They not quick looking Vita games?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By cosi83

This may have already come up but it just occured to me, and please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they have quick looked any Vita games since it's launch? When it seems like all the 3DS games gets de quick looks! Youz GB crew got beef with the Vita? Ragnarok Odyssey quick look would have been nice. On a side note, Project Diva is the best handheld rhythm game since Elite Beat! It so crazy

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#2  Edited By tearhead

I don't think they have a capture kit for the Vita, which would mean they would have to shoot all Quick Looks over someone's shoulder. It's fine to do that for a launch of the system, but quality wise, it's kind of terrible.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cosi83

Is it not possible to capture video for it?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

@cosi83: Not unless they film the screen with a camera off-screen, which looks like shit and doesn't do the games justice anyway. So blame Sony for not sending out capture kits and not Giant Bomb.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SmilingPig

What's a Vita?

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cosi83

Oh, well if you can't buy capture kits for it, then I guess them guyz are off the hook.....for now. Sorry my question was meant to say, is it not possible to buy capture kits for the Vita

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

@cosi83 said:

Oh, well if you can't buy capture kits for it, then I guess them guyz are off the hook.....for now. Sorry my question was meant to say, is it not possible to buy capture kits for the Vita

Yes you can see in their first batch of quicklooks for Vita games, it was all over the shoulder. Besides, there aren't a lot of new Vita games that are worth a damn anyway. I'm confident that if a meaningful game released, they would cover it.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ftomato

@EpicSteve: Like AC3: Liberation, Call of Duty BO2 Declassified, or Persona 4 Golden? Gravity Rush?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Tearhead said:

I don't think they have a capture kit for the Vita, which would mean they would have to shoot all Quick Looks over someone's shoulder. It's fine to do that for a launch of the system, but quality wise, it's kind of terrible.

They have said as much. If you care so much about them covering the Vita, OP, shouldn't you already know that? They've talked about it in various coverage bits of the system and the question has come up at least once on the podcast.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By korwin

@FTomato said:

@EpicSteve: Call of Duty BO2 Declassified

Hahaha.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By johncallahan

Yeah, there have only been a few games worth covering on the Vita front; Persona 4, AC: Liberation, Frobisher Says, and Gravity Rush are all that come to mind. And the stuff that needs to be said about those gets said in the podcast.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Because the Vita is a waste of time and money.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Superkenon

@FTomato said:

Persona 4 Golden

I think Persona 4 is pretty well represented on this site, haha. Besides, Brad and Ryan are both giving it a try -- so they'll be giving their thoughts on the Podcasts... if they can endure it. Fwa ha ha...!

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

I would've loved QLs for AC Liberation, COD Declassified, P4 Golden, and SH Book of Memories, but not because I especially care about the game content in any of those QLs. I just think they all would've made interesting conversation pieces.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By abendlaender

There really aren't a lot of video reviews for Vita games in general. Even Gametrailers normaly doesn't review them.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DG991

I'd be interested in quicklooks even if they were over the shoulder.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alternate

None of the press outlets have capture gear, any direct footage comes from dev kits.

Over the shoulder is labour intensive, awkward, amateurish and if Sony don't want to play ball then they don't deserve the coverage. Vita is dying and they ain't helping.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'll also add that they must not have been getting all that many views.

And that I'm reading all of OP's posts in Labrys's voice.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JoeyRavn

The GB crew has "beef" with the Vita. CoD BLOPS: Declassified and AC3: Liberation are worthwhile games.

This topic is pure gold.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vikingdeath1

@Little_Socrates said:

I'll also add that they must not have been getting all that many views.

And that I'm reading all of OP's posts in Labrys's voice.

That's the accent I was looking for! Thanks duder!

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kpaadet

I get they dont want to capture Vita games over the shoulder, but they dont seem to mind doing it with the Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

It's a conspiracy! Giantbomb is in league with the Reptilian Overlords!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By crusader8463

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Tearhead said:

They have said as much. If you care so much about them covering the Vita, OP, shouldn't you already know that? They've talked about it in various coverage bits of the system and the question has come up at least once on the podcast.

Really man? The guy didn't catch an off hand comment on a podcast so he asks here instead. Not that big of a deal. Just because the guy likes Vita doesn't mean he is scrounging through every piece of content the guys put out for the mention of it.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tomkang

@kpaadet said:

I get they dont want to capture Vita games over the shoulder, but they dont seem to mind doing it with the Wii U.

They are able to capture the main game from the tv.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@EpicSteve said:

I'm confident that if a meaningful game released, they would cover it.

lol

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Korwin said:

@FTomato said:

@EpicSteve: Call of Duty BO2 Declassified

Hahaha.

Also made me laugh 
kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kpaadet

@Tomkang said:

@kpaadet said:

They capture the Wii U gamepad over the shoulder.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@kpaadet

@Tomkang said:

@kpaadet said:

That's because there probably isn't a capture kit for the gamepad.
sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#29  Edited By sammo21

@cosi83:

I think it has to do with the way in which a Vita quick look would need to be filmed...with the camera looking onto them playing it. I'll be honest, I don't want to watch quick looks like that. I don't think Sony has released a capture kit for the system yet.

MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@crusader8463: It's been mentioned in at least three different places, and if you've caught any of the Vita coverage you'd know that they can't capture stuff, and every time anyone asks for Vita coverage they get the same answer. I wasn't being an asshole, just confirming, and curious why the OP wants Vita coverage but evidently didn't pay attention to the hours long stream that they did of the Vita when it launched. So "really man?" yourself.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By korolev

Capture kits are possible, but Sony aren't sending them out and are making them very difficult to get. Many sites have no capture kits for the Vita.

If Sony wants coverage, it has to release the kits. No kits, no coverage. I have a Vita, I desperately want it to succeed.... but it's almost as if Sony is sabotaging it.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By forkboy

@kpaadet said:

@Tomkang said:

@kpaadet said:

Apart from the launch stuff, what Wii U games have they quicklooked? Because they did do a big Vita livestream when the machine first came out, with over the shoulder footage. They just haven't revisited the system since launch, except when a developer comes along with a dev unit that they can capture.

There's also the simple fact that the Wii U is brand new hardware. The real test is will they do quick looks for Wii U games including capturing the controller this time next year? Probably not because so few things actually use that 2nd screen for anything right now.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tomkang

Funky Barn?

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kpaadet

@MariachiMacabre: No shit, kinda like the Vita.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By huntad

@DG991 said:

I'd be interested in quicklooks even if they were over the shoulder.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By EpicSteve

@FTomato said:

@EpicSteve: Like AC3: Liberation, Call of Duty BO2 Declassified, or Persona 4 Golden? Gravity Rush?

I think Persona 4 has had more than enough coverage on the site. And COD's quality on the Vita was well communicated.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mackgyver

They did QLs of a few games right after the Vita launched but nothing since then.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@kpaadet

Jesus, the hostility.Well let's see. One has one screen with zero ability to capture it, the other's primary screen is on the TV, meaning it's easy to capture while the other, less important screen (probably a map) is shot over the shoulder. That screen is also much larger than the Vita. Understand now that I've broken it down, Needlessly-Hostile-Man?
kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kpaadet

@MariachiMacabre said:

@kpaadet

Jesus, the hostility.Well let's see. One has one screen with zero ability to capture it, the other's primary screen is on the TV, meaning it's easy to capture while the other, less important screen (probably a map) is shot over the shoulder. That screen is also much larger than the Vita. Understand now that I've broken it down, Needlessly-Hostile-Man?

Sorry I guess I get alittle annoyed when I'm being feed obvious infomation. Your explanation dosn't make much sense to me, they are willing to do all the work to shoot over the shoulder of "a less important screen" as you say it. But not for a completely different game on a console they dont cover at all?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MiniPato

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@crusader8463: It's been mentioned in at least three different places, and if you've caught any of the Vita coverage you'd know that they can't capture stuff, and every time anyone asks for Vita coverage they get the same answer. I wasn't being an asshole, just confirming, and curious why the OP wants Vita coverage but evidently didn't pay attention to the hours long stream that they did of the Vita when it launched. So "really man?" yourself.

That's a strange assumption. Because he asks a question about something means he should already know the answer to the question? Yeah, if he knew where to find the answer he wouldn't be asking the question. Assuming he has the time to dig through old podcasts and livestreams for an answer is more than far fetched when it's easier to just ask the forums. Not everyone spends as much time on the forums as you and I do, so it's understandable that people would miss any topics relating to the lack of vita coverage.

Anyways I'd be perfectly content with over the shoulder quick looks of vita games. It's better than no footage. And if Sony complains about them misrepresenting their games they can just blame Sony for not sending out capture kits.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

The Vita is an amazing piece of tech. The price tag attached to it? Not so much.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Flappy

I love my Vita to death(!!!), but there really aren't any noteworthy games that are deserving of a quicklook. Most of the interesting ones are either in Japan or currently being developed...in Japan.

This is essentially the original PSP fiasco all over again. No biggie.

MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@MiniPato: Assuming he just came to the site yesterday is about as silly.

I made no assumptions silly or otherwise, I was just curious why the poster, who has been on the site for over a year, and is wanting Vita coverage, hasn't given any attention to the very large amount of coverage of the Vita, or have caught it in one of the other places on the site it's been mentioned. Especially as I assume they are here for the content on the site far more than the community considering the low number of posts.

I'm not insulting the guy just saying there are places that this information has been given. But hey, have fun jumping on my shit.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MiniPato

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@MiniPato: Assuming he just came to the site yesterday is about as silly.

I made no assumptions silly or otherwise, I was just curious why the poster, who has been on the site for over a year, and is wanting Vita coverage, hasn't given any attention to the very large amount of coverage of the Vita, or have caught it in one of the other places on the site it's been mentioned. Especially as I assume they are here for the content on the site far more than the community considering the low number of posts.

I'm not insulting the guy just saying there are places that this information has been given. But hey, have fun jumping on my shit.

You're a silly goose, Mordin!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I do hope that Giant Bomb will get a capture kit soon for the handheld, there may not be any games on the Vita that I would particularly want but I'd still like to know about the ones I don't know anything about.