#1 Posted by jasondaplock (263 posts) -

Just sayin'. The guys here fixed the footer almost immediately to include their new office buds, but no love's been shown in the other direction. It's possibly just an innocuous oversight (or the slipped start of a diabolical scheme) but I figured it was worth mentioning for any sham rage it will probably engender.

Yes, I know this should probably be posted on Gamespot, but I haven't set up my account over there yet and, in a record-setting fit of laziness, opted to come back here to complain about it instead of fixing that. Maybe next week.

#2 Posted by Kidavenger (3608 posts) -

Do you really want them coming over here?

#3 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

Quite frankly, I don't think I want Gamespotters over here. :(

#4 Posted by Rerejo28 (135 posts) -

@SirPsychoSexy said:

#5 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Aw man, GameSpot doesn't link to here?

Darn.

#6 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

I don't really get why you are upset about this.

Gaint Bomb is like a cool indie movie and gamespot a blockbuster summer movie. They want most of the traffic on gamespot given the choice. It's far more of a "go to" website.

#7 Posted by AssInAss (2715 posts) -

We don't have enough mods to deal with those hoodlums!

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

Holy shit, it's almost been a whole week and these websites aren't completely interconnected!?  What the shit!

But really, do not give a fuck.

#9 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

@AssInAss said:

We don't have enough mods to deal with those hoodlums!

The last thing you want is gamespot moderators. Made me wonder if the Nazi's actually won.

#10 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

And thank god for that.

#11 Posted by joey (986 posts) -

We can swear!!!

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14424 posts) -

The only reason the Giant Bomb footer changed is because Whiskey Media no longer exists so they needed to get rid of the old footer. So they just bunged the GameSpot, GiantBomb and ComicVine logos down there until they have time to focus on something better. All the stuff in GameSpot's footer is still relevant, so there is no need to make hasty changes to it until everything has been thought through properly. I mean, the Giant Bomb footer currently has a link to Giant Bomb in it... That's completely pointless. But it's there, because it's a hastily made footer so they could get rid of the old one.

#13 Posted by PatchMaster (230 posts) -

Looks like GameSpot made room in their header for a link but it's not there yet. Notice the blank spot next to "Fuse".

#14 Posted by ikilledthedj (331 posts) -

NO HOMERS

#15 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I don't want Gamespotters infecting Giantbombers with their diseases.

:D

#16 Posted by MechaKirby (253 posts) -

GameSpot should focus on fixing their website first... It's still broken as shit

I revisited the site a few days ago and stumbled across a page that was still in the old format. From years ago.

It's also even a hassle to just post a comment. HTML errors everywhere

#17 Posted by TheHBK (5554 posts) -

Giant Bomb doesn't need it.

@Rerejo28 said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

Remember, we were all Gamespotters once...

#18 Edited by spankingaddict (2727 posts) -

Yeah , I noticed that too . Whatevs ...

@TheHBK: LOVE your avatar !

#19 Edited by alexisg (394 posts) -

FWIW: I am currently working on the footer. The one there right now was made in like 10 minutes and like said its was mostly done to remove the whiskey media stuff. New footer will most likely have then new legal links you see on CBS sites but I think it will be pretty unobtrusive. I still like the cross site linking so I can know what is going on on the other sites so I am leaning to something more like this. http://cl.ly/FH75

This is still a work in progress... Also disregard the look of that game right hand module. That is from an old PSD.

#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@alexisg: That is a gorgeous looking footer. I approve!

#21 Posted by cocabis (104 posts) -