• 66 results
haytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haytek

Who thinks there will be an xbox portable any time soon. "More Achievements to unlock"

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Maybe they will announce something at E3.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I don't know if Microsoft could break into that market right now. All the arcade games would be great on a portable system though!

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheKidNixon

Uhhhhh, this would be the worst possible time for XBox to introduce a portable gaming device.

Between the DS and the PSP getting new, higher-tech SKUs and the iPhone disrupting the game all over the place, Microsoft would be stepping into an already crowded market. On top of that, we're in a recession, and while Microsoft has more money than the Monopoly guy, I think that even they would have to really be pressured to burn money on another hardcore development cycle.

Granted, they can't develop for any of those other platforms, but their best bet in digestable entertainment would be to release bite-sized PC games or possibly better support the community games front. Announcing an X-Box Live branded portable hardware at this point has too many risks and not enough of a pay-off. I say nay, sir!

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

Well played Kid Nixon, cause frankly why would want another system that could red ring, ecspecially one so small and light, that when it does screw up we wind up tossing it down the stairs or out the window.....yeah wouldn't be such a great idea if u ask me!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stang
haytek said:
Who thinks there will be an xbox portable any time soon. "More Achievements to unlock"
Woohoo, new console to RRoD on me! After dealing with countless dead 360's, I will kindly pass on any handheld M$ makes.....regardless how awesome the specs are.
Centurion11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Centurion11

I hope there is, because I am a big fan of Portable things.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Karmum

I seriously doubt it. They need to work on their current console at hands, and its still lingering technical problems. Although if I heard an announcement about it sometime soon, I bet I would be all for it. Man, sometimes I'm such a hypocrite.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
Agnogenic_delete said:
I don't know if Microsoft could break into that market right now. All the arcade games would be great on ... [more]
This is actually a great idea, plus it would allow those who aren't able to acess live and download these games to finally acess them via a new platform! 
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Godwind

No.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DECA555

or they could focus on something to compete with the PS3

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
DECA555 said:
or they could focus on something to compete with the PS3
Trolling attempt failed.
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demo

Totally, with XBLA games importable from the 360.

It's too soon to release one though. Let the dust settle as to what portable gamers want, with the rise of the DS and iPhone, the market could be transforming.

RROD on a handheld? Pffff. Seriously, how many handhelds get hot?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
Stang said:
DECA555 said: or they could focus on something to compete with the PS3 Trolling attempt failed. [more]
I was thinking the same thing.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Spontaneous combustion of handheld whilst walking around town is not something I look forward to.

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShogunSupremacy
Keyser_Soze said:
Spontaneous combustion of handheld whilst walking around town is not something I look forward to.

And trust me if Microsoft makes it will more than likely happen! haha
cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cdstacker

it's called windows mobile and the zune, it's not that good.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By daz0608

I hope they annouce something to do with live anywhere, or something where i can play my XBLA games portably 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By penguindust
Not real!
Not real!
Rumors have been circulating around the release of the "Zune-phone" since last year as reported by Wired Magazine. Presumably part of Microsoft's Live Anywhere initiative, the portable would allow you to access all MS related accounts including you Xbox 360 Live information.  Larry Hyrb (Major Nelson) said that the device was still be worked on at last year's PAX convention.  It should be noted that MS is currently testing a MySpace/Facebook competetor called the Vine, also probably as part of the Live Anywhere service.  In fact, according to the Wall Street Journal, the Microsoft and Verizon rumors suggest that the two are expanding their relationship to directly compete with Apple's Iphone.  So what does this all have to do with a Microsoft portable game system?  Well, according to Team Xbox, there is an Xbox handheld that is something wholey different than the Zune-phone or next generation Zune device.  You have to remember that Microsoft may have looked at how quickly Apple has inserted itself into the portable game market with its Iphone/Itouch platform and thought "I've got to get me some of that!"  The rivalry between Microsoft and Apple is far more heated than anything Microsoft has with Sony or Nintendo.  Of course, any such device would have been in development before the general public became enamored with Itunes apps, but the big-heads may have seen this coming and stepped up the project's pace.  The recent turn of events in handheld gaming may have hurried a release so to not fall too far behind just as the Zune did.

I'd be intrigued to see what such a device might look like.  I think it would be incredibly funny if a Microsoft handheld was released with 2 analog nubs and the new PSP-GO was introduced with just 1 still.  Also, you have to wonder how Microsoft would work their system to combat hacking and game theft with takes its toll on both the current PSP and DS portables.  As for the notion that the device would eventually "red-ring" I would hope that MS has learned their lesson on that front.  That being said, I fully expect some of the devices to fail since all new systems have bugs when they hit the market.  MS is on a much shorter leash however and their history means people will not adopt the device should rumors of "RRoD-the sequel" start to circulate.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By trophyhunter

behold the x-buttnugget 8 its just like a psp in every except it plays crappy versions of halo instead of crappy versions of killzone

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ninjakiller

Why? So something else M$ makes can RROD?  Oooooooo rimshot!

