#1 Edited by Moncole (636 posts) -
#2 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2272 posts) -

Was thinking this was just the short teaser thats been floating around for a few days. Was NOT dissappointed

Watching it now

#3 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

It looks great, though I don't like how there's a weird stutter or pause when you select an action. Overall it feels like an interactive comic book, but that's fine by me. Day one purchase.

Isn't there a video out there that follows up the game play with a conversation with Gary Whitta?

#4 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I usually like Telltale, but the Jurassic Park games were pretty bad. I'm cautiously optimistic about what they'll do with the Walking Dead but I won't hold my breath.

#5 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Cool, looks like what the Jurassic Park game should have been. The cursor movement looked really wonky though, just something I happened to notice.

#6 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

So this is more like the Jurassic Park game? Eh...

#7 Posted by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -

I don't know if I can get behind this.

I know it's Telltale, so I knew full well what this would be, but with The Walking Dead already having a great show and a great comic I don't know if I really have any need for another purely story-based Walking Dead experience.

#8 Posted by EveretteScott (1451 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

So this is more like the Jurassic Park game? Eh...

Actual this seems more akin to a point and click adventure game, which most people I see commenting on the gameplay apparently never played.

#9 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

That was pretty cool. I liked the tension in the scenes.

#10 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

This looks much better than the JP game. Much more polished. I'll definitely pick it up.

#11 Edited by Willtron (243 posts) -

@ProfessorEss: Purely story-based, as opposed to... what?

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic. For the constructs of a Telltale game, and The Walking Dead, this is about what I expected. I like this approach, 'cause I'm sick of a first-person style game, and Dead Rising is the absolute worst. And I like it. I just hope it can hold up. And it isn't episodic. 'Cause ugh episodic. Love the art style, too. Reminds of, of course, of comic books, or of a better-looking XIII.

#12 Posted by Landon (4132 posts) -

Jurassic Park game looked terrible from the start, this looks much better. This has me excited.

#13 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

I need to...drag myself out that window...

#14 Edited by Beb (243 posts) -

Black main character - cool. Starts handcuffed in the back of police car? Not cool...

Maybe I am oversensitive.

#15 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

I need to...drag myself out that window...

more importantly ... I need to say it out loud so ... the player knows where I ... need to go...

#16 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

It looks great, though I don't like how there's a weird stutter or pause when you select an action. Overall it feels like an interactive comic book, but that's fine by me. Day one purchase.

Isn't there a video out there that follows up the game play with a conversation with Gary Whitta?

Skip to 9:00 to see the trailer and the interview with Gary Whitta.

#17 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

@Willtron said:

@ProfessorEss: Purely story-based, as opposed to... what?

An open world zombie RPG? It's a bit of a cliche, but a real survival/horror zombie RPG is in high demand. I wouldn't mind seeing what a MMORPG would look like if handled correctly.

#18 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

looks so great. loved the back to the future series, can't wait to see what they do with a more mature concept.

#19 Posted by TwoLines (2793 posts) -

Looks much, much better than their JP game, but it still has those weird hitches. I will give it a shot though.

#20 Posted by Ustrup (14 posts) -

Has there been any indications with regard to price pr. episode ?

And on another point, do you think this will kind of "cross-media" thing works?

#21 Posted by SolidOcelot (321 posts) -

This game looks as well as I could have hoped. The action is still stop-n-go, which is unfortunate and but it seems they've vastly improved over Jurassic Park. The visuals are spot on, absolutely nailed that. And as per the recent anouncment that each episode will be $5 they have me hooked for the entire season. Great Job Telltale *claps* Keep up the great work.

#22 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Looks cool, but why does he get so scared when he's going to pick up the keys next to the dead cops face? Did he already know about the zombies?

#23 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Looks like some lessons were learnt from the JP travesty, but there's still a few problems...

Also how effing clumsy is this character? He drops everything he picks up and slips on the same pool of blood twice.

#24 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic but I'm not digging the low res textures at all.

