Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By trophyhunter
@MrKlorox said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" Then you have to have to say stuff like, "Well it's really only 1079 lines of restitution. So obviously it's the worst game ever." "
Was that a Freudian slip or did you just plain fuck up?   Gains-based recovery, indeed. "
No, I just fucked up. wooooooooooo
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By fuzzyponken
@trophyhunter said:
" @Geno: How does that even make sense? I'm saying it will look good and play good on the console.   Any console player will not care that the PC is better, because the console version is good already. "
More like any console player will pretend to not care because he's already invested in a console and can't afford or is too stupid/lazy to work a computer. 
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By MrKlorox
@trophyhunter said:

" @MrKlorox said:

" @trophyhunter said:
" Then you have to have to say stuff like, "Well it's really only 1079 lines of restitution. So obviously it's the worst game ever." "
Was that a Freudian slip or did you just plain fuck up?   Gains-based recovery, indeed. "
No, I just fucked up. wooooooooooo "
Silly me, expecting you to consciously know what restitution meant.

PC gaming is restitution and console gaming is compensation. Thanks for driving the nails into your argument's own coffin.
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Bwast
In my country they speak of a system so virile, so potent, that to play games on it is to enter into a world of sensual delights most men dare not dream of. This system is known as the "PC". You may play games, Mr. Console, but you are no PC.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#205  Edited By EpicSteve

You give the average person too much credit. People aren't technically proficient. I've had long conversations with customers at my old GameStop job about features the 360 has and they are fucking amazed. This typically results in them being confused how to navigate and operate the console. I can't even tell you how many times I have had to explain syncing controllers to people.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By trophyhunter
@Bwast said:
" In my country they speak of a system so virile, so potent, that to play games on it is to enter into a world of sensual delights most men dare not dream of. This system is known as the "PC". You may play games, Mr. Console, but you are no PC. "
have fun ^__^
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By napalm
@trophyhunter said:
" @No0b0rAmA said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" Ok here it is, I'll solve this thread right here and now. PC elitists  are crying about having the most powerful "system" and no one seems to care.  Now that's just it, no one does care at all.  99% of people that play games just want to get the newest game, shove it in their CONSOLE and play it.  It's just you oddballs that have to justify to yourself, why you spent more money on the thing that gives you the exact same experience.  Then you have to have to say stuff like, "Well it's really only 1079 lines of restitution. So obviously it's the worst game ever." In summary, no one cares that your PC is more powerful than a console. It still plays the same damn games.  How about you stop being such a dick about it? "
I love this. When a person's  PC vs Console argument doesn't go their way, they go ahead and pull out the "PC elitists" bullshit. Shit, have you even been reading the replies at all? "
I got news for you this thread would not exist if PC players were not elitists.  "
Stop acting like a fucking idiot, man. This thread has been about 95% civil before you walked your stupid ass in here.
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By august

PC will always be my favorite platform as long as it is the most open. I need my source ports, indie games and crazy deep strategy games. Also mods.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@jukezypoo said:
" Personally, I bought my current computer4 years ago for around 800. I can still run most major releases at the highest settings, at 1920x1200 (including Metro 2033, Crysis, et cetera), and I've spent a total of about 150 dollars on upgrades (added some RAM, added a second GPU).  "
you're too cool for school  *touches you to get some of your cool*
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@trophyhunter said: 

" console games  you put the disc in and it just fucking works. comfy couch  big nice TV controller is a billion times better than keyboard and mouseyou put in a PC game   you have to set it up  it runs like shit or not at all, because you don't have a $200 graphics card or something. The sound does not work for some unknown reason, you have to reinstall it.  Only in rare cases does the maximum setting even noticeably change any thing. "

Only in rare cases, does the maximum settings for a video game on a PC, even *noticeably* change any thing 

Ok man.. its either that ur being the dick, or that you have truly never seen a gaming PC with your eyes. do u want me to find HitmanAgent's maximized-settings MW2 screenshot that looks nothing like motherfucking MW2 ? it looks like a goddamn fantasy game 

@trophyhunter said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" Ok here it is, I'll solve this thread right here and now. HD console elitists  are crying about having the most powerful "system" and no one seems to care.  Now that's just it, no one does care at all.  99% of people that play games just want to get the newest game, shove it in their Wii and play it.  It's just you oddballs that have to justify to yourself, why you spent more money on the thing that gives you the exact same experience.  Then you have to have to say stuff like, "Well it's really only 1079 lines of restitution. So obviously it's the worst game ever." In summary, no one cares that your HD console is more powerful than a Wii. How about you stop being such a dick about it? "

I just shit my pants. "
I didn't really want to know that dude. Seriously now, your only response was to childishly edit what I said? I win by default I suppose then. "

Also, why did you have to come into this thread?  up until now we were having a great civilized argument.. no fanboyism and no hatred, but then your closed minded and aggressive ass had to come in and start mentioning PC elitists and talking nonsense shit. ima see if i can get a moderator to remove your filth from here 
sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By sparks50

A small argument for the PC is that PC games are cheaper. The game developers doesn't have to pay a console-maker for the privilege of releasing a game on the PC.
 Most consoles are sold for a loss. As a piece of hardware, both the ps3 and 360 is ridiculously under priced. What MS and sony makes their money on, is selling games and accessories. 

Though admittedly, you would have to buy a LOT of PC games and accessories in order to make up the difference. Consoles are the most efficient gaming machines to make, because they can be made in huge bulks. Everyone knows what they are dealing with.

Ill never leave my PC though. Free mods, dedicated servers for clans and communities, more slots in multiplayer for most games,  the precise mouse and keyboard, the biggest controller compatibility,
no-mercy simulators such as Arma, Iracing and flight sim, and the pleasure and pride of building your own computer, researching new powerful parts for it etc.