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trophyhunter
ninjakiller said:
Why? So something else M$ makes can RROD?  Oooooooo rimshot!
first handheld that need a cooling system hahahaha
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I'd personally like to see them bring out a 360 with a built in 42" CRT screen with a petrol powered generator on wheels attached and have them claim it as the 'worlds most powerful portable console'.

But in all seriousness, I don't think theres room this portable gen for MS to break through, but I think they'd be mad not to release something to compete with the next generation of portable hardware.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus
WitchHunter_Z said:
I'd personally like to see them bring out a 360 with a built in 42" CRT screen with a petrol ... [more]
Or they could jump ahead a generation early like they did with the 360... anyway, I'd probably buy one, because I'm sure that there would be more games worth downloading at launch then there will be months down the road with the DSI.
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By sarahsdad

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen. I'm not sure I would get one, but if Sony felt like there was a handheld gaming system that competed with the PSP for the same type of games, they might step things up a bit as far as getting more games out, more often. I could be dreaming of course, but regardless I would be interested to see their take on portable gaming.

Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hiashi

While it would be interesting to see the lineup, I think Microsoft knows that their best bet lies in supporting solely the 360. The handheld market is just too dominated right now. Both thanks to the DS and fractioning of the user base thanks to things like the iphone.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zityz

We don't need anymore Handhelds. Nintendo has that market by the balls and psp is just there for the ride.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Drebin_893

Nope.

Arsenal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arsenal86

I would like a portable xbox console, I don't think it will happen tho

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Jensonb

xYz, AKA zune HD is alleged to be Microsoft's "portable".

And if it is...Just utter facepalm. Talk about fighting a war on two fronts!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I don't think they want to involve themselves in the handheld market.  It's so against what the xbox is.
I think the zune is their gaming portable.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MeierTheRed

I dont see Microsoft getting a foothold in the handheld market, when DS and PSP continues to stand strong.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By mracoon

I don't see it happening. Most people have DSs or PSPs (or you could even count iPhones) and I don't think they'll want, let alone need, a new portable system.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60

I can't believe the PS3 fanboys still think saying "DURR HURR RED RING!!!! HAHA" is still even remotely funny. It just makes them look like a moron.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By grilledcheez

No, the market available now is limited and Nintendo has a stranglehold on it.  I just don't think they have what it takes to make it in the portable gaming realm.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Systech

The portable Xbox is a Zune.

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bulletbeast

an x box portable would be very cool. but doesnt anyone think that it would look like x box is just leeching off sony with their psp

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38  Edited By RHCPfan24

Nah. There are already so many handheld gaming systems out there that this would be a stupid idea.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It would surprise me if they weren't going to try to break into the handheld market. It might not be any time soon. I imagine MS were toying with games consoles behind the scenes for years before the Xbox came out. Various prototypes and redesigns and crap will happen before we hear anything about it.

It would also surprise me if they succeeded. No-one can compete with nintendo.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

haytek said:
ahhhh might be asking a bit too much there...
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jensonb
@systech: whilst I accept your premise, the idea of likening an Xbox to a zune is an abomination. One is a relatively good games console, the other is a a mediocre knockoff of someone else's business model.
Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ma7moud

I believe Xbox  would be a very bad decision since MS doesn't have enough 1st Party Studios to develop for 2 Consoles.

haytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By haytek
@pissedoffthewitch:
No is just a thought, for myself I wouldn't mind having more options.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I think MS should stick to PC and consoles only.

The handhold market is pretty much run by Nintendo.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I think MS should stick to PC and consoles only.

The handhold market is pretty much run by Nintendo.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I love the Xbox 360, but I wouldn't buy a portable xbox from Mr. Softy.  It already has XBL.  Plus, why would someone want to pit two of their own game systems against each other?   Not everyone that owns a portable owns the console as well....Do the Sorny/Ninty portables even complement their corresponding consoles?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By JJWeatherman
Jolly_Lolly said:
I think MS should stick to PC and consoles only.The handhold market is pretty much run by Nintendo. [more]
True but I think I would be very interested in a potential Xbox handheld, and I don't think I am the only one. What needs to happen if there is an Xbox handheld is serious gamertag integration, achievements, etc. Basically everything between the console and the handheld need to be constantly linked. Also well as some really cool "killer app" style feature. And a traditional killer app wouldn't hurt either. But please nothing Halo related.
CSutton92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CSutton92

I don't think the potable would go through. Because of the red ring of death on consoles hapening everyday already. I think if you dropped it, then it would get the red ring. But like the psp, ive through mine against the wall alot of times and it still works like a champ. But i don't know. maybe they will pull something out of their ass. GO MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By penguindust

Would anyone buy a Xbox portable if it could play their downloaded XBLA games on it?  I doubt it's feasible, but I was just wondering.

Dan0sawR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dan0sawR

The Xbox Portable, if made, will most likely be mediocre. No doubt it will be insanely popular though.