awesome to see it on AMC with Frank Darabont directing

Also, your avatar is a spoiler since I haven't  read the latest volumes.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By End_Boss
@Redbullet685: I was worried someone might think that. Never fear, my avatar is not a spoiler: the print you see was made for series writer Robert Kirkman by Tony Moore as a gift. It is completely unrelated to the storyline.
Jaxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jaxboy

Don't forget he's also responsible for that crapfest The Mist.  Just sayin'

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy
@End_Boss: 
Ok then. Its a really cool avatar by the way
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss
@Jaxboy said:
" Don't forget he's also responsible for that crapfest The Mist.  Just sayin' "
I think if Darabont had directed Shawshank OR The Green Mile it would be enough to outweigh The Mist, never mind the fact that he's responsible for both.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

Looking forward to The Walking Dead episodes. 

Question: I haven't really been keeping up with Walking Dead so this may sound a bit silly, but the last issue I one I read was when...

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ProfessorEss

Curious to see how it turns out.
I read the first handful of issues and was loving it until they switched artists.
Normally something like switching artists doesn't bother me enough to stop me from reading but I loved the first guy's art so much and disliked the second guy's so much that it just totally took me out of it.

I do hope to someday pick it back up where the second artist came in and hope that the jarring artistic downgrade has left my mind leaving me free to just enjoy the story.

(ps - I've always noticed, and loved yer avatar pic)

Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Onigenko

I'm totally hyped for this, Walking Dead is the BEST comic I've read. I hope this will be good too.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By End_Boss
@ProfessorEss: I noticed (and lamented) the change in artists as well. Fortunately the story was enough to keep me going. If you can, try to get past the occasionally mediocre art.

@Br3adfan:
As I recall it, what you're talking about happens around book eight. The series is now into book eleven. Also, when I say "book," I don't mean individual issues, but bindings of (I believe) five issues. 

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan
@End_Boss:  My local library had three of the hardcover volumes and I haven't seen a fourth.  I'll have to look into that then. 
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss
@Br3adfan: Oh yeah, I think you're talking about the fancy-pants hardcovers. These are the ones I was talking about.
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By raviolisumo

Walking dead is phat.