But I would never recommend PC gaming for someone who does not already have a bit of know-how, or does not have an interest for serious simulators(a PC exclusive genre).

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Raymayne

Because controller > mouse and keyboard. 

Also, it's pretty unbelievable that you've posted almost 7000 times and your grammar is still that bad. :|

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#214  Edited By shiftymagician
@Ahmad_Metallic:  This is in response to your OP, as I will have none of it from that insane flame-chain that happened here.

Yea man I too find it very strange, however we aren't dealing with rational adults most of the time when it comes to this.  In most forms of entertainment, the highest quality stuff is praised and highly sought after, though people are more than okay if they can access a quality product in the meantime.  It doesn't happen as much for the console market unfortunately, and won't change until our demographic matures into one where the majority is more aware of what they say.  On the upside, we aren't the worst demographic, and we can surprisingly come together and do wonderful things when the initiative is there.  I love being a part of this community because of these surprises.

In pure economics, the console is safer and easier to manage for both the game industry and the consumer market.  It is really that simple.  The weird hate is just the internet, and really nothing else.

People usually compare PC's to consoles purely on a gaming context, and do not focus on the entire package.  Most of the mainstream (it seems) see it this way, simply because they do not take the initiative to explore all the options that are possible on a PC due to the stigma that you had to have spent long periods of time to understand the terminology and methods to make things work effectively on them.  That is a darn shame, as PC's are great when you learn to use them right.  I do a whole lot more on my computer than just play games for example, and like to do things like map a controller to the PC to play some games just for the heck of it, or even to play some of the indie games out there.  Hell, Steam has a lot of classic games born from consoles which I would rather play with a controller on a PC, because bringing out the older hardware would be too much of a hassle in my household.  

Just like everyone else though, this is my individual experience for PC's, and I haven't even talked about the pro's of consoles as well, being quick and convenient, and allowing a wide range of age groups to be able to play games easily (from kids to old folk).  PC's are not the most accessible for all age groups, as young kids usually need assistance, and old folk may not grasp it well enough and may lose interest fast. Of course there are exceptions to this, but I feel that many more still meet that description.  To conclude anyway, I agree - It is really weird when you get right down to it.
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#215  Edited By Tennmuerti

This is why we can't have nice things :(

altbotdos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By altbotdos

I am crazy for HD about as much as I am crazy for the screen aspect ratio changing. again.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#217  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Simply put, the PC market is not shrinking.  The GPU wars and ever filled PC parts stores and ever present PC parts selling ads topping all media throughput in all mediums are all proof of that.  While I don't have statistics, I would say that PC parts easily contribute around 30% of eBay's sales.  MS themselves have turned one of the their flagship console properties, Fable III, whose franchise was originally launched as a console exclusive and whose sequel was another console exclusive into a PC release.  They didn't do so because the PC market is shrinking, but rather they did so because the PC Market is ever growing, in especially large numbers outside of the US market and they can't afford to lose their stake in that market anymore.  In truth, the XBOX 360/Live experiment has cost them a lot of money and even with having given Windows 7 (beta/RC) away for free for over 18months as a gesture of goodwill (to bring customers back on board after the failure of Vista) they still likely earned a lot more money from Windows 7 retail sales than they have earned over the whole course of the 360's release schedule, back end on games and accesories included.

There is a false analogy being passed around on console centric forums and news sites like Giantbomb and that false analogy is that the PC gaming market is shrinking.  It's not.  It's growing.  It's bigger than and worth more than the console market in toto.  I wouldn't be suprised if there are more top end graphics cards sold than PS3 and XBOX 360's combined and certainly wouldn't be suprised if there were more PC games sold than all console games over the last 5 years, since the release of the present console generation.

Consoles are convenient, yes and they can offer a pleasant, exciting and easy to implement gaming experience but they are in no way affecting PC gaming as a business.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#218  Edited By crusader8463

HAHAHAHAHAH! WOW! Some of these comments are so amazingly absurd that I can't stop laughing. I was ready to write up one of those giant posts explaining why they are wrong, but by the end of reading some of them I realized I would just be wasting my time doing so. Most of these anti PC comments are just your standard factually wrong propaganda from the console kiddie handbook that gets passed around as fact by those too lazy or inept to think for themselves.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By august
@Raymayne said:
" Because controller > mouse and keyboard."
Naw.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#220  Edited By carlthenimrod

@SeriouslyNow said:

" While I don't have statistics, I would say that PC parts easily contribute around 30% of eBay's sales.   "

...What?

Go type "Video Card" into the search bar then type "VHS". VHS wins with 350k results compared to 25k. You still think it accounts for 30%?
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By time allen
@TheGremp said:
" I love it when people say "but PC gaming's so expensiiiiive"...  If you have a PC made in the last 5 or so years, chances are, it can play games.  I bought my PC for $400 a few months ago, and I've had absolutely no trouble running modern games on it.  I can play Half-Life 2 (with fakefactory 10) , Bioshock, Borderlands, GTA IV, Fallout 3, and Bad Company 2 on max settings, running 40-60 fps.  I can also play Crysis on mid-high settings, no problem.  You don't have to buy an overpriced Alienware to play PC games, people. "
i agree with pretty much everything here, but WHY are you using fakefactory? 
Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Teoball

I used to play all games on my PC. Now I always choose the console versions if I can. Yep, it's the old couch argument :) I do play games on the PC if they're exclusive though, which mostly amounts to adventure games. I bought Amnesia this morning, looking forward to play it when I come home tonight.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#223  Edited By tebbit

The whole crux of this thread revolves around 1 theory: That PC Gaming is dying. 

Starcraft 2 has sold 2 million copies so far. 

Just make a good game for the PC, and it'll sell.  

Millions of people play Peggle and other garbage.

/thread