#25 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

@pantzing_nome: So that's what Whitta is doing with the walking dead game, he's the lead writer? Pretty awesome

Game looks cool enough, some of the dialog seemed bad in that gameplay footage but I'm hoping for an awesome game.

Gameplay itself looked fine, best thing was the look of it, a real comic book style to it

#26 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2272 posts) -

@Ustrup said:

Has there been any indications with regard to price pr. episode ?

And on another point, do you think this will kind of "cross-media" thing works?

4.99 per episode, 5 episodes total

Right now a pre order deal is going on for PC and Mac for 10% off when you buy all 5

#27 Posted by Mikey2D (218 posts) -

This actually looks kind of cool - I did stop watching not long after it started though - surely it'd be more fun to experience first hand then to just watch like this. How long would people estimate this game would be?

#28 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

Looks really good compared to ... Jurassic Park. (I realize this doesn't even have to be said.)

#29 Posted by The_Nubster (2089 posts) -

I only watched about five minutes, but it seemed very janky and awkward, not to mention the very slow, pause-laden way the main character talks is very much bothersome to me. Then again, I wasn't gonna buy it anyways.

#30 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@pantzing_nome: Thank you! I heard about it from somewhere but wasn't interested until I saw the gameplay trailer in the OP. I want to see more!

Shit, I might also start watching this "Up At Noon" program as well.

#31 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

way too low res. I love cell shading, but the environment texture feels like youre playing a ps2 game... isnt this 2012?

#32 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

Looks awful. Which seems appropriate seeing as TellTale made it.

#33 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I'm worried: it looks a lot like the Jurassic Park game

#34 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Not the right dev for this game.

#35 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

holy christ that video is loud. Everything else I was listening to right before this was at a normal volume level, and as soon as the cutscene at 0:25 started my goddamn ears were assaulted.

Edit: Hmm, looks interesting. The animation kinda looks a bit clunky at times, and it looks a bit low res, but I do like the system where you walk around and move the cursor over objects to interact with them.

Honestly kind of bummed that they (the Walking Dead license holder or whatever) didn't get someone to do an open world game kind of Rockstar style but with many abandoned buildings you can enter and scavenge or take shelter in for the night (and you have to scavenge food and stuff to survive) with good shooting/fighting mechanics, random zombie and human encounters and many outcomes to the game. That's probably a bit much to ask, but something like that is my dream zombie game as I have stated many times and I want to play it badly.

I'll probably play this though as long as it doesn't turn out to be shit.

#36 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

Seems like something I could possibly enjoy. I liked JP; although, having said that, I got it when it was cheap and I knew full well what I was getting into when I started playing it. Anyway, I'm interested to see what kind of reviews people give this when it's released.

#37 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

:( video got taken down before I could see it.

#38 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Thanks for the gameplay, Firts.

#39 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it doesn't seem great. the graphics don't look good low rez things.

#40 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

Thanks for the gameplay, Firts.

Cheers.

I'm into it, I trust Gary Whitta to make some sick, sick scenarios.

#41 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

@pantzing_nome said:

Skip to 9:00 to see the trailer and the interview with Gary Whitta.

It's amazing to see him writing for games and that interview was typical Gary. Consider me interested.

#42 Posted by Ustrup (14 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook: Ah nice one - thats pretty cheap, maybe it´ll be worth checking it out. Awesome that it is coming for the mac !

#43 Posted by Ustrup (14 posts) -

@Dylabaloo: ha ha ha the twisted mind of Gary Whitta, he might include the Jedi Training Academy as well

#44 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

@Ustrup: Oh yeah, Walking dead is in perfect hands.

#45 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

Eh, I don't know. The story might be good and I like how they don't shy away from the graphic violence of the comic books. The gameplay looks really dull though. A bit like Heavy Rain with zombies. Could be interesting if it gets more interactive after the opening sequence, but I'm not holding my breath. :/

#46 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I liked the trailer at least..I couldn't watch the gameplay because the videos were apparently removed.