There will be no Playstation 4. Proof inside.

• 65 results
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By EXTomar

Again I have to point out how well Apple and Valve are doing relying less and less on selling software on disk. Blizzard and even EA in general are using both were there maybe a point in the future were they only make boxes for the collector edition. In the past retail end a lock on customer access but that is quickly changing. I'll be surprised if places like Best Buy only stay with physical media only if they do used games and movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not going to happen.

PS5.. maybe if the PS4 has a 10 year lifespan. PS4, absolutely no chance.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: Yeah, I'd love to see proof for that claim.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By moffattron9000

With many people, particularly in Europe (Sony's biggest market) still on very low data caps I don't see this happening any time soon.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Moonshadow101

A cloud gaming firm talking up their service far beyond what's likely to be demonstrable? That's as shocking as a sunrise. And everyone always drones on about how they're totally revolutionizing the space, it doesn't mean anything.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BestUsernameEver said:

Sorry, which one? 
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Sorry, which one?

"Well, apart from the massive PS3 losses, indeed." Is there massive PS3 sales losses recently, I'd like to see evidence.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@believer258 said:

Fuck cloud gaming.

I hate the idea. I hate the idea of being treated like a money dispenser. I hate the idea that one day my access to the games I've been paying for won't be there anymore because a server shut down. I hate the idea that if my internet goes down, so does my gaming. I hate the whole damned thing, and if it ever becomes the norm then I'm sticking with old school stuff that I can get a hold of locally.

So, there's my opinion on cloud gaming. Sony can kiss my ass if they think I'm going to pay a single dime for it.

Now, as hateful as this post has been, I must give the remark that "we don't know nothin' yet". I might be bitching over nothing. Still, I hope this never becomes the norm, or even widespread. It's the worst thing that might ever happen to gaming as far as I'm concerned. I'll be fine if everything is still available to play locally, but even then I'll be greatly annoyed.

If you were a woman I'd marry you

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Sooty

Cloud gaming is basically giving the middle finger to fighting and rhythm games. This is not going to happen.

It also makes zero sense for consoles, as they are relatively cheap devices. The barrier for entry is already low compared to PC which scares people off due to costs and having to use a small part of your brain to get games and drivers installed.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BestUsernameEver said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Sorry, which one?

"Well, apart from the massive PS3 losses, indeed." Is there massive PS3 sales losses recently, I'd like to see evidence.

I was referring to the initial sum of ~ 4 billion dollars at the start of the PS3's life. I think they first turned a profit this generation in Q4 2009/somewhere in calendar year 2010. I don't think there have been significant losses recently but I haven't looked at their financials for a while. 
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jimbo

By proof I mean speculation, and by speculation I mean 'I don't believe it'. Outstanding work, OP.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By CptChiken

I really dont like the idea of cloud gaming.

Avatar image for mrcleantrousers
MrCleanTrousers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MrCleanTrousers

A TV that plays games, maybe?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@BestUsernameEver said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

Sorry, which one?

I was referring to the initial sum of ~ 4 billion dollars at the start of the PS3's life. I think they first turned a profit this generation in Q4 2009/somewhere in calendar year 2010. I don't think there have been significant losses recently but I haven't looked at their financials for a while.

Yes, that's what I thought.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would dislike if he next-gen Ps-whatever didn't support physical media, personally I enjoy buying actual shit at the store. I'd still be willing to play that console, but cloud gaming? fuck no