#1 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

Hi all, I've recently got a macbook as a birthday present and until I get a new xbox I guess I'm condemned to gaming on this platform. My dilema is for The Real Texas, a fresh new indie game with what appears to be a hell of a lot of charm, or the orignal Witcher as both are currently available for £5 online. I think initially The Real Texas looks as if its a world which is much more charming and orignal than the Witcher. However the production values are slim pickings compared to what some would rate as the best RPG's of this generation. What do you reckon?

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I think you should have gotten a PC.

#3 Posted by mattysen (822 posts) -

@Dagbiker:

#4 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -

Can't say much about The Real Texas but I really liked the Witcher.

#5 Posted by Sbaitso (463 posts) -

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

The Witcher series has one of the best storylines of any game in recent memory. Get that.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

if you can tolerate a not very good combat system, then witcher; It's not BAD, but it's definitely not very fun. Witcher does have some great characters, story, and what not.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

Witcher

#9 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

I have no idea what The Real Texas is, but I loved The Witcher. So get that.

#10 Posted by Agent072 (9 posts) -

Witcher. Straight up. And 2 if you can manage it. The last few updates really cleaned it up.

#11 Posted by m16mojo2 (293 posts) -

Looks unanimous. The PC thing I mean. :P

Witcher. You''ll get a lot more bang for your "euro."

#12 Posted by The_Tolman (429 posts) -

And cue the "pc is better than mac" fanboys.

#13 Posted by bybeach (4703 posts) -

I think 'the real Texas has a ql here. An indie title that seemed pretty rough around the edges but interesting for what it was. But I'd consider that but the Witcher if you want a sophisticated in graphics and presentation type game. And it is mature..hell maybe both are in the long run. The real Texas did have a sense of humor....very different games!

#14 Edited by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

@Sbaitso said:

Gaming barely works on a Macbook. Can you take it back? You can get a PC, game console, a handful of games, and leftover money for the price of your macbook.

If that isn't an option, just dual-boot into windows and just use that for gaming. Apple for some reason hates gaming and won't cooperate with companies like Nvidia or ATI to open up their system for the sake of better hardware drivers.

Edit: To answer your question, buy the Witcher. Even if you feel like supporting indie developers The Witcher is as indie as RPG companies get.

#15 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

@kumquat: This should explain everything also there is a giant bomb quicklook.

#16 Posted by Laiv162560asse (487 posts) -

Get The Witcher. Unlike the blockbusting reputation of The Witcher 2, The Witcher still had very much of a 'made for specific fans, on a specific platform' feel about it. IMO it's a better game than TW2 as well, but not because of that - more because of the pacing and story.

Combat is a little clunky, however, and it's a disproportionately demanding game in terms of hardware. Not sure if it will like your macbook.

The Real Texas looks charming but in terms of bang for buck it looks like no contest.