• 76 results
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Milkman

"Did that say cyber raptor?" may secretly be the best Giant Bomb moment of all-time.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't watch the video for some reason :(. I press play and then the video quality options come up after without a play button, leaving me with a black screen.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@edgework: 3 banners to push subscriptions wasn't enough ? =o

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By IcyEyes
@amyggen said:

I don't see how that's interesting to note here. Subscription never worked for GS so they dropped, it clearly works for GB. Jeff has been saying for a while now that things are going better than ever in terms of traffic and subscriptions. My guess would be that the suits finally see that subscriptions can be a goldmine for this site. GB has done a terrible job at promoting Premium for years now, so it's good that they're finally promoting one of the big advantages they have over other gaming sites.

What's interesting to note is that GB hired two people while GS laid a bunch of people off. I don't think you have any reason to be worried :)

Yeah, subscription services generate more revenue for smaller, more "hardcore" sites like GB. Bigger, more mainstream sites like GS seem to depend purely on video ad revenue nowadays. Maybe it's most interesting to note that the layoffs at GS happened not long after Dan & Jason came on board GB, coincidence? Obviously, the company is making changes and it looks to be in GB's favor (for the moment), but this also puts them under an even greater amount of pressure to perform. Any unusual activity or actual work on the site always concerns me because GB never does anything like that unless there's real pressure to do so. Jeff also said in the last Jar Time video that he'd be okay if it all went sideways, which seems to suggest he knows it's still a very uncertain future.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those having trouble getting the video to load we will be working on fixing the preload of that video next week. We'll also probably work on adding some more dumb to the page.

The coming up section is not going away. We are simply going to always list the latest few subscriber items underneath it. With everyone at Pax they just have not listed the next upcoming item since schedules are kind of crazy right now.

This is kind of just a first small push to get people to know that there is subscriber content. Obviously most of you who have been visiting forever know what GB is all about and we certainly don't want to get to heavy handed with the sign up now thing, but we want people to know that we are serious about the subscription thing. Having Dan and Jason on the team has really given everyone some breathing room to continue producing premium and non-premium content on a regular basis and that makes me excited about GB right now. We'll work on striking the right balance of getting the message out there and keeping the clubhouse feel that I think GB has always had.

If you need a direct link to the video you can use this: http://v.giantbomb.com/2014/08/28/gb_sizzlereel_20140827_4000.mp4

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By kmg90

Nice coat of paint but having the following lead to upgrade page.... it's sleazy and confusing.

No Caption Provided

Either add something that clarifies that "Hang out, chat and watch PAX!" is for premium members only or update it display something like "Upgrade to Premium"

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@kmg90 said:

Nice coat of paint but having the following lead to upgrade page.... it's sleazy and confusing.

No Caption Provided

Either add something that clarifies that "Hang out, chat and watch PAX!" is for premium members only or update it display something like "Upgrade to Premium"

I assume that's a bug, since the PAX chat is free and available for all members, regardless of subscription status. It can't be intentional to send non-subscribers to the upgrade page when they click on a link to a free stream.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By mrbubbles

That video was awesome. If I wasn't already a subscriber I'd subscribe.

edit: Holy shit that background image isn't actually an image but is a gif.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmg90: Yuk! Super super bug. $%&!!. That was not supposed to happen. Sorry about that.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmg90 said:

No Caption Provided

This has been fixed. Apologies.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Branthog

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexisg: Thanks Alexis, you're great :)

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That video was awesome! If anyone is thinking of signing up, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ripelivejam
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

That video just reminded me how much amazing Premium content there has been.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the video again...

Oh how I really, really wish there was a 10+ minute version of the Lockdown bit. Just a longer clip mashup video.

Totalitarian Dictatorships!

WholeFunShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@amyggen said:

@icyeyes said:

Holy shit! I can't believe the updated it. I'm getting a little concerned now. Why the sudden push to bring in more subscribers? I can think of only one reason... It's also interesting to note that Gamespot dropped its paid subscription service last year, and then laid off some people in July.

I don't see how that's interesting to note here. Subscription never worked for GS so they dropped, it clearly works for GB. Jeff has been saying for a while now that things are going better than ever in terms of traffic and subscriptions. My guess would be that the suits finally see that subscriptions can be a goldmine for this site. GB has done a terrible job at promoting Premium for years now, so it's good that they're finally promoting one of the big advantages they have over other gaming sites.

What's interesting to note is that GB hired two people while GS laid a bunch of people off. I don't think you have any reason to be worried :)

I love giantbomb so partly to promote this new ad I am trying to get #GerstmannGate to trend on Twitter.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By butano

Hah. That's a great video. Also really makes me want more Pathfinder and Flight Club videos.....

What is that song they use at the very end of it where the choir just shouts "BEER"? Never heard it til now and searching for beer in Audio Network doesn't seem to pull up anything.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@milkman said:

"Did that say cyber raptor?" may secretly be the best Giant Bomb moment of all-time.

I really, really need to watch that series.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I really, really need to watch that series.

Yes. Yes you do.

*plays flute*

Sadhana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen: why do we need all the premium about ??

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By AMyggen

@sadhana: Because it's the site's main revenue and is what makes GB possible! :)

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Gaff

@fattony12000: I really hate how that flag in the background moves ever so slightly. Completely pulls me out of the illusion.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me want to sign up all over again.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, watching that video really makes a lot of the current premium content seem a lot more tame when comparing it to the older stuff. I understand the split with Patrick, Vinny, and Alex, but GB's content imo is at it's best when everyone is under the same roof.