#1 Edited by Alyssia (382 posts) -
#2 Posted by FritzDude (2316 posts) -

I don't understand these type of "simulator" games. I didn't find Goat Simulator's disabled goat to be any good, strange, but not necessarily funny. If this game will be anything near Goat Simulator then I don't have much hope. But then again I am not the target audience for these games I guess. As long as you're having fun then that's all that matters.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5879 posts) -

I'm good. Mew-genics from Team Meat will be the only cat simulator anyone needs.

#4 Posted by Arach666 (79 posts) -

I think the whole joke angle is losing a bit of steam now.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (13289 posts) -
#6 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5150 posts) -

I saw somewhere a freakin' Tree Simulator.

#7 Posted by fleabeard (223 posts) -
#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -
#9 Posted by aspaceinvader (261 posts) -

That means the game will be aloof, unresponsive and generally indifferent to your inputs.

#10 Edited by DeadpanCakes (1112 posts) -

Since we're talking about "best cat simulators":

I rest my case

Also, the pictures of those polygonal cats creep me out.

#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

This game wishes it was CATLATERAL DAMAGE.

#12 Edited by ripelivejam (6441 posts) -

paramecium simulator anyone?

#13 Edited by cloudymusic (1414 posts) -

This game was pretty obviously conceived right after Goat Simulator became a thing in order to ride its coat-tails. There's no evidence that there's even a game there (there's just a poor 3D model of a cat). As a bonus, "Oculus Rift support" is one of the potential features, because inserting Oculus Rift support ironically into games that don't need it is a fad unto itself.

This won't get funded, but even if it did, I promise you that no playable product would ever be created.

#14 Posted by Alyssia (382 posts) -

I'd like to see the Goat Simulator team make something like this instead of these guys to be honest.

#15 Posted by billymagnum (860 posts) -

i just made a face-palm simulator and for some reason i cant stop playing it right now

#16 Posted by HotelDon (115 posts) -

The fact that their Kickstarter has 3000 of anything at this point is mind boggling.

#17 Edited by ElixirBronze (470 posts) -

What's with all the Kickstarter promotions on these forums all of a sudden? I don't have a problem with it personally but I thought it was generally frowned upon? Or am I missing something?

#18 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1859 posts) -

Yessssss

#19 Edited by ripelivejam (6441 posts) -

@hoteldon said:

The fact that their Kickstarter has 3000 of anything at this point is mind boggling.

is it in itchy and scratchy money?

#20 Posted by MB (14332 posts) -

@hoteldon said:

is it in itchy and scratchy money?

Well...there is enough support out there that someone made a topic about it on Giant Bomb, so I guess some people think this is worth paying money for.

This isn't even a game, and it looks like they spent about an hour putting the Kickstarter page together.

#21 Posted by Random45 (1440 posts) -
@arach666 said:

I think the whole joke angle is losing a bit of steam now.

Haha, no kidding. The "X Simulator" thing is starting to get a bit stale.

#22 Edited by Bollard (6517 posts) -
#23 Posted by OtakuGamer (1389 posts) -

This has to be a joke, like the company isn't even trying to convince people to invest. The companies profile picture is something that has come out of deviantART or google image search, their video is a 17 second clip that looks like it was made from Windows Movie Maker showing absolutely nothing of what the game could offer or be with the nyan cat sound in the background and the screenshots just shows a badly rendered cat at different angles like it’s supposed to impress people or something.

WHY WOULD YOU PUT MONEY ON THIS?

#24 Posted by SteamRickroller (318 posts) -

Look, guys, we get it. You like simulators. You like making simulators. You like making comedic simulators. You get rather happy that a few PC gaming journalism websites cover it. You also get happy when PewDiePie plays it and tries to be funny, which brings loads of people to your game, which makes people like Smosh Games and Markiplier and about 7000+ other YouTubers play it to try and get a slice of the pie, which brings even more people to it, which gets it tons of coverage.

Now, for the love of God, will you please, fuck off.

#25 Posted by dagas (3078 posts) -

comedic simulator is a strange term. A simulator should be realistic. Like Flight Simulator. Otherwise it is per definition not a simulator.

#26 Edited by Corevi (6793 posts) -

They have a model of a cat and 2 textures and want 20,000 American Dollars? Their only previous work is a shitty website for memes. The worst part is it will get funded because people are idiots.

#27 Edited by kindnivore (2954 posts) -

Since when did the genre "simulator" get turned into the most unrealistic one ever? I'm not going to say we should police names, but I don't want "Goat Simulator" to start some kind of bandwagon that causes the "simulation" genre to lose it's meaning.

#28 Posted by Dalai (7788 posts) -

Goat Simulator was a funny, little one-off joke that I gladly paid too much money for, but that's enough people. The joke is